How many sacks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many sacks will Rams get this year?

• 20-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-50

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 50-60

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • 60-70

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Break the record with 73 or more

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
How many sacks do you think the Rams will have this year?
I think a healthy Quinn playing 16 games will net 17, and AD will get 12. The nice surprise will be Coples and Easley, who get a combined 15 in rotational duty.
I say they get 61.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TlK63EM6GhqSvsD3yRa.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I say that we break the record. Why not shoot for the moon?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
If Quinn is healthy how do you scheme for both him and Donald? There aren't many players that can handle either guy one on one when they are on their game. We should be near the top of the league per usual.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Some patience may be required with Quinn. I believe the concerns are overblown and he'll be ready to go by week 1. At the same time it wasn't minor surgery and it'll take some time to get back to the standard we're used to.

Quinn and Donald for 10 each, 45 or so team sacks sounds right. I don't think Hayes is Long's equal as a pass rusher and Coples/Easley are both career underachievers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some patience may be required with Quinn. I believe the concerns are overblown and he'll be ready to go by week 1. At the same time it wasn't minor surgery and it'll take some time to get back to the standard we're used to.

Quinn and Donald for 10 each, 45 or so team sacks sounds right. I don't think Hayes is Long's equal as a pass rusher and Coples/Easley are both career underachievers.
Well, the 2015 version of Chris Long wasn't as good as Hayes..maybe the 2012 version of Long would be better than him.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Well if you do the math, 73 sacks equals about 4.5 per game. That means realistically, you have to have at least 3-4 guys at the 10 sack mark. If we were to break the record I believe our sack totals would look like this:
Quinn- 18
Donald- 13
Hayes- 9.5
Brockers- 7
Barron- 6.5
Ayers- 5.5
Sims- 5
Joyner-4
Mcdonald- 3.5

Just an estimate. I think Ogletree and some other back up Dlinemen would chime in as well. But we would need a couple 10 sack games to keep pace. Because 5 per game is really tough.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm betting Fisher gets 5.5 sacks out of this guy.
8141271.jpg

tempests

Hall of Fame
Well, the 2015 version of Chris Long wasn't as good as Hayes..maybe the 2012 version of Long would be better than him.

As Long fell off our sack totals fell off as well.

2012: 52 sacks
2013: 53 sacks
2014: 40 sacks
2015: 41 sacks

Long/Hayes combined for 32 sacks in 2012-13 but only 13.5 the last two seasons. Draw your own conclusions.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well if you do the math, 73 sacks equals about 4.5 per game. That means realistically, you have to have at least 3-4 guys at the 10 sack mark. If we were to break the record I believe our sack totals would look like this:
Quinn- 18
Donald- 13
Hayes- 9.5
Brockers- 7
Barron- 6.5
Ayers- 5.5
Sims- 5
Joyner-4
Mcdonald- 3.5

Just an estimate. I think Ogletree and some other back up Dlinemen would chime in as well. But we would need a couple 10 sack games to keep pace. Because 5 per game is really tough.
This ^ Sounds reasonable to me!!(y)(y):mrburnsevil:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
50-60

But we need the offense to put up points.

If we can put the other team in desperate passing situations, this defense gets to be aggressive and will generate more sacks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
50-60

But we need the offense to put up points.

If we can put the other team in desperate passing situations, this defense gets to be aggressive and will generate more sacks.
That's where I'm at and it may be a little homerish but it's achievable with decent Offense supporting the D.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As Long fell off our sack totals fell off as well.

2012: 52 sacks
2013: 53 sacks
2014: 40 sacks
2015: 41 sacks

Long/Hayes combined for 32 sacks in 2012-13 but only 13.5 the last two seasons. Draw your own conclusions.

Tells me a lot will depend on who wins that LDE rotational spot behind Hayes on the depth chart. Also depends on our own offense getting and maintaining leads so that opposition offenses are forced into more passing situations. Easley > Fairley in passing downs & having Quinn back is going to create many more double team situations when Hayes, Donald, Easley & Quinn are all on the line together. Former hurries will now translate into more sacks as there is so much speed out there that someone will be driving someone else into another's arms pretty regularly imo. Ogletree should also have a bigger impact than Laurinaitis had in coverage. We will still be up against some good QB's who know how to read defenses and get the ball off quickly, so our young DBacks will need to develop coverage skills quickly to help out our front 7.

More than 50 sacks, probably a few short of 60. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on how the offense comes out and scores points. If they're successful and force some opponents to play from behind I could see 60+.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Tough to say since Quinn is a question mark, the secondary is reshaped, and our DL depth was largely replaced. It shouldn't be too far off from last year though so I'm saying 48 in anticipation of the inevitable injuries.