Humbled

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One good thing I thought about after the Giants game was that these guys got Humbled!

After playing so well the past month or so, they thought they had everything dialed in on D.

Run D was great, 2nd in scoring, coverage was awesome, playing hard and fast.

I thought we were going to and destroy the Giants on Defense because I've seen Eli play before and there was no reason to believe we couldn't do that.

Then the game was over and we questioning the D once again. I mean they did give up 500 yards of offense, probably one of the worse since Fish has been here.

This is good, I feel that now the young D will strive to get better instead of feeling like they are almost there.. they know there is still lots to be done. They got served that humble pie by the Giants.

Now let's go to Seattle and serve them some pie was well, since they think they are the Greatest D to ever play the game, let's show them what a real D looks like!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I tend to agree with the general sentiment here - but it's hard to believe that this organization would need to be humbled. I like swagger and I like moxy and all - but these guys have had their teeth kicked in on more than one occasion this year alone. They have been run on, thrown on, out schemed, and out fought. Sure, they have had many games where they best themselves - way too many games - but they have also just been flat out destroyed - before this past week.

Injuries, penalties, untimely turnovers - I know we have plenty of excuses if we want them - but this team - more often than not - plays like crap. They have as much talent as any team in the league - but they play like a team that will pick top 10 year after year.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I don't believe they were humbled cus I simply don't believe those guys think like that. it was simply undisciplined football and they might have been more interested in blowing players up rather than play smart ball. ALSO Williams did nothing to reel them in or adapt the defense to help a struggling secondary. another do or die defensive scheme which is getting old

Memphis Ram

Legend
Things change quickly when you aren't playing against Colt McCoy, Drew Stanton/Ryan Lindley, and a rookie in Derek Carr at QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Things change quickly when you aren't playing against Colt McCoy, Drew Stanton/Ryan Lindley, and a rookie in Derek Carr at QB.
i
i
i

Memphis Ram

Legend

Love my team. But, if that WR Sanders doesn't get knocked out, that Denver game probably looks MUCH different. Then again, I guess that's part of good defense.

Plus, I'm also glad that San Fran abandoned the running game and went pass happy playing into the Rams hands. And Seattle scored 26 points. 23 after being down 21-3.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Love my team. But, if that WR Sanders doesn't get knocked out, that Denver game probably looks MUCH different. Then again, I guess that's part of good defense.

Plus, I'm also glad that San Fran abandoned the running game and went pass happy playing into the Rams hands. And Seattle scored 26 points. 23 after being down 21-3.
I hear ya, Quincy Qualifiers.

Bottom line? Our defense did enough against them to let our offense win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really don't care that they lost that game. Not gonna root against them ever, but since they were out of the playoffs anyway I could care less. The Seattle game is the same, want them to win but if they don't, well, it does increase their odds of snagging the guy they want in the draft in each round.

Nice thing here is that with GDub running this defense things get fixed. They're always improving with his approach of every day being an interview which is very important to me. They got their butts kicked by the Giants, GW will go back and break down why, and they'll either improve in those areas or they'll increase the importance of those areas in the draft.

But in the NFL you're rarely going to have the type of defense that never needs points. There's just gonna be games where the other team beats you. GW is human so he'll of course get outschemed from time to time, but I don't think that type of thing is going to happen too often.

So no change really, from where I'm sitting: Rams need an offense. That will make our very good defense even better too, btw.

Ace right

UDFA
Good teams beat the shitty QB's. Better teams beat the better QB's as X said. I want us to strive to be great and beat them all!

Athos

Legend
Eh.

With 3 straight losing seasons under Fisher, they should have been humbled a long time ago. Hell, they should have been humbled after getting smacked in the mouth by DAL after going up big, getting smacked in the balls by Philly until a 3rd and 4th QTR comeback, smacked in the face by shitty arse KraperDink.......

The list goes on. I don't buy it. For so many straight losing teams, no way should this team have games where they need to be humbled.

What they need is a killer instinct and not forget it's the NFL and anything can happen no matter the team you're playing.

What they need is to play friggen smart football on a consistent basis. They'll forever be losers (as a team) until they do.