How they looking tonight?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm at fucking work still :(

Heard the Ogletree strip on the radio. Fucking awesome

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Username said:
I'm at freaking work still :(

Heard the Ogletree strip on the radio. freaking awesome

The first team looked great.

Lots to be excited about.

Ogletree, Austin, and McDonald all had big moments. Cook too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:

Still have some stuff they have to work on (timing, sight adjustments, etc), but it was a marked improvement over last week. Tackling was better, defense playing more aggressive, Tavon had a hella good return (two, actually), Cook is showing why he's going to be Bradford's favorite target, McDonald had a blocked FG and a few good plays, Ogletree showed up BIG TIME this week, and Ray Ray is flying all over the field again.

Pettis had a bad game for the most part. He gets himself tangled up too much and needs to break the habit of trying to catch the ball at its highest point when running the route out is the better option. Sam needs to show a little more urgency with his internal clock, and our backup QB situation is dire.

The offensive line continues to pass block well, but needs to start pushing people around in the run game.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:

Tavon fielded two punts, looked good on one return looked real good on the other. First return he caught the ball and juked a Bronco at the same time, took it 81 yards to the 3 yard line. Would have scored if Olgetree wasn't in his way. He also had a nice catch and run for 12 yards. Cook looks really comfortable, Bradford was extremely accurate again.

Running game was so-so this game, Bradford got hit/sacked a few times, but with the offense staying vanilla and the Broncos slightly less so, it's to be expected.

Defense was on the field a lot, Broncos ran 30 plays in the first quarter alone (Rams ran 9) but only had 7 points. Manning ran almost 50 plays in the first half total, Rams still led 20-10 though. Olgetree had the strip for a TD and an interception, looks very comfortable. TJ McDonald blocked a FG.

Overall they have looked good, especially since they're remaining vanilla.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good shit thanks guys. Hopefully I can get home in about an hour. Thank god for DVR!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Started at right tackle by the way?

V3

Hall of Fame
Here's my first half evaluation:

ST

I'll just start off with why the hell are they still insisting on using Pead for KO returns? I'm just glad the Denver kicker never let him have a chance to try and return one. This one is really starting to piss me off. The coaches are forcing the issue. Pead is NOT a KO returner.

...Austin on the other hand, WOW! Awesome. Easily the best PR we've had since the GSOT days. That boy knows how to see a hole and burst through it and even better, how to follow his blocks.

DEFENSE

Ogletree- is a bit of an enigma right now, IMO. Most of the time he looks lost or not trying (most likely a symptom of being lost) but on the plays where he knows what he's doing, look out. Stripped a ball, had an interception in the red zone, and almost had another INT. If the light ever goes on for him, he will be very good.

JL55- for the most part looked very good. He was tackling better than usual tonight.

Witherspoon- was a mixed bag. Some bad and some good.

Jenkins- The biggest thing that jumped out to me with him is that he needed to get some different cleats. He was slipping on just about every play. The one play where Caldwel caught a ball on 3rd down with about 6 minutes in the 2nd qtr, Caldwel clearly pushed off on him and sure enough, Jenkins slipped because of it. It should have been a penalty but Jenkins needed new shoes too.

The overall tackling was MUCH better this game. There were still some misses here and there but not nearly as bad as last game.

McLeod- looked pretty good to me.

Brockers- looked double teamed most plays but when he wasn't he got nice push into the pocket.

Lastly, I have to ask, what is wrong with playing press coverage in pre-season? How does that show other teams anything? Our DB's are going to need the practice at jamming WR's and TE's at the line. Why not get it now? Manning was just eating up the 10-15 yard cushions our DB's were giving their receivers. His stats reflected that. I sure hope they play press coverage during the real games because I can't take this soft stuff much longer. I know last year they played off a lot because they were worried about being beaten deep because our safeties sucked. That shouldn't be as much of a concern this year(oh yeah, McDonald looked pretty good, too) so they'd better play press more often.

OFFENSE

Bradford- He started off strong but tailed off pretty quick. I wasn't as pleased with him as others. He overthrew Pettis early on a critical down and still has issues with his progressions. He's not seeing open guys. It's getting frustrating. And why the hell is he still having issues with Delay Of Game? That's all on him.

