How The NFC West Will Do In 2020! Can The San Francisco 49ers Repeat?!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i never realised the rams were so bad and in such cap trouble for the next few years. how could i have missed it?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

a bit more realistic here.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Lose or split to the Niners? Bullshit, we are beating their ass twice , three times if they are unlucky enough to find us in the playoffs!! I predict 9-7 to 11-5, Idiots are scrambling for bandwagons while we have already reached those heights and had 9-7 as a down year...friggin tryhard idiots trying to will their "logic" into truth.

oldnotdead

Legend
Can they? The operative word being CAN. Sure anyone can be the division champ on paper. But in reality, they will be facing an improved Ram's squad that has filled basically all its holes. The Niners created a big hole in their d-line with the loss of Buckner. The rookie they drafted is good but even in college, he was inconsistent.

I think the Hawks at this point are pretty much the same as last year, i.e. dependent upon how far can Wilson take them. I think the Cards could be slightly improved but Murray needs to prove he's a legit NFL franchise QB. To do that he needs to show he can make more than one or two reads.

The Rams are the strength of the NFCW and have improved their roster in ways both the Niners and Hawks don't look like they have.

oldnotdead

Legend
Yawn more low hanging fruit type of journalism. No real knowledgeable analysis, simply looking at past performance to predict the future ignoring the changes in their primary competition. You simply have to note how the Rams and Niners played in their last game of the season on week 16. With a cobbled together o-line the difference in the game came down to a missed FG.

Funny how they miss that fact and how the Rams dominated the Hawks two weeks before. The difference between 9-7 and 10-6 for the Rams came down to a missed FG. If that FG is made the Rams make the playoffs and people aren't talking about the "decline" of the Rams.

He says that the "questionable" moves by the FO on the o-line were a major contributor. But he takes the moves out of context with no understanding of why they were made. Case in point is John Sullivan whose play was pretty much average during their Super Bowl run. Sullivan was signed in 2017 and that year he was a marginal starter. In 2018 this so-called pillar of the o-line's play significantly declined below that level. So of course the Rams didn't exercise the option year. Funny how the author doesn't know that. Sullivan did not play in 2019 as a 34 yo player who's playing was in decline two consecutive years. How is that a questionable FO move? The author makes assertions without researching it. From that point on I stopped listening to this hack.

If you are going to pass yourself off as an analyst shouldn't you do even a modicum of research? He obviously doesn't know the team he's analyzing. What a fool.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Why did he discuss the impact of 9ers' and Hawks' draft picks, but no mention of the Rams'? Guess he thought no one would notice that bias.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When it comes to the 49ers they have their own question marks. Its easy to assume a Superbowl participant will be good. They were in the Superbowl after all.

When you look at the 49ers it was a team that relied on good defense the first half. The second half that defense was not as good. It ain't easy to maintain a top tier defense every year. Don't be surprised if that defense isn't as good. They have a good offense but a quarterback with question marks.

Seattle has been overlooked the past few years but they always seem to find a way to have a winning season. I don't think anything will change with that. But I doubt they're a deep playoff team.

The Rams were 9-7. They could be better. They could be the same. I seriously doubt they'll be worse. The people who point out the losses are being short sighted. They're still thinking about the guys who were good players in past seasons. Gurley and Cooks were a shell of their former selves last season. Fowler had 3 great games and 13 ok games. Matthews and Weddle were a step too slow most times. Littleton is the only loss that could hurt. But how much? He's a good player but not an impact talent.

I don't think it would be hard to improve on Gurley's production from last year. Our defensive line should be better with the addition of Robinson. Floyd might not improve on Fowler's sack totals but he's a good all around defender. Our secondary should be better with the return of Johnson.

All in all, as much as some people say it might not be a good year for the Rams, it also can be said it will be a better year. They have the talent and coaching to win games. And they've already proven they are capable. Its not like a team who needs to experience what it takes to win.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Aww Geez...

So many of these pundits are so ignorant, huh?

I’m gonna keep this simple. The 49ers got more than their fair share of the bounces last season. Just saying.

We should have swept the Seahawks last year, so why not this year?

Cards are improving but still look like the 4th best team in the league’s toughest division.

The Rams? Well, I think they made key coaching changes that were needed in all 3 coordinator positions. They also plugged holes via draft and FA. The OL will surely be improved due to experience playing together late last year.

Add it all up and I like Rams chances at reclaiming the division title and a deep playoff run. I like Rams chances a LOT, really.