How Many Wrs In This Draft Are Potentially Better Than Rams Wrs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Tavon aside, cause I consider him more of an all purpose weapon and not a pure WR, I'm thinking there are at least 8 WRs better than Givens, Pettis, Bailey, and Quick.

Waktins
Evans
Lee
Benjamin
Robinson
Beckham
Cooks
Matthews

Every time I do one of those mock drafts I see a great WR prospects on the board right up to and including our 2nd round pick. Makes me think twice about taking Watkins with our first pick even in a trade down.

I think it may be better to get Matthews or Robinson with the first pick and then a WR with the next pick or the one after that.

PhxRam

Tavon aside, cause I consider him more of an all purpose weapon and not a pure WR, I'm thinking there are at least 8 WRs better than Givens, Pettis, Bailey, and Quick.

Waktins
Evans
Lee
Benjamin
Robinson
Beckham
Cooks
Matthews

Every time I do one of those mock drafts I see a great WR prospects on the board right up to and including our 2nd round pick. Makes me think twice about taking Watkins with our first pick even in a trade down.

I think it may be better to get Matthews or Robinson with the first pick and then a WR with the next pick or the one after that.

I am curious how you have already made your assessment of Bailey?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am curious how you have already made your assessment of Bailey?

I'm just looking at his ceiling. He's 5'10" and not all that fast. I really like him, but he was a 3rd round pick for a reason. He's a tough little guy, but he's physically limited. The guys I listed could all go in the first round or second round.

PhxRam

I'm just looking at his ceiling. He's 5'10" and not all that fast. I really like him, but he was a 3rd round pick for a reason. He's a tough little guy, but he's physically limited. The guys I listed could all go in the first round or second round.

How have you measured his ceiling all ready?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want Waktins, period. And Bailey might end up being good, we'll see.

As much as I feel the OL is a greater need; when do we expect to be at the top of the draft to grab a guy like Watkins?

I might trade down, but Sammy remains in my crosshairs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think too much is made of measurables. He's literally 2 inches shorter than Isaac Bruce and just as "slow."

Two inches.

kpwufdA.png

PhxRam

I think too much is made of measurables. He's literally 2 inches shorter than Isaac Bruce and just as "slow."

Two inches.

kpwufdA.png

And quite honestly I dont ever recall Bruce having to use his "height" to his advantage.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Two inches.

kpwufdA.png

Yeah, now Bailey is Isaac Bruce. Here we go.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You can't edit titles here? Why is that?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, now Bailey is Isaac Bruce. Here we go.
Why do you do that, max? Did I say Bailey is Isaac Bruce? Clearly I'm saying lack of ideal height and speed aren't a detriment to a receiver's career.

iced

I think Watkins and Evans are hands down the best receivers in the draft..but I don't think Evans is an option, because time and time again whenever snead has been asked about a prospect similar to Evans he always quipped with "We already have a Tall receiver." (quick)

who knows for sure though.. but i got a feeling watkins is on his board (I probably have to say this is pure speculation before i have people questioning my magic 8 ball skills)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Why do you do that, max? Did I say Bailey is Isaac Bruce? Clearly I'm saying lack of ideal height and speed aren't a detriment to a receiver's career.

I was just trying to make a point that this draft was so deep in WRs that we could get one that is probably better than almost anyone on our team now. Then I'm getting the 3rd degree on Bailey. And then you pile on. How about thinking about that.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram asking THE question:
As much as I feel the OL is a greater need; when do we expect to be at the top of the draft to grab a guy like Watkins?

I'd use Oaklands 1st round pick in 2015 they traded us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And quite honestly I dont ever recall Bruce having to use his "height" to his advantage.
I'll go one further by saying Bailey has more of a catching radius. And I can quantify that by saying his arm length is 32 3/4.
Compare that to someone like Cordarrelle Patterson, whose arm length is an inch shorter.

PhxRam

I was just trying to make a point that this draft was so deep in WRs that we could get one that is probably better than almost anyone on our team now. Then I'm getting the 3rd degree on Bailey. And then you pile on. How about thinking about that.

Okay.. I wont question you again. Apparently asking how you arrived at a players full potential after seeing him in a handful of plays, is asking too much.

My apologies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I disagree. While you can make educated guesses at players' "ceilings", it's far from definitive. Who would have thunk that a 6'2" WR with 4.59 speed would be BY FAR the greatest WR to ever play the game? Just saying.

Bailey showed ability this year...hopefully...he continues to improve. We might just have something. Maybe he isn't a #1 but I think he has the ability to be a good #2.