How the season SHOULD go...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I predicted the same record before Sam went down!

Too many questions for me to seriously think about it though.

1. How good can Sean Hill play?
2. Williams first year with this group.
3. Are the right pieces their for Williams D?
4. How good will the DBs be?
5. Depth at LBer is scary.
6. Is Quick for real?
7. Can the team continue to win on the road?
8. Will the Dome actually feel like Homefield advantage?

Just a few....but if all of the pieces fall into place then sure 13-3 is doable.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sep 7 Minnesota - The Rams offense is just too diverse for this defense that has lost too much talent, especially up front where it counts. AP breaks a few longer runs, but Gregg Williams' pressure packages keep Cassel guessing all day. Once the Rams have the lead, the pressure gets dialed up significantly and sets the tone for the season.
Rams WIN. Record (1-0)
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay - The Tampa offense is so outmatched that this game is more dictated by the defense than the offense. Vincent Jackson is still a threat as is Doug Martin, but the Rams defense can handle two weapons with the limited QBing coming from the Tampa offense. Even as vanilla as they tried to keep it, Tampa was anemic in the preseason and those issues continue.
Rams WIN. Record (2-0)
Sep 21 Dallas - The Dallas offense is still potent enough to turn any contest into a shootout and this is no different. The Dallas defense is still impotent enough to turn any contest into a shootout and this is no different. Well, the difference is that the Rams offense shouldn't turn over the ball as Romo tends to do. Big numbers on both sides offensively.
Rams WIN. Record (3-0)
Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia - The Dallas game and bye week prepared the Rams for the high octane offense of the Eagles. Fisher is a HC that given two weeks is awfully tough to beat. This D if rested will be even tougher. Another shootout, but the defense of the Rams contributes where the Eagle D just can't keep up.
Rams WIN. Record (4-0)
Oct 13 San Francisco - Hated rivals the Rams played tough even when they had guys who shouldn't hardly be in the league. Now, the 49ers have a decimated DL, secondary ravaged by FA and an OL that's been sooo bad that they actually got punked by their own OG into calling his bluff and being forced to pay him more money. RBs continue to drop like flies and Kaep can't seem to be any kind of QB. With the pressures Gregg Williams has designed for the 49ers, this tough game becomes a satisfying win.
Rams WIN. Record (5-0)
Oct 19 Seattle - Sitting at 5-0 and playing Seattle at home, this is now a huge national game. I think Percy Harvin will be a big part of this game IF he's part of it. I think Seattle will miss Golden Taint in the regular season. Between the rule changes and the Rams relying on the run game as well as our new D scheme, I expect this game to come down to a field goal. I think the Rams youth will cost them a mistake or two and they lose a heartbreaker, but keep the lesson for later.
Rams LOSE. Record (5-1)
Oct 26 @Kansas City - Arrowhead is a wicked tough place to play and Alex Smith is a capable QB. The Rams have their work cut out for them, but the Chiefs got the Rams on the wrong week...the first week of a 3 game road trip AND after losing a heartbreaker to the hated Seahawks. The Rams take out their anger on the Chiefs and win a bruiser.
Rams WIN. Record (6-1)
Nov 2 @San Francisco - Bowman may be back, but Aldon Smith isn't. Who's to say if Smith is still playing at this point or how that DL is holding up. Levi Stadium is being criticized heavily and part of it is the play. The 49ers just aren't very good this year. Rams beat the 49ers in their house in a tough game that's not as close as the score indicates.
Rams WIN. Record (7-1)
Nov 9 @Arizona - No matter how good a team is, the 3rd week in a row on the road is just damn tough and Bruce Arians is just a really good coach. That team will be ready to play even without their stars. I expect this game to be close, but the Rams end up lagging a bit and let the game get away.
Rams LOSE. Record (7-2)
Nov 16 Denver - Coming home doesn't help as they come home road weary against a Top 2 offense. They actually give Denver worries by getting to Manning, but he still has too many weapons and gets to them too quickly for this young team. Rams try to keep the ball out of his hands and Denver RBs keep the game close by giving up the ball on the road (as they tend to do), but Peyton is Peyton and he doesn't let this one get away.
Rams LOSE. Record (7-3)
Nov 23 @San Diego - San Diego is good, but they're no Denver. The Rams don't take kindly to the 2 game losing streak and fight like hell. San Diego turns this into a war, but Legatron lets the Rams break hearts for a change.
Rams WIN. Record (8-3)
Nov 30 Oakland - Derek Carr is playing extremely well and has won some surprising games for Oakland. Schaub is a distant memory at this point. This is where G. Williams shines and leaves the young man befuddled and confused with so much esoteric defense that he's lucky if he throws the ball forward.
Rams WIN. Record (9-3)
Dec 7 @Washington - Who knows which QB is playing at this point and it won't matter. The Rams are executing well and Washington is its usual mess. The only thing that concerns me is the field. RGIII tore his leg all to crap on that field and the groundskeepers have done a pisspoor job over the years of keeping that field up to NFL quality standards. That could really affect the run game and injuries could affect both lines. That said, I think it will be a hard fought contest with the Rams in control much of the way.
Rams WIN. Record (10-3)
Dec 11 Arizona - Revenge. This isn't a 3rd week on the road and the Rams are much more rested and focused against a division rival. This game counts for a ton and the Rams see the playoffs now. They can feel the acceleration and Fisher keeps this young team focused.
Rams WIN. Record (11-3)
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants - What a mess in NY. OL is a mess, Manning keeps Sports Radio going all by himself and that defense is now as bad as Dallas'. Rams take the big win and prepare for the season finale.
Rams WIN. Record (12-3)
Dec 28 @Seattle - Rams believe now. Youth is executing and guys have stepped up. This is what Fisher came here to do. Seattle has gotten away with its OL and talking heads occasionally mention it, but the Rams jump all over it. The only thing on Russell Wilson more than the Rams defense is his jersey. This is a WAR and the Rams go in and win it in a close one.
Rams WIN. Record (13-3)

