How the season SHOULD go...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duli

UDFA
@Mackeyser
I respect fans that are willing to put it out there for all to see and dissect. Good for you.

Mine looks different however ;)
My prediction before Sam went down was 10-6 wildcard and 2nd place in division.
Now it looks like this:

First Quarter 2-2
Sep 7 Minnesota W
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay L
Sep 21 Dallas W
Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia L
2-2

Second Quarter 4-4
Oct 13 San Francisco W
Oct 19 Seattle W
Oct 26 @Kansas City L
Nov 2 @San Francisco L
2-2

Third Quarter 6-6
Nov 9 @Arizona L
Nov 16 Denver W
Nov 23 @San Diego L
Nov 30 Oakland W
2-2

Fourth Quarter 9-7
Dec 7 @Washington W
Dec 11 Arizona W
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants W
Dec 28 @Seattle L
3-1
----------
9-7
3rd place in division
no playoffs
Only one road win? I'm hoping good defense gives us a better chance to win road games this year.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Bookmarked. This doesn't seem too far fetched, if Bradford were healthy the entire season. Without him, 8-8.

Remind me never to go into battle with you two. You guys would have your white flags out before the enemy even began to march.

I still think we go 10-6 but don't see us going 13-3 what so ever. Either way I think we finish better than a 8-8. We are built to beat the crap out of other teams and hopefully we at elast break even in the division because I don't really see anybody outside of our divison whipping us.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm only going to address the offense.... because our Defense should be at the very least AS good if not better than it was last yr.

Now ... on Offense, I think we all can agree that Hill is an upgrade over Clemons ? (at least IMHO). Now look what is surrounding him .... is Britt, a better BQ ... more experienced Tavon ... and when Bailey comes back ... is that not better than last yr?? How about the OL .... I think we are a little better there. Need to stay healthy, but even our depth is a tad better. Just wish our best 3 didn't have such and injury history. TE's ... at least the same as last yr. RB's ... I think we are as deep as any team can be at this position. As far as carrying the rock, I think Stacy, Cunningham, Mason and Watts give us a "no drop off" depth there.

So ... if we have upgraded (as I have assumed) then we chould be at least an 8-8 ... 10-6 team, no? Playoff berth is a whole different animal. In our division .... 10-6 didn't even make it last yr. As much as I want to see the playoffs .... I more want to see team growth and maturation. Improvement. The ability to overcome (Bradford). And I think this team CAN do it.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Remind me never to go into battle with you two. You guys would have your white flags out before the enemy even began to march.

8-8 is a pretty good season, sir. I'd be happy with it. I'm certainly not saying the season is lost, but I was hoping Bradford would lead us to a championship this year. I still think he can be a top 5 QB in the league.

jap

Legend
I need to get a feel for how the team flows with Shaun at the helm. This is eerily similar to the 1999 season when Trent went down and the unknown Kurt Warner stepped in. I had no real feel for where the team was until I saw how Kurt flowed with the offense. Rookie Torry Holt combined with Isaac and the 1998 Rams receptions leader, Ricky Proehl, to form a dynamic trio. The Wizard of Az came out of DickieV's doghouse to complete the aerial foursome. With defenses overcommitting to stop the known threat, Marshall Faulk, Kurt settled in quickly and nicely, and the GSOT was born.

I teased a bit about history repeating itself in an earlier post because I strongly feel many are underestimating Shaun Hill. You lose Sam's arm strength with Shaun, but you gain greater pocket awareness, finesse touch, and mobility---even at age 34. As long as the OL can keep him mostly upright, we should be very competitive.