How Much Has the Rams’ Defense Been Impacted by the Loss of Chris Long? --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Chris Long sucks you kidding me? Meh... we should release him and J Lau since our defense is such a historic D.

Amazing how all the haters have nothing to say when Long is gone and we suck ass on pass rush now....
Pray J Lau doesn't go down...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So far it looks like we are missing Tim Walton more.o_O

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I have to just imply it as I'm not sure that I'm kidding!

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't necessarily think Chris Long being gone has impacted the defense...and I could be wrong...but I think the defense has been impacted by Williams system.

That's not to say Williams system doesn't work...but I *think* the defense is still grasping it overall...and with a LOT of young players on this defense, it hasn't come together as we thought it would.

That's just my thinking...and each game they get a bit better. It would be GREAT for it all to come together IN A NINERS DEFEAT!!!

Monday's coming...(y)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Walton's idea of defense was to play the db's 10 yards off the receiver. Drove me nuts. Good to see him gone.

To be fair, Walton generated a terrific pass rush. Perhaps if we hired him back, and made him and Williams take turns calling plays we'd have something.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
total disaster for Rams D in my opininon
train
I don't know if I would go quite that far, our pass D is ranked #1, and over-all our D is ranked 13th! (* according to SportsCharts.com) But I feel your pain Train!(I'm a poet today!) You and I have been watching the Rams Longer than anyone else, here at ROD, WE Know BAD when we see it!:D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
To me, it's obvious that he's missed. His pressures from the outside used to force QBs to their left, or make them try to climb the pocket.
I know for damn sure that Robert Quinn notices that he's gone.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To me, it's obvious that he's missed. His pressures from the outside used to force QBs to their left, or make them try to climb the pocket.
I know for damn sure that Robert Quinn notices that he's gone.

He chased the QB right into Quinn's arms several times last year, he is missed big time right now and when he is back it's going to underscore just how much he matters on the DL. He draws as many doubles as anyone including Quinn and when he is on the other edge the defense is very much upgraded.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He chased the QB right into Quinn's arms several times last year, he is missed big time right now and when he is back it's going to underscore just how much he matters on the DL. He draws as many doubles as anyone including Quinn and when he is on the other edge the defense is very much upgraded.
Ayup. And as underrated as the "QB Pressure" stat is, he was still always among the leaders in it.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Would Long help in aiding the refs to call a few holding calls a game?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ayup. And as underrated as the "QB Pressure" stat is, he was still always among the leaders in it.

that is a massively underrated stat IMO too....... good things come when the quarterback is under duress

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So far it looks like we are missing Tim Walton more.o_O
I'd ask if anyone had Larry Marmie's number, but according to Wikipedia, he is actually still employed. DB assistant coach for the Bucs...

V3

Hall of Fame
Walton's idea of defense was to play the db's 10 yards off the receiver. Drove me nuts. Good to see him gone.
That really hasn't changed much. I'm starting to think it's Fisher telling the DC to do it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just a great Chris Long / 49er moment...
CL'S FINGER.png