How many touches per game does Gurley get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kelly got 168 good for 704 yards and 6 TDs to lead the skins last year. Personally I'd like to see Gurley getting 22-25 per game as a minimum but is that in the plans with this new offense? Last year Gurley was out of the game far too often on 3rd downs for my liking and with the way the skins ran this last year as well as bringing Dunbar in for a look makes me wonder.

I want to see Le'Veon Bell numbers not Rob Kelly out of our RB

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Kelly got 168 good for 704 yards and 6 TDs to lead the skins last year. Personally I'd like to see Gurley getting 22-25 per game as a minimum but is that in the plans with this new offense? Last year Gurley was out of the game far too often on 3rd downs for my liking and with the way the skins ran this last year as well as bringing Dunbar in for a look makes me wonder.

I want to see Le'Veon Bell numbers not Rob Kelly out of our RB
Matt Jones was their lead back until week 6/7. He had about 100 carries in that role before Kelley took over in week 8.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I am sure Gurley will get plenty of touches.
I do think there will be more receiving opportunities
for him next year.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
McVay is smart. He won't waste Gurleys talent. Anything less then 300 touches on the year would be a poor decision.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I'm sure he molds the offense for Todd and Tavon, I can see Todd definitely touching the ball 20 to 30 times every game, alot more receptions

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have to expand our total possessions....Lets shoot for 30 touches per game, and 500 passing yards from Goff & Co. :rockon:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm sure he molds the offense for Todd and Tavon, I can see Todd definitely touching the ball 20 to 30 times every game, alot more receptions

He uses TE's a lot too and likes to spread it around and so 30 might be a bit high but 20-25 you can bet on.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Too many variables between now and then plus Todds learning of the new system and then its pass recieving part of it just as comfortably. Once we see our OL come together and do what they could'nt last season , we will see a REAL OFFENSE finally in Horns show up on an NFL field. You know full well a healthy Todd GurleyII will be used very closely as a Leveon Bell is used in Pittsburgh. Why not? Strap yourself in and just get your popcorn ready once McVay can achieve what he is now Concieving with the longtime underachieving fisher regime.

We've been in the very DARK for so long under a HC with no idea how to run a modern day NFL offense. It's gonna take a year on both sides of the ball to grasp McVays and Phillips' visions. I just pray good health allows Goff all the time to mature and have enough weapons and targets who will actually catch and hold the ball. Mixed with a real running game & recievers running exact routes and a motivated defense for 4 quarters with discipline not to lose it's cool and blaming things on youth and inexperience, its gonna be such a different game to critique as we should be focusing on positives as we progress in this GREAT JOURNEY. Finally being a Longsuffering RAMS fan will start having a very happy payoff as we grow into our schemes and these coaches will not be easily pigeon holed on Offense or Defense. Giving Jared Goff the BEST chance to grow and succeed and not be limited as most rookie qb's are in the NFL.

Just hope for good health for all our guys. Our SuperBowl Championship year was a Great year we had with the health of the team. Not even saying we are even close to a SB. I see the cheatriots if they can keep brady healthy at 40 possibly heading to break the dolphins perfect record of an unbeaten season. With the additions the patriots have in free agency and players gladly resigning with them knowing they have the best chance for another SB title has already had a fantastic FA'cy and they just keep getting better on defense as they were number 1 last season. I see no challenge to them next season , even though they had a miracle come from behind win against the falcons. We will see. The pats have an interesting schedule as they will probably open at home with the Falcons this next season. I'm more interested in watching the RAMS finally grow into the team that once put together will challenge them.

Good health as a team is my biggest wish as I see we are in Great hands.:yess:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We will probably see a lot more passing plays but an improvement in the production per run. It might not be an easy transition from a middle school offense to an NFL offense.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I say 15-20 a game. He will finally have an offensive line that will allow him to run to end zone majority of the time. He will be gassed by 4th Qtr.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, something around 16-26 times a game should do it...it depends on the situation...team...

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
20-24 touches a game. I break it down to 20 carries and 4 catches a game. Could be a little less if they like Dunbar a lot.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect 23 on average. Depending on the opposing team's defense, we'll alternate between mostly handoffs and mostly HB pass attempts. I have more faith in McVay installing an offense that will find balance between catering to our players' strengths and opponents' weaknesses.

Ram65

Legend
I didn't have time to see other averages around the league. I don't see McVay burning Todd out. 18 to 23 sounds right depending on lead.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
McVay is smart. He won't waste Gurleys talent. Anything less then 300 touches on the year would be a poor decision.
I'm guessing he get's about 400 Total Touches ( Rushing & Rec.) in 2017. That's an average of 25 Touches per game! Sounds reasonable to me!(y):D

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Some games he'll have 25-30 touches. Others he'll have 10-15. Overall I'd like to see 250 carries and 50 receptions. He should be good for at least 1600 all purpose yards. More importantly, I'd like to see him get in the endzone 15 times in combined carries and receptions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
25, to include him being in the pattern on some pass plays as well. Guys like him are going to wear down defenses and get better as the defense gets tired. Get the ball to him early and late, and make sure he's catching some passes to include things like screens.

bnw

Pro Bowler
If last season is any indication Gurley will get touched a lot. Hopefully not as much behind the line of scrimmage. Its not like he's a place kicker or a punter......but he can always ask Hekker how to cower and flee if necessary.

View: https://youtu.be/cxEFDA1Aa8o

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Twenty-five touches sounds about right, but it depends on the game and team they're facing.