How much does Sam play this preseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
What do you think?

Last year it seemed to me that Sam played quite a bit for a QB whose spot was set in stone. Needing to adjust to a brand new offense with the little practice time the league gives teams now adays was obviously Fishers reason for playing Sam a little more than other starting QBs (who weren't rookies). Im curious how much Fisher will play Sam this preseason.....Sam obviously has a better grasp for the scheme then he ever has, probably better than any other player on the team; but then again we do have some new targets that will be getting a lot of playing time this season, such as Tavon Austin and Jared Cook. Will Fisher think more time is needed for them to jell in game situations? Hmmm curious

Last preseason Sam ended up having 51 pass attempts. Curious if that number will be over or under this preseason. Personally I would rather have it lower, more in the 30s.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lower, I think last year it was also to get more comfortable in the offense as well, but he should be more relaxed this year.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I think lower as well due to being in the same system for 2 years, thus not needing as much snaps to get plays down.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He should play just enough to shake the rust off.

So, not much.

iced

i expect quick and pead to get quite a lot of time..

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm not sure on this, nor do I have a link but I thought I recalled Fisher saying Bradford would get more time in preseason this year, maybe I am just crazy but for some reason it sounds familiar.

A55VA6

Legend
I think start off with a series or 2, and keep upping that with each game. You still gotta get him out there in game situations and play.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think it will be more. As the weapons are either new or really young. So you will want to play them more to get some form of chemistry. It's not like the group gone through a bunch of years together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You can't leave him out there without the first string OL. And you can't leave him out there when opposing defenses are playing desperate guys trying to make the team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. This thread reminds me of the old game show "Card Sharks."
"Last year Bradford threw 51 passes. How many will he throw THIS year?"

IPHSOam.jpg

Contestant A: "I'm gonna say that number will be MUCH higher (give lengthy rationale here), so I'll say 73."
Contestant B: "I don't think he'll throw that many (give lengthy rationale here), so I'll say that number will be lower."

eDk1MHhkMTI=_o_card-sharks---first-show-with-the-doublespush-rule-part-.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting question.

I'll say slightly less... but barely... I expect close to the same.

Speeps

Starter
We all know how Fisher's philosophy is.

Game 1: He gets 4 passes - 1 series
Game 2: Bump it up to about 7 - 2 series
Game 3: I say about 10 - 4 series
Game 4: We'll see about: 15 - entire half and beginning into the 3rd.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Seems to me that last year, a couple of assholes were running corner blitzes in the first couple series against us in the preseason. That's chicken shit football, and I hope that it doesn't happen again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:
We all know how Fisher's philosophy is.

Game 1: He gets 4 passes - 1 series
Game 2: Bump it up to about 7 - 2 series
Game 3: I say about 10 - 4 series
Game 4: We'll see about: 15 - entire half and beginning into the 3rd.

That's 36 by my math. Nice attempt at breaking down the projection.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd want to see him play less. But I don't want Clemens throwing suicide passes to Austin over the middle either. So if Sam goes out, we pull most the starters.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think Sam plays a little less than last year and I think Quick, and Pead get a ton of playing time on O while Olgetree and McDonald get a bunch on D. Those guys could be key to this teams success so you need the ready by week one.

So I think they get the Brockers treatment.

lockdnram21

Legend
The question is how much will tavon play. I know hes a rookieand needs reps but we dont want teams to get a lot of tape on him to prepare with.

A55VA6

Legend
It bums me out when the starters barely play.. but this year i feel like the backups / undrafted rookies are just so interesting. It'll be alot of fun watching these guys try and make the team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IDK about Bradford,but i think Quick and Pead need to see alot of action on offense.

On D i would hope that TJMac and Tree get solid reps too. We're going to be counting on these rooks week 1.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Im not at all concerned about this since Fisher and his staff will get it set. I am excited to him however...