How NFL.com analysts are projecting the Rams' 1st rounders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[nfl]0ap2000000158204[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000158204/On-the-Beat-Rams-No-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20000 ... Rams-No-16</a>

Bucky Brooks
No. 16: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
The loss of receiver Danny Amendola via free agency robbed quarterback Sam Bradford of his top target between the hashes. Austin is a terror with the ball in his hands; his ability to put the ball in the paint will quickly make him the No. 1 option in St. Louis.

No. 22: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
Based on his impressive résumé tape in 2012, the Rams could view Lacy as a potential workhorse. The Alabama standout will answer questions about his speed and quickness at his pro day on April 11.

Akbar Gbajabiamila
No. 16: Keenan Allen, WR, California
After losing Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson, the Rams have a perfect opportunity to draft Allen, who can play multiple receiver positions.

No. 22: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
Sam Bradford's evolution has been stagnated by the unsatisfactory play of the offensive line. Cooper is an athletic guard who can dominate.

Gil Brandt
Austin is one of the most exciting players in the draft. He has unbelievable quickness and will pose a real matchup problem in the NFL with his ability to line up at receiver or in the backfield. At his pro day, Austin was catching and returning kicks, as well. With his speed, I imagine he'll be pretty good at that facet of the game.

No. 22: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
With veteran running back Steven Jackson moving on, the Rams need a ball carrier on the bigger side, and Lacy (231 pounds) would fit the bill. There is a question about his speed, though nobody seemed to catch him in college. He improved greatly during this past season.

Charley Casserly
No. 16: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
A much-needed weapon out wide for quarterback Sam Bradford.

No. 22: Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas
Vaccaro could pile up a number of interceptions with the Rams' pass rush.

Daniel Jeremiah
No. 16: Kenny Vaccaro, SS, Texas
Vaccaro didn't test that well at the NFL Scouting Combine, but he is outstanding on tape. He would start from Day 1 for St. Louis; his versatility would be a luxury in Jeff Fisher's defense.

No. 22: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Patterson very easily could go much higher than 22nd, but in some years, receivers get pushed down the board. The Rams can't afford to pass on him twice.

Matt "Money" Smith
No. 16: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
The Rams got their tackle in Jake Long and their tight end in Jared Cook. Now they finally get that big-play receiver to help Sam Bradford show off the skills that made him the No. 1 overall pick a few years back.

No. 22: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Now you see how all these picks from the Robert Griffin III trade are going to pay off for the Rams. They get their big-play receiver at No. 16 and, after signing Jake Long to become their left tackle, they get their right tackle with that extra pick. What once was a serious liability becomes a strength in just one offseason.

Josh Norris
If Danny Amendola takes his talents elsewhere, Austin would be an outstanding addition to the Rams' offense. Offensive line is still a need, though.

No. 22: Matt Elam, FS, Florida
I do not think as highly of Elam as others do, though his pre-draft process has generated nothing but positive buzz thus far. He certainly puts together one heck of a highlight tape.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Re: How NFL.com analysts are projecting the Rams' 1st rounde

The real question is who does Mike Mayock have us taking, his mock's are crazy accurate.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I like Matt smiths picks and think Bucky is on somthing if he truly bekieves Austin is a true number 1 reciever

nighttrain

Legend

of those mocks, my fav
Josh Norris
If Danny Amendola takes his talents elsewhere, Austin would be an outstanding addition to the Rams' offense. Offensive line is still a need, though.

I do not think as highly of Elam as others do, though his pre-draft process has generated nothing but positive buzz thus far. He certainly puts together one heck of a highlight tape.

really want Austin and we need a FS,,
train

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

The Dude said:
Josh Norris

How old is THIS guys mock?? Regardless, I like it. We are going to get 2 starters and/or solid contributors in the first round unless we absolutely shit the bed with these picks....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

nighttrain said:
of those mocks, my fav
Josh Norris

really want Austin and we need a FS,,
train
If i was forced to choose from these 2 player mocks then yeah,i'd roll with this one,although i'd be ecstatic if it somehow ended up:
#16 T.Austin
#22 J.Cooper

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Give me Bucky's/Gil's or Josh Norris.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

Josh Norris

this is what i hope we get.