How the Greatest Show on Turf fell apart as quickly as it was assembled

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
By the way, don't be surprised when after we win a SB or maybe 2 and really get the city behind the team, if our ownership starts to pull back on the purse strings. So enjoy what we have now. The way the Rams are spending money will not last.
I don't see that happening. It's not how much you spend but how you spend it. And they want Los Angeles to be the center of the NFL. That great stadium. The surrounding complex. No, Stan will keep spending the money.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
You can chock it all up to the ownership. Leaving "bring them to their knees Shaw" in charge. Krikorian came up with that name. Shaw was about keeping players from taking shopping money from Georgia. He let Zygmat the book keeper, take over once Martz lost the SB. The only person who could of kept the GSOT going would have been Vermeil. They were desperate to win for their new city and gave Vermeil power over football operations. When he left, it was business as usual and the Rams were doomed.
Vermeil was the key. He unfortunately allowed the media, including disingenuous St. Louis sports writers, to talk him into retiring prematurely. And I'm actually of the view that he didn't need Martz. Vermeil would have made the uber talented GSOT work even if Martz had left.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't see that happening. It's not how much you spend but how you spend it. And they want Los Angeles to be the center of the NFL. That great stadium. The surrounding complex. No, Stan will keep spending the money.
I hope your correct, but if you look at his other sports franchises, what he is doing here is not his normal look.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
& then there was the lack of attention in building a solid OL....

Can you call it that though?

Alex Barron
Jason Smith
Jacob Bell
Jason Brown

Every coach either spent big or drafted an OL high. We just had ridiculously bad luck or bad scouting. But I don't think they lacked in effort