How they looking tonight?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
5 for 22, with long of 15. That's pretty sad.

Richardson has been the more consistent runner.
I don't think anyone is gonna get going until the O-line starts to assert itself in the run game. You can't expect much to happen when these guys are getting met in the backfield, or having the guards get held up at the point of attack. Things need to get sorted out (and fast), but I don't think that makes Pead a bad RB. The output is "sad", but then again ... so is the lack of running lanes from the starting unit. Richardson didn't look good at all either until he tried to get the edge. Which he didn't, really.
Richardson was 5 for 10 for a long of 7 yards, but I'm not bashing him. I don't like player bashing. I thought he was fine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I don't think anyone is gonna get going until the O-line starts to assert itself in the run game. You can't expect much to happen when these guys are getting met in the backfield, or having the guards get held up at the point of attack. Things need to get sorted out (and fast), but I don't think that makes Pead a bad RB. The output is "sad", but then again ... so is the lack of running lanes from the starting unit. Richardson didn't look good at all either until he tried to get the edge. Which he didn't, really.
Richardson was 5 for 10 for a long of 7 yards, but I'm not bashing him. I don't like player bashing. I thought he was fine.
Yeah, I'm not bashing him either. It's really difficult to get the edge against that team, and our line didn't look like they were going to be successful with those stretch plays. I hope the scheme Schottenheimer unveils involves some spread concepts to get these guys spread out. I don't see much to be stoked about in the run game right now, but maybe we're just not seeing what they intend to do either.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Yeah, I'm not bashing him either. It's really difficult to get the edge against that team, and our line didn't look like they were going to be successful with those stretch plays. I hope the scheme Schottenheimer unveils involves some spread concepts to get these guys spread out. I don't see much to be stoked about in the run game right now, but maybe we're just not seeing what they intend to do either.
We are still blocking mostly man concepts, with very little help. I'm not worried as long as our starters can stay healthy. I'm out of here.....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

We are still blocking mostly man concepts, with very little help. I'm not worried as long as our starters can stay healthy. I'm out of here.....
True. That's why I hope we're just not seeing what they intend to do in the run game. Sure seems like they're just lining up with their 5 against other teams' 5-7 man fronts. And if Fisher/Schott didn't want to show much, then that's why we're seeing next to nothing in the run game. I have confidence that the scheme is going to help out, and then we can all look back at our concerns and pretend we didn't have any. lol.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
dodgeram joining the team:
It was clear they wanted to get Cook more involved. There were some good things tonight. Some not so good. I imagine the reason why there was so much room underneath is to keep things vanilla. It pretty much kept them from big plays. Plus, it gave them plenty of opportunities to work on tackling. This time, I thought tackling overall was better. The reason for yardage was not so much poor play as it was scheme. They gave them a lot of room underneath.

Austin showed us a glimpse of why Fisher moved up to get him. I think at some point he's going to have at least one TD return. Probably even more than one. I hope its against the 49ers. :twisted:

Cook is going to be a handful for opposing defenses. Big and fast. I thought the line did OK. Although I'm a little concerned about Richardson's pass blocking as the starting RB. I wonder Peade will end up the 3rd down back if Richardson has trouble picking up blitzers?

Ogletree also gave us a glimpse of why he was picked. Especially on that INT. His speed made that possible.

Overall, more positives than negatives. Sam Bradford is shaping up to be a quality NFL quarterback. Unfortunately, for some he has to be more than a quality QB due to his draft status and contract. I'm satisfied with Bradford at this point. He's going to be the leader of this team. He's looking more confident and comfortable in the pocket. When the young players start to learn how to play at this level, you will see Sam Bradford start to step up and be a good or even better than good quarterback.

Excellent first post!

Welcome to the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :wewt: :clap: :cheers:

Stop by the members map and pin your location. maybe you'll find some fellow RODites are your neighbors. :bg:

Check out our Facebook page too if you want. There's some good Ram stuff there.