Humble Stars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about you guys , but it sure is nice to have guys that are humble and not in the news in the wrong way . Guys like Becham , Zeke , and Antonio Brown are great players , but their antics are something I'm glad we don't have to deal with . It's actually embarrassing to watch sometimes .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
you know it's bad with Beckham when you have folks in football thinking the Giants shouldn't extend him until and unless he gets his head right. Otherwise, he's just going to be someone else's problem.

Not getting extended should be sending a message, but it's not.

I wanted him initially, but like a few other WRs (some I wanted, some I really didn't) we once again dodged a bullet.

I'd take Kupp this year over Beckham ANY DAY.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
emotional game....emotional players....it's like going to a play...and then being disgusted if an actor cries after their performance....

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't put AB in the same category as Zeke and OBJ when it comes to behavior, but I get your point. There was a big difference between the way Zeke handled his big plays and how Todd handled his.

fearsomefour

Legend
Whitworth.
Something about receivers....dbag fest.
A guy like Whitworth has been as good at his position as those guys at theirs. But for much, much longer.
Just because an average fan or casual fan doesn't know a linemans name but knows a self important blowhard (and I think a flash) like Odell doesn't mean he isent a star.
Whitworth is the real deal.

…..

Legend
emotional game....emotional players....it's like going to a play...and then being disgusted if an actor cries after their performance....

I dont remember any actors jacking thier legs up and acting like a dog.

What is your angle here....are you agreeing with the OP or are you saying we should excuse the behaviours because they come from emationally unstable actors?

Passion can be harnessed for greatness. Emotions f*ck things up and always have.

I'm sorry but I dont buy emotion as a valid argument, excuse, reason.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tbh I'd like to have both of those receivers lol but I agree.

STLRam

UDFA
I love how the big 4 playmakers of the GSOT - Warner, Faulk, Bruce, and Holt - are all humble and really good people.

I pretty much see the same on this team too.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it usually the fault of the media and their own inflated sense of self importance ... they believe their own and the medias hype..no one in the inner circle will tell them to chill out they wont want to lose their meal ticket...i cant stand players like OBJ ZEKE who act like they won the superbowl after making the most basic of plays ,,,yay you did your job ,,,give me the holts the bruces the faulks ... make the play hand the ball the ref and go again

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I love how the big 4 playmakers of the GSOT - Warner, Faulk, Bruce, and Holt - are all humble and really good people.

I pretty much see the same on this team too.
I don't think Faulk was too humble when he was with the Colts, and Holt and Bruce celebrated with their TD dance. Bruce also did that knife against the 9ers that you have to admit is worse than Zeke eating after a nice run, but I get your point lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
To be honest, on the field antics are just that - celebrate after a win etc, thats their prerogative - I find it childish and immature, but as I said in another thread somewhere - I believe a lot of it is there to wind up the opposition - get them fired up and possibly make mistakes / penalties etc...

But at the end of the day - I don't care.

What I don't like are the lowlifes that beat their girlfriends, animals, get into stupid altercations, carry guns etc.. I believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege and they should act accordingly.

Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful.

One of my favourite quotes on humility

The Ramowl

Starter
I think a lot of these guys just want to win and are coming to work. They don't get over themselves when they score points, they just go to the bench and wait for their next shot. I hope it stays that a bit longer !
I think having the star of the team Gurley being so composed and humble plays a lot in the overall tone here.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I don't think Faulk was too humble when he was with the Colts, and Holt and Bruce celebrated with their TD dance. Bruce also did that knife against the 9ers that you have to admit is worse than Zeke eating after a nice run, but I get your point lol
Bruce did the throat gesture after years of frustration with the Niners beating the Rams. It was actually a little out of character for him. But I loved it.

Zeke is just all about Zeke. Showboat. Look at me. In the mold of Meshaun and Cam Newton, etc. I'm with the OP. It's great to get excited when you do something great for your team. But the "eating after a nice run"? Dude. ALL sane humans wanted to punch him in the throat for that crap. You have to admit it.

It come down to character. We have tons of real men with character on this team. And I love it.

nimite

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody think that gurley get big head last year? With all the hype, the advertising and he was always pull a face on the turf.
I don't see the same guy this year.
I think it's very easy to tilt on the dark side when you received praise and it don't work for you.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys like Becham , Zeke , and Antonio Brown
NY 0-4
DAL 2-2
PITT 3-1

To act childish when you are at or below .500 seems eilly to me.

It's why I got upset when guys like Austin would celebrate a catch when the team was down 27-3 in the 4th.

Talent is God given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful.
I absolutely love this!

I haven't seen much (if any) showboating by the Rams this year... maybe I missed it.

But McVay seems to have gotten through to these players (unlike Fisher) and I'm guessing his message is one of professionalism and discipline at all times.

I really like where this team is going in many respects.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What is your angle here....are you agreeing with the OP or are you saying we should excuse the behaviours because they come from emotionally unstable actors?
Yes....there was some added incentive to act like a dog that week as well...A very famous person referred to NFL players as sons of bitches...

I've heard it suggested he was intimating a dog for this reason...and I believe it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And many were crediting OBJ with showing up in camp, yet villainizing Aaron Donald....

…..

Legend
Yes....there was some added incentive to act like a dog that week as well...A very famous person referred to NFL players as sons of bitches...

I've heard it suggested he was intimating a dog for this reason...and I believe it.

I can respect your angle. But I'm in the "two wrongs don't make a right" category on that one. The very famous person is already a household synonym for idiot. The issue I have is OBJ thinking he is so important that we are interested in his opinion and side shows.

"Hey TVLand...look at me I'm so cute and clever" ...but actually so desperate for MORE attention, basically a camera whore to me.

I do like the funny ones though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But I'm in the "two wrongs don't make a right" category on that one. The very famous person is already a household synonym for idiot. The issue I have is OBJ thinking he is so important that we are interested in his opinion and side shows.
Exactly....while not funny....outlandish....well, my buddy and I were laughing our ass off watching the highlights...my buddy hates Odell...his look...all the stuff...I'm defending him....lol...cause, he can REALLY play...but I get you....

But when the Rams were doing that bob and weave...Hell, I didn't know what they were doing at first....but you know what? We were winning...and it' looked like fun...but if I was the opponent...man I woulda tried to destroy, Marshall, Bruce, or Torry....that's too much celebrating....but...it sure looks fun.

Odell is in the drivers seat...the Giants, Manning, the coach...all are....owed their jobs because of his success....The HC has his job because of Odell...Eli does too...and the Giants won't win a game without him....Odell has leverage...he can pee on your grass if he wants....or

trade him...cut him....watch how many don't mind a few antics.