Cook- looked great. I'm drafting him in fantasy if I get the chance. I have a feeling he's going to be SB's favorite redzone target.

O-line- Overall I thought they were "meh". Their run blocking still has major issues. Pass blocking has its ups and downs.

Wells- Had a horrible game IMO; both run blocking and pass blocking

Dahl- wasn't impressed. He's supposed to better at run blocking and he didn't do very well in that department.

I think Saffold got beat once or twice by Miller(I think). He could still be hampered by the shoulder and it was Miller(again, I think) so I'm not too concerned there.

Long looked good other than the false start.

I think Williams had one bad play at G but otherwise was solid. I'd have to go back and watch him. When he moved to RT he was horrible. Please don't play him at RT during the regular season!!!!

Pettis- I'm really not seeing too much from him. He doesn't get much separation. I think he should be strictly used in the redzone and use Bailey the other times. It's time to see what Bailey can do with the 1's. Play him in the fourth game with the starters.

Richardson- didn't have much room to run so it's hard to judge him on that. His pass protection was not good though. Still a weakness for him. He got Sam killed on one play.

Still some mental mistakes that need to cleaned up as well.

Well, that's about all I can remember off the top of my head for now. These are just my observations. Others may not agree with them. Perhaps some things would change with a second viewing.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3's first looks:

ST

I'll just start off with why the hell are they still insisting on using Pead for KO returns? I'm just glad the Denver kicker never let him have a chance to try and return one. This one is really starting to piss me off. The coaches are forcing the issue. Pead is NOT a KO returner.

...Austin on the other hand, WOW! Awesome. Easily the best PR we've had since the GSOT days. That boy knows how to see a hole and burst through it and even better, how to follow his blocks.

DEFENSE

Ogletree- is a bit of an enigma right now, IMO. Most of the time he looks lost or not trying (most likely a symptom of being lost) but on the plays where he knows what he's doing, look out. Stripped a ball, had an interception in the red zone, and almost had another INT. If the light ever goes on for him, he will be very good.

JL55- for the most part looked very good. He was tackling better than usual tonight.

Jenkins- The biggest thing that jumped out to me with him is that he needed to get some different cleats. He was slipping on just about every play. The one play where Caldwel caught a ball on 3rd down with about 6 minutes in the 2nd qtr, Caldwel clearly pushed off on him and sure enough, Jenkins slipped because of it. It should have been a penalty but Jenkins needed new shoes too.

The overall tackling was MUCH better this game. There were still some misses here and there but not nearly as bad as last game.

Brockers- looked double teamed most plays but when he wasn't he got nice push into the pocket.

Lastly, I have to ask, what is wrong with playing press coverage in pre-season? How does that show other teams anything? Our DB's are going to need the practice at jamming WR's and TE's at the line. Why not get it now? Manning was just eating up the 10-15 yard cushions our DB's were giving their receivers. His stats reflected that. I sure hope they play press coverage during the real games because I can't take this soft stuff much longer. I know last year they played off a lot because they were worried about being beaten deep because our safeties sucked. That shouldn't be as much of a concern this year(oh yeah, McDonald looked pretty good, too) so they'd better play press more often.

OFFENSE

Bradford- He started off strong but tailed off pretty quick. I wasn't as pleased with him as others. He overthrew Pettis early on a critical down and still has issues with his progressions. He's not seeing open guys. It's getting frustrating. And why the hell is he still having issues with Delay Of Game? That's all on him.

Cook- looked great. I'm drafting him in fantasy if I get the chance. I have a feeling he's going to be SB's favorite redzone target.

O-line- Overall I thought they were "meh". Their run blocking still has major issues. Pass blocking has its ups and downs.

Dahl- wasn't impressed. He's supposed to better at run blocking and he didn't do very well in that department.

I think Saffold got beat once or twice by Miller(I think). He could still be hampered by the shoulder and it was Miller(again, I think) so I'm not too concerned there.

I think Williams had one bad play at G but otherwise was solid. I'd have to go back and watch him. When he moved to RT he was horrible. Please don't play him at RT during the regular season!!!!

Pettis- I'm really not seeing too much from him. He doesn't get much separation. I think he should be strictly used in the redzone and use Bailey the other times. It's time to see what Bailey can do with the 1's. Play him in the fourth game with the starters.