Beyond that, I dunno. But I think the Rams really can do this if they play up to their potential and execute. And I really and truly do not mean play over their heads. I just mean play up to their talents. This team is stacked. With Bradford, I think they'd be capable of winning every game including the Denver game which I think is our hardest game.

I won't mention anything negative because I'm not trying to jinx my Rams before the season starts. So, I dunno if this will come to be, but I think this could come to pass.

I DO know that the Rams deserve to be the healthiest team in the NFL for once... Being among the most injured for however many years in a row just stinks on ice and watching division rivals have that health and STILL play them tough... well, it just lets me know that with our stacked roster that if we're healthy, we're the winner.

If you are right and they go 13-3 I'm gonna kiss you :ROFLMAO:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I just want to see them jump out on a decent start. I'll be ecstatic if they roll into the bye at 3-0 or 2-1. A bit of momentum to open the year will go a long way.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Bookmarked. This doesn't seem too far fetched, if Bradford were healthy the entire season. Without him, 8-8.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I love the way you think!! This would be a dream for many of us Rams fans. I do believe we win anywhere from 8-10 games this year. And i'm ready to get the first "W" this sunday!!!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Rams WIN. Record (13-3)

I like to avoid the prediction business other than on game days when I always predict a Rams win. So I start every season predicting 16-0. In the very unlikely event that the Rams lose a game, I'll revise my season prediction to 15-1. After all, I have to be realistic.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you are right and they go 13-3 I'm gonna kiss you :ROFLMAO:
Me Too! But in your case.....
yodapic.jpg

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I'm with you on this, Mack, although I would've had us at 16-0. I like the way you think, bro.

GO RAMS!!!!

Athos

Legend
Calling it now.

Aldon Smith is gone for both Rams games. Wheiners pass rush will be pathetic. Kraeperdick throws pick to Gaines and Jenks.

Don't think the Bucs are improved enough. Put 23 on them with CK and no Austin with Bennie not being 100%. Sacked Glennon 7 times.

GW won't allow himself to be embarrassed the same way Walton was by Murray.

RGWhine, gonna have a whole lot more to whine about when the Rams sack him 10 times. That is, if he's still healthy at that point.

So basically, I agreed, but -2 wins.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
I would say swap the two Seattle games and its definitely doable. I just dont see us beating them on the road, but at home is certainly possible as we saw by the close game last year. I like it!

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
One thing about Seattle after reading Peter King's MMQB from earlier in the week, either they like living on the edge or the contracts they've been handing out have perhaps created the first fissure of their decline.

14. Earl Thomas returned four punts at Texas, but since the Seahawks drafted him in 2010, he hasn’t returned a punt in a real game. Tune in Thursday night against Green Bay. Looks like Thomas could return punts and Percy Harvin kicks—now if that’s not the most famous return tandem in recent NFL history, I don’t know what would be—in the NFL’s season-opener. Interesting stage for a first-time NFL returner.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Okay. But if one can't be a homer on the week before the first game of the NFL season, when can one?
That's what I'm talking about. Besides, I don't see your scenarios as things that can't happen. I'm in.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That line you just stepped over.....thats the line that separates optimism from delusion.

Doc_Brown.png

I'm sorry... are you insinuating that I'm not in my right mind? Don't I LOOK in my right mind???

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I predicted the same record before Sam went down!

Too many questions for me to seriously think about it though.

1. How good can Sean Hill play?
2. Williams first year with this group.
3. Are the right pieces their for Williams D? YES
4. How good will the DBs be? VERY GOOD
5. Depth at LBer is scary.
6. Is Quick for real? YES HE IS
7. Can the team continue to win on the road?
8. Will the Dome actually feel like Homefield advantage?

Just a few....but if all of the pieces fall into place then sure 13-3 is doable.
Lets knock a couple off that list for ya...(y)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@Mackeyser
I respect fans that are willing to put it out there for all to see and dissect. Good for you.

Mine looks different however ;)
My prediction before Sam went down was 10-6 wildcard and 2nd place in division.
Now it looks like this:

First Quarter 2-2
Sep 7 Minnesota W
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay L
Sep 21 Dallas W
Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia L
2-2

Second Quarter 4-4
Oct 13 San Francisco W
Oct 19 Seattle W
Oct 26 @Kansas City L
Nov 2 @San Francisco L
2-2

Third Quarter 6-6
Nov 9 @Arizona L
Nov 16 Denver W
Nov 23 @San Diego L
Nov 30 Oakland W
2-2

Fourth Quarter 9-7
Dec 7 @Washington W
Dec 11 Arizona W
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants W
Dec 28 @Seattle L
3-1
----------
9-7
3rd place in division
no playoffs

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
This is how the season "WILL" go. Not "Should" go. Get it right next time, and I'll take you more serious next time.