How much does Sam play this preseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I agree with others that he will have a lower amount of snaps. Not only did he have a lot of snaps last year because of the new offense. But this year there is a real competition for RB, so I think we'll see more running plays to parcel out who becomes our RB and who gets cut.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
PressureD41 said:
I think it will be more. As the weapons are either new or really young. So you will want to play them more to get some form of chemistry. It's not like the group gone through a bunch of years together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is what I'm thinking. Not sure whether it will be more or less but I think the coaches will want to see some chemistry forming in the pre-season and maybe if they see that forming, they will pull the starters. If not, I think it is entirely possible that we see more of Sam than last year. I get the feeling this team and staff think they have a real legitimate shot at the division and more THIS season and are going to go after it.

iced

DR RAM said:
Seems to me that last year, a couple of assholes were running corner blitzes in the first couple series against us in the preseason. That's chicken shyte football, and I hope that it doesn't happen again.

wow... i find myself actually disagreeing with you on something.

I'm okay with blitzing and doing whatever on defense - gotta practice it to learn it, CB blitz could have been a big part of their scheme. I don't want to watch a boring/vanilla game - we get that already, it's called the pro bowl.

More importantly I want the QB to be able to recognize when a blitz is coming, knowing the hot's and such. Helps the young receivers too.

I say throw it all at us - it'll only help give our young guys some experience.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
DR RAM said:
Seems to me that last year, a couple of assholes were running corner blitzes in the first couple series against us in the preseason. That's chicken shyte football, and I hope that it doesn't happen again.

I'm okay with blitzing and doing whatever on defense - gotta practice it to learn it, CB blitz could have been a big part of their scheme. I don't want to watch a boring/vanilla game - we get that already, it's called the pro bowl.

More importantly I want the QB to be able to recognize when a blitz is coming, knowing the hot's and such. Helps the young receivers too.

Then, we totally disagree on this. To me, a blindside CB blitz directed towards a teams starting QB in a preseason game is total bullshit. In a regular game, I have absolutely no problem with it.

What is there to practice for a defense on a blindside CB blitz? Nothing.

Trust me, our team practices for that on offense, and I don't have a problem with any other blitz packages during any game.

iced

DR RAM said:
iced said:
DR RAM said:

Then, we totally disagree on this. To me, a blindside CB blitz directed towards a teams starting QB in a preseason game is total BS. In a regular game, I have absolutely no problem with it.

Trust me, our team practices for that on offense, and I don't have a problem with any other blitz packages during any game.

depending on the pass protection and if the qb reads it... but more importantly, that type of play could be good practice for a running back pass blocking

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
DR RAM said:
iced said:
DR RAM said:

Then, we totally disagree on this. To me, a blindside CB blitz directed towards a teams starting QB in a preseason game is total BS. In a regular game, I have absolutely no problem with it.

depending on the pass protection and if the qb reads it... but more importantly, that type of play could be good practice for a running back pass blocking

There might not be a RB back there, but that is splitting hairs.

It's OK to disagree. I'd hate to lose, or be the cause of an opponent losing their QB in preseason on a play like that. Preseason is to get you ready for the regular season, not to try to take out players.

I agree, the Pro Bowl is ridiculous.

iced

DR RAM said:
There might not be a RB back there, but that is splitting hairs.

It's OK to disagree. I'd hate to lose, or be the cause of an opponent losing their QB in preseason on a play like that. Preseason is to get you ready for the regular season, not to try to take out players.

I agree, the Pro Bowl is ridiculous.

I understand what you're saying - I just think that if it's something they're really going to see and should be prepared for, i'm okay with it. Not just for the 1's, but also for the guys that are battling for the roster spot.

For example, the battle of the backs - this could exactly be the kind of play that determines who can pass block and who can't... if you can't block a corner then picking up a linebacker would really worry me

A55VA6

Legend
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/364933301040979970[/tweet]

F. Mulder

Starter
I really think you are just going to see a balance of Sam handing the ball of and throwing quick developing plays; especially slants/bubble screens to guys like Austin and maybe a few 5-7 step plant and throw deep plays. No way do I expect to see him throwing long developing plays at this point. I also expect a lot of throws on first down.