How many touches per game does Gurley get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Howbout 24 carries/gm and more importantly....24 points/gm as a team.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting question. Gurley was averaging just over 19 carries per game last year. Add in Austin, Cunningham & Brown, that was a little over 4 more carries per game combined. So, ... roughly 23.5 carries per game total. On the other hand, you take a team like Buffalo who relied a little too heavily on the rush while averaging over 30 carries per game, and they have a good rush average, maybe a better balance would suffice. They didn't have much of a passing attack either.
With Dunbar taking all of Cunningham's carries and probably also cutting into some of Austin's, i'm going to suggest an average of 27 rushes per game for the Rams in 2017, with Gurley averaging 22 and the Dunbar/Austin combo adding another 5. When our run game becomes more successful behind a much improved OL, the trickle down theory should allow our QB & receivers to connect at a percentage we haven't seen in awhile. Of course, we remain depth shy at C, TE & WR, so this story is yet to unfold. jmo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last year the Rams averaged right at 60 plays per game the Saints were a league high 69. I'm hopeful they can be a league average 64 in 2017 with Goff throwing 35 times a game (Cousin's average the last 2 years) that still leaves plenty of rushing attempts for Gurley to do some 4Q damage. Like others have suggested I think he needs to wear down a defense, averaging 5 carries per quarter isn't asking too much for this guy throw in 2 catches per quarter and this team should be rolling.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Holy crap guys - are you trying to kill him by the 4th quarter of every game? I'll say stick him around the 17.5 mark - I just hope he makes around 5yds per touch and at least 12 20+yd and 3 40+yd gains in regular season