How the Rams might be setting up to actually land a decent quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thats why its important the Rams use their left over cap space and start signing guys to extensions now if they can

Either Demoff or Snead claim that next year they will be 70 million under the cap. I am not sure how, especially if they get new contracts for guys like Brockers and such.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Either Demoff or Snead claim that next year they will be 70 million under the cap. I am not sure how, especially if they get new contracts for guys like Brockers and such.

Oh i dont doubt they will be plenty good cap wise, I'm more worried about the lack of being able to sign everyone if they wait til the off season again. And with extra money not going anywhere this year, seems smart to get a head start if they can

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh i dont doubt they will be plenty good cap wise, I'm more worried about the lack of being able to sign everyone if they wait til the off season again. And with extra money not going anywhere this year, seems smart to get a head start if they can

I hope they do. Some reports suggest that Demoff was so busy with the relocation stuff, well before it was official that he didn't have time to renegotiate with players. Guys like JJ wanted to start earlier on the contract talks but it didn't happen. I hope the relocation business doesn't cause a similar situation. It is far from done you know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Guys like JJ wanted to start earlier on the contract talks but it didn't happen
They started talking about extending him last year. During preseason. And Jenkins cut off those talks at week 6 of the regular season.
That's 2 and a half months of trying, and he ended it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They started talking about extending him last year. During preseason. And Jenkins cut off those talks at week 6 of the regular season.
That's 2 and a half months of trying, and he ended it.

I wont say who told me that but you can guess. Supposedly he ended it because he was not happy with how little effort was being taken on the Rams part and he was insulted. Is it a reliable source? I don't know. The rest of the forum usually takes those words as gospel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wont say who told me that but you can guess. Supposedly he ended it because he was not happy with how little effort was being taken on the Rams part and he was insulted. Is it a reliable source? I don't know. The rest of the forum usually takes those words as gospel.
Ah.

Well, there was an article posted today that talks about it in a little more detail.
Sounds like (as usual) the asking price was the sticking point.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...to-keeping-janoris-jenkins.43800/#post-726138

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
There are so many varying opinions of the QB's in this draft. As far as who "I like" in this draft ... well I am skeptical of most young QB's coming out of the college ranks nowadays. The NCAA just doesn't do a god job of preparing these young guns to be "NFL ready" anymore. ... .and this phenomenon is working it's way into most positions on Offense as well. Lack of the huddle, reading the field, taking snaps from under Center, sight adjustments, complete route tree... OL in 3 pt stance ..etc.

But my question to those who know ... or think they know ... in this draft class, who is most like Derek Carr? I mean skill sets, experience, football acumen, knowledge of schemes and such?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've gone on record claiming the Rams will draft a QB early this year. Although Sneed stats are correct, I'm a firm believer you can make stats say whatever you want.

So where's the catch? Where is Sneed's 25 points allowed leads to losses logic flawed?

1. Sneed wouldn't say such a thing, if the Rams didn't have an outstanding defense. In other words, Sneed hints that defense is very important to winning games. And again Sneed is right, but let me toss this stat wrench into Sneed's Logic.

2. Last year the Rams were Dead Last in offensive plays ran, averaging 57.5 offensive plays a game. The NFL median was 64.7 offensive plays run. The top team averaged 70.4 offensive plays per game

3. The Rams Defense averaged 68.2 plays from scrimmage which placed the Rams 28th in the league. So the Rams defense played 10.7 more scrimmage plays the their offense. Thus the Rams negative 10.7 scrimmage plays differential placed the Rams again DEAD LAST.

4. Thank God Johnny Hecker is the best punter on the planet.(y) Unfortunately Hecker led the NFL with 96 punts. That's 6 punts a game!:shocked: Praise Johnny Hecker.

5. The Rams were DEAD LAST in practically every Passing Category.

Conclusions...

Rams defense is better most NFL statistics reflect. The Rams defense is easily a Top five defense no matter what the stats say. The problem is they have to play defense for 60% of the game.

If I was an NFL doctor, I'd say, "The best defense is a good offense." The best offenses are run by superior starting quarterbacks. As you doctor, Snead Fish, I prescribe a franchise quarterback. It's expensive, I know.

Bottom Line...Snead Fish are well aware of the dead last negative play from scrimmage differential. Therefore I surmise the Rams will do everything in their power to move up and draft a spanking brand new quarterback. Snead Fish are biding their time, waiting for the Free Agency Quarterback Musical Chair game to end. Thus eliminating the need to pay an RG 3 treasure trove to move up and draft the QB they have targeted. Like I said in an earlier post, I will put my precious ROD dollars where my mouth is...I bet the Rams draft a QB in the first round.

The signs are good. The planets have aligned! Mercury goes into retrograde the first day of the draft April 28, and traditionally that bodes well for the Rams and is bad for the Browns, Eagles, Cowbows, and the Whiners.:mrburnsevil:

Good call dude........

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Feel strongly the Rams will end up with Wentz, Goff or Lynch. Just hoping when the dust settles the Rams move up and select either Wentz or Goff because it is right, it is just and God knows, it is time!
Hello Nostradamus

One can only hope this was all part of the Rams' brilliant plan. I hope they were playing the long-game this whole time. Because I worry that they're actually deluded enough to believe Keenum is the answer. :baghead:

A-Team