Howard Balzer: Lunchtime Live w/ guests Jim Hanifan, Dick Vermeil, and Charley Armey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd give you a breakdown of the comments, since it's almost an hour long, but I haven't listened to it yet. I just downloaded it to listen tomorrow. 3 pretty good guests, so it should be a good listen.

[av]http://media.blubrry.com/talkstl/p/talkstl.com/shows/balzer/LTLPodcast091515HOUR2.mp3[/av]
DOWNLOAD

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lotta reminiscing about Vermiel and the other two from the Eagles to the Rams team that won it all. Worth listening to for that alone.

Rams specific notes:

Vermiel thinks Foles is a QB you can win it all with. He noted that he had watched his games with Philly and that he's for real. They all saw what we saw in game one with Foles overcoming things immediately and leading the offense to scores.

Vermiel felt the trade was good for both teams, and noted that Bradford played well in the second half of game one.

Armey noted that fans missed a great game and that they shouldn't miss any more, that there's some good games ahead.

Vermiel talked about the 2001 team that he felt was the better team and almost won it all.

Some really nice reminiscing about Warner and Vermiel making the call to go with him. Vermiel discussed the cuts and the difficulty of keeping Kurt. Hanifan shared the story of how they called Bill Walsh and one team signed Warner the other signed Garcia, never heard that before very cool. Vermiel's laugh about how he elbowed Hanifan during the 9er game and said "this kid can play" and then the Hanifan story of how Warner went through his entire reads before going back to hit Ike in stride and how Vermiel looked at him and said "Did you <BLEEP> see that?" was great.

Vermiel comments on Martz giving him credit for how well prepared Warner was due to how tough he was on him. Then how they grew into the usage of Faulk as they realized how great he was. Even more stuff like how Robinson was moved from the practice squad and how Martz made a call/Warner a pass that put him right out there where he made a play for a TD.

Really enjoyable listen man thanks for posting, what a special time and group of players and coaches. Kept me up too late though argh!