Huge revenge game here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's amazing how the nfl comes full circle. Remember fishers first season here in 2012? We weren't great, but we were hovering around the second wildcard spot. Some experts were picking the last spot to go to us or the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings came to town and and took care of business and would later seal that wildcard spot.
Now, the Rams and Vikings are again looking like the two teams that might battle it out for that same second wildcard spot. And once again, they have to play each other to get there. This game feels like our kind of game to me. Our defense likes these hostile environments, fisher is going to want to run the ball hard and fast, and most importantly the Vikings haven't really been through the fire yet. We will be the second hardest game on their schedule so far. I think we can hit them right in the mouth early which won't be easy. But if I had to bet on janoris vs diggs, our defensive line vs. their offensive line, and our battle tested group outlasting their good but untested group, I'd take that every day of the week.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Tavon is gonna go off like Patterson did and Gurley will get his. I predict AP still gets 90-120 yards and 1 TD. They don't stop him, but do enough to get the W. This team feels different with how good the D is playing the last month. Cannot come out flat though, that's my worry.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Tavon is gonna go off like Patterson did and Gurley will get his. I predict AP still gets 90-120 yards and 1 TD. They don't stop him, but do enough to get the W. This team feels different with how good the D is playing the last month. Cannot come out flat though, that's my worry.

I doubt very much AP gates more than 50 or a TD. 90-120 and a TD for the entire Vikings running game maybe.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I doubt very much AP gates more than 50 or a TD. 90-120 and a TD for the entire Vikings running game maybe.

I'd be thrilled if they held AP under 80 yards. I've seen him kick Ram ass so much I don't dare predict they shut him down. I'm as hopeful as any fan here that they get after him all day from the first snap. This will be a great test for Mark Barron as a WLB.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm hoping the Rams keep their defensive no td streak alive

AD won't get a TD, we save that for backs that smash the line. He dances more. He'll get his, maybe 80 but you'll see the change up backs more than not. 90 yrds team running? ouch, even Denver a D that is better than yours couldn't do that at home.

Make no mistake, you guys have a really good D, but saying you are going to hold us to 90 team yards running is a bit of a stretch.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make no mistake, you guys have a really good D, but saying you are going to hold us to 90 team yards running is a bit of a stretch.
Rams defense is giving up 98 yards per game on the ground. I believe you guys will surpass that but it's not impossible that the Rams hold you under. Again, I doubt it though

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
At Minny, holding the Vikes to 90 yards would be a phenomenal effort. I will be happy if we can get to Bridgewater and make him run for life. Gonna be a tight game!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD won't get a TD, we save that for backs that smash the line. He dances more. He'll get his, maybe 80 but you'll see the change up backs more than not. 90 yrds team running? ouch, even Denver a D that is better than yours couldn't do that at home.
For sure, I guess we won't give up more than 105 then.. Again, I so doubt that. TG is beast.
im a pessimist so I'm afraid Gurley will have a slump game at the worst possible time. I'm hoping it's not Sunday

im a pessimist so I'm afraid Gurley will have a slump game at the worst possible time. I'm hoping it's not Sunday
Nah, Gurley will get his and ESPN will make a big deal about passing the torch, which to be fair prob needs to happen sooner than later. We had our Run with a HOF RB, your turn, and TG is prob going to make that happen. Good for you guys. On to the game. I'm wondering if any teams have really, and I mean really sold out against the run on you? Talking about 8-9 guys in the box over and over again. We've seen it all the time here on the op side but really have never had to deal with it on the D. Closest would be Forte, and our safety knocked him out of the game and poss 3 weeks, clean hit and I hate injuries (he is my FF RB!). Like I have said before I don't know much about your team, I know the front 4 is stellar, but I'm not sure if a team has really sold out on the run.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Last time these two teams met AP had 75 yards and this defense was in it's first game under a new OC with no Aaron Donald.

AP can't be underestimated because anything is possible with him, but I don't think you realise how good this defense is.

We shall see.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, Gurley will get his and ESPN will make a big deal about passing the torch, which to be fair prob needs to happen sooner than later. We had our Run with a HOF RB, your turn, and TG is prob going to make that happen. Good for you guys. On to the game. I'm wondering if any teams have really, and I mean really sold out against the run on you? Talking about 8-9 guys in the box over and over again. We've seen it all the time here on the op side but really have never had to deal with it on the D. Closest would be Forte, and our safety knocked him out of the game and poss 3 weeks, clean hit and I hate injuries (he is my FF RB!). Like I have said before I don't know much about your team, I know the front 4 is stellar, but I'm not sure if a team has really sold out on the run.
That's a good question. I don't think teams have had to stack the box on us yet. Each game, if you take away Gurley's big run, his numbers are average. We need to start picking up 8-10 yard pickups consistently first

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think selling out against the run is the best idea. Especially with how we run the ball. We run a decent amount of plays where Austin is used as a decoy. You get too many guys in the box and you risk us handing it to Austin. You don't want Austin outside contain with all your guys in the box. ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think selling out against the run is the best idea. Especially with how we run the ball. We run a decent amount of plays where Austin is used as a decoy. You get too many guys in the box and you risk us handing it to Austin. You don't want Austin outside contain with all your guys in the box. ;)

...but we do!

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's a good question. I don't think teams have had to stack the box on us yet. Each game, if you take away Gurley's big run, his numbers are average. We need to start picking up 8-10 yard pickups consistently first

TG has been a conundrum thus far. Amazing game stats, but most come later in the game and on big plays.

I think it's mostly just weak o-line play against fresh defenses.

The good news is all you need are a few holes a game for him to explode. Imagine if our o-line was really good. I would not be shocked if he were giving Dickerson a run for his money.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TG has been a conundrum thus far. Amazing game stats, but most come later in the game and on big plays.

I think it's mostly just weak o-line play against fresh defenses.

The good news is all you need are a few holes a game for him to explode. Imagine if our o-line was really good. I would not be shocked if he were giving Dickerson a run for his money.
I agree. I can't wait to see this weekend. Feels like he plays a little better every game

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Supposedly the networks have been clocking him and he's been getting faster each game.

Scary thought...