How's Longacre looking at LB??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Saw he's got two sacks, thought some people on the board had mentioned his name a few times. How's his run defense?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's stout and unlike Quinn has been able to shed a bit. But he's not the most athletic guy, so not ideal but if Quinn doesn't come around he's going to keep bleeding snaps to him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesn't have Quinn's juice off the edge, but he's playing more sound football right now.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He doesn't have Quinn's juice off the edge, but he's playing more sound football right now.

Is Quinn ever gonna work on an inside move?! I know he's gumby and all that, but he runs himself out of too many plays flying up the field.

Longacre is just solid. Does his job well most of the time, I wouldn't complain about him grabbing more snaps. Same with Tyrunn Walker. Save Brockers ankles IMO.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Is Quinn ever gonna work on an inside move?! I know he's gumby and all that, but he runs himself out of too many plays flying up the field.

Longacre is just solid. Does his job well most of the time, I wouldn't complain about him grabbing more snaps. Same with Tyrunn Walker. Save Brockers ankles IMO.
I agree. I know I have been hard on Quinn lately. But he seems like he is so predictable anymore. Dancing bear. Very predictable for the LTs

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I agree. I know I have been hard on Quinn lately. But he seems like he is so predictable anymore. Dancing bear. Very predictable for the LTs

I'm just praying that he's out of "football" shape due to the loss of live snaps in preseason. The whole back injury thing worries me too, like he's going 75% because of fear of being injured again or whatever, but my hope is he's going to start looking a bit more like his old self.

If he can do that the moves don't really matter because he's got that flexibility and strength. But right now he's gotta toughen up man, dude is just getting buried and losing contain like crazy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

This^ and Longacre holds up better at the point of attack. Quinn IMO, is a natural 4-3 DE and is struggling as an OLB...I would start Longacre and bring Quinn in on passing downs or hopefully Quinn can start adjusting, but I have to trust the process and BTW LB Coach Joe Barry not showcasing much right now IMO.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Quinn is twice the player if you let him put his hand in the dirt. Many people brushed off the switch to the 3-4 as insignificant but minor details are everything in football. There is a huge difference in the point of contact depending on the technique and Quinn is struggling to adjust.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Agreed .. save cap space. Quinn is not worth the price tag.

Lining up off sides as well . Play smart

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
This is kind of like the Hayes dilemma. He's effective in his role now, how much do you play him without decreasing his production?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I look for the Rams to upgrade their LBers this off season. Quinn and Barwin out with Ogletree to the outside and Barron to SS.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Longacre is good and can be great. Watching him in camp, you could see that he was literally all gas and no brakes. :)

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't feel that he's much of a downgrade from Quinn. Honestly, I'd dangle Quinn out there to see what we could get

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
IMO he should be starting over Quinn. He looks like a better fit for this defense.
wow....WOW....I understand...Longacre has played well...and Quinn looks like Merlin said....going a lil less than 100%.

Maybe start Longacre...but if Quinn falters....give all his snaps...not just pass rushing to a new guy...Samson or Longacre.