Richardson- didn't have much room to run so it's hard to judge him on that. His pass protection was not good though. Still a weakness for him. He got Sam killed on one play.

Well, that's about all I can remember off the top of my head for now. These are just my observations. Others may not agree with them. Perhaps some things would change with a second viewing.

Good job and I agree with most of that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The biggest thing that jumped out to me with him is that he needed to get some different cleats. He was slipping on just about every play.
lol. I said the same thing in the chat room.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
V3 said:
Here's my first half evaluation:

ST

DEFENSE

OFFENSE

Yup Pretty much sums it up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

And Pead looked better than Richardson tonight. Oh, snap!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

Pead did well. But...

The running game as a whole was not very impressive. Pead included.

dodgeram

UDFA
It was clear they wanted to get Cook more involved. There were some good things tonight. Some not so good. I imagine the reason why there was so much room underneath is to keep things vanilla. It pretty much kept them from big plays. Plus, it gave them plenty of opportunities to work on tackling. This time, I thought tackling overall was better. The reason for yardage was not so much poor play as it was scheme. They gave them a lot of room underneath.

Austin showed us a glimpse of why Fisher moved up to get him. I think at some point he's going to have at least one TD return. Probably even more than one. I hope its against the 49ers. :twisted:

Cook is going to be a handful for opposing defenses. Big and fast. I thought the line did OK. Although I'm a little concerned about Richardson's pass blocking as the starting RB. I wonder Peade will end up the 3rd down back if Richardson has trouble picking up blitzers?

Ogletree also gave us a glimpse of why he was picked. Especially on that INT. His speed made that possible.

Overall, more positives than negatives. Sam Bradford is shaping up to be a quality NFL quarterback. Unfortunately, for some he has to be more than a quality QB due to his draft status and contract. I'm satisfied with Bradford at this point. He's going to be the leader of this team. He's looking more confident and comfortable in the pocket. When the young players start to learn how to play at this level, you will see Sam Bradford start to step up and be a good or even better than good quarterback.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

Pead did well. But...

He looked very impressive, and explosive.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
dodgeram said:
It was clear they wanted to get Cook more involved. There were some good things tonight. Some not so good. I imagine the reason why there was so much room underneath is to keep things vanilla. It pretty much kept them from big plays. Plus, it gave them plenty of opportunities to work on tackling. This time, I thought tackling overall was better. The reason for yardage was not so much poor play as it was scheme. They gave them a lot of room underneath.

Austin showed us a glimpse of why Fisher moved up to get him. I think at some point he's going to have at least one TD return. Probably even more than one. I hope its against the 49ers. :twisted:

Cook is going to be a handful for opposing defenses. Big and fast. I thought the line did OK. Although I'm a little concerned about Richardson's pass blocking as the starting RB. I wonder Peade will end up the 3rd down back if Richardson has trouble picking up blitzers?

Ogletree also gave us a glimpse of why he was picked. Especially on that INT. His speed made that possible.

Overall, more positives than negatives. Sam Bradford is shaping up to be a quality NFL quarterback. Unfortunately, for some he has to be more than a quality QB due to his draft status and contract. I'm satisfied with Bradford at this point. He's going to be the leader of this team. He's looking more confident and comfortable in the pocket. When the young players start to learn how to play at this level, you will see Sam Bradford start to step up and be a good or even better than good quarterback.
Welcome to the board, Dodgeram!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

Pead did well. But...

5 for 22, with long of 15. That's pretty sad.

Richardson has been the more consistent runner.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
dodgeram said:

And that is why Pead is the perfect 3rd down back, neither Richardson, nor Stacy did a good job today picking up the blitz.

We can't play if our QB gets killed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
Username said:

Pead did well. But...

There's room for both.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:

I don't think anyone is gonna get going until the O-line starts to assert itself in the run game. You can't expect much to happen when these guys are getting met in the backfield, or having the guards get held up at the point of attack. Things need to get sorted out (and fast), but I don't think that makes Pead a bad RB. The output is "sad", but then again ... so is the lack of running lanes from the starting unit. Richardson didn't look good at all either until he tried to get the edge. Which he didn't, really.