Hump Day is now also Legendary Poll Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Can Bradford be as good as Warner someday?

• 3. Depends (list reasons)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 2. Without a shadow of a doubt

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 1. You're High

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
We don't need Sam to be as good as Warner to have a great team. We have a defense that is much better than any but the 99 one to go along with our offense. The combination will do it for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
LesBaker said:
X if Bradford ends up 80% of Warner we are going to be very happy Rams fans because it'll mean winning seasons, playoffs and probably a SB win before he retires.

And I'm not talking about yards and TDs per se I mean courage in the pocket, vision, reading defenses, precise passing and leadership. Gimme 80% of a Warner and I know I can win.

You nailed it, Les.

Yup.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
albefree69 said:
We don't need Sam to be as good as Warner to have a great team. We have a defense that is much better than any but the 99 one to go along with our offense. The combination will do it for us.

Every team is different. You know this, I know this, we all know this.

The combination it takes to win a SB goes from one extreme (O) to another (D) to somewhere in between. Its the beauty of football.

We might win it all this year.

We might not.

The team that wins it all... is exactly where we are. Unsure if we have it all.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think if we give Sam the WR that Warner had, the offensive line that Warner had, and Marshall Faulk and Mike Martz as coordinator that he would be pretty damn good.

It's not fair to Sam to make the comparison given that Sam's #1 WR, Gibson, would have been a #5 on the GSOT.

I love Steven Jackson, but he didn't have the home run potential that Faulk had everytime he had the ball in his hands. SJax could gain yards when Faulk couldn't, by moving the pile, but Faulk added a dimension that very few RB in the history of the NFL was able to do.

Roger Saffold would never be able to do what Pace did.

And during the GSOT era they played a system that accentuated Warner's talents.

Put Sam on the 1999 Rams and see what would end up happening.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
brokeu91 said:
I think if we give Sam the WR that Warner had, the offensive line that Warner had, and Marshall Faulk and Mike Martz as coordinator that he would be pretty damn good.

It's not fair to Sam to make the comparison given that Sam's #1 WR, Gibson, would have been a #5 on the GSOT.

I love Steven Jackson, but he didn't have the home run potential that Faulk had everytime he had the ball in his hands. SJax could gain yards when Faulk couldn't, by moving the pile, but Faulk added a dimension that very few RB in the history of the NFL was able to do.

Roger Saffold would never be able to do what Pace did.

And during the GSOT era they played a system that accentuated Warner's talents.

Put Sam on the 1999 Rams and see what would end up happening.

There is no question he would put up big numbers, even Kitna did that in MaxQ. And now during this era where the DBs are limited compared to back then I am certain Bradford would put up big numbers.

That's not the same as being "as good".

The guys who played QB in Martz system in DET, SF and CHI would probably all tell you Warner was different and what he did was unusual. Receivers aside we got to watch real greatness there for a few years.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
IMO, the 01 team had better D personnel and a far superior DC than the 99 team.

As for Warner, he essentially replicated "some" of his heroics in Arizona and single handedly put them in a position to win the SB.

Comparisons between Warner and Bradford are mute, they're two different players and miles apart in their experience and development. Like many, I believe Bradford fits this system or more accurately, the system has been fashioned to compliment Bradford. Only time will determine Bradford's legacy.

When comparing Warner teams with Bradford's, we keep forgetting one critical element........mad Martz and he is a difference maker.