How long will Mcvay be our Coach?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will Mcvay Coach the Rams?

• Total voters

fearsomefour

Legend
What do these men have in common? Consistent success. And that's been done through successful drafting (even in lower rounds) and smart free agent acquisitions.

I know it seems like this immediate success could go on for a while, but there are many imponderables that can rise up as very difficult challenges:
1] Money
Remember how difficult it was to retain as many of the Super Bowl players as possible? Extreme juggling act with difficult negotiations. Demoff is good... this will put him to the test!
That's where NE excels. They jettison players before they can break the bank (for draft picks!)... and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - figure out how to replace them with little to no drop-off. This is done either through drafts or free agency but no one holds them up for ransom. Even Wunderboy Brady has been agreeable to contracts that keep the success alive. But, you have to have had enough success that players who could break the bank are willing to take home team discounts.
That's a lot to manage!!

2] Depth
The Rams have been remarkably fortunate this year on the injury front. That's not likely to continue - simple law of averages. We got a glimpse of how our second and third stringers play last week. Need depth.
I know I keep bringing NE up, but they are the model. One goes down, the replacement comes in and performs at nearly the same level. This may also tie in with the ability to let a bank breaker go... depth.

IF they can continue to build a roster with solid draft picks and free agents and be in a position to let bank breakers go without severe drop-off, then you have a model that will guarantee success because McVay is clearly a smart, good coach. He was smart enough to go get Phillips and, when he (Phillips) retires, they should be able to get a top notch DC if they are successful.

So...
1] Build a quality roster, top to bottom
2] Manage the cap (don't let anyone hold you hostage)
3] Fill in gaps in the coaching staff with top notch coaches

Do that and they will remain successful... not at all easy! BUT, I do believe McVay will stay as long as he has this type of support from the owner on down... and, if he does? Winning continues and he stays for as long as he wants.
Yes... like NE.

Funny... when you are successful, you generally stay where you are. :sneaky:

Yup... and I'll go you one better... one game at a time... next up? ATL!!

OK, I'm using this post to sneak another pic of the GF... think he'd like to try having kids with her?
Sean-McVays-Girlfriend-Veronika-Khomyn-Facebook.jpg

Sean_McVay_girlfriend_Veronika_Khomyn_image-3.jpg
HOF QBs don't hurt either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well before you know it he'll get his drivers license, and then turn legal drinking age.
After that, it's anyone's guess

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want McVay to be our coach for the rest of his natural life. Then - with new technology - transfer his coaching brilliance to his children and hire them as the new coach.

Rinse and repeat.

JackStraw

Rookie
The only big negative from McVay's 1st draft was the top selection Gerald Everett.
Buddy relax, a beast rookie TE is an oxymoron

Someone has to replace Sammy's 2 yd TD catches

I think McVay is here 15-17 years, retires/TV 2-3 years then returns and turns around another program and takes them on a 10+ year ride

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
10 years from now McVay will be what, like 41. When the man speaks, football intelligence spews from his mouth and with experience it’s only going to get better. With some good drafts and ownership behind him I see him with a minimum of 10 years of being the RAMS head coach with hopefully a few rings sprinkled in along the way. So, unless of some unforeseen circumstances he’s the guy here in LA for a long time IMO.

You currently have Belichick (17), Lewis (14), McCarthy (11), Payton (11), Tomlin (10) with 10+ years of head coaching experience. What do 5 of 6 of these guys have in common? Yes, a Super Bowl ring. Let’s hope McVay gets that out of the way real soon.

3EA5C693-7747-40C0-A966-7BAAC9521426.gif

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Mcvay will get credit for buiding this dynasty . Hopefully he stays with us forever !

Marvin Lewis has been with Bengals for what 15 years ??

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That draft looks super at this point.
I do expect Everett, Smart and Ebukam to continue to develop and improve.
Less optimism for Rogers but who knows?
Wade did get a four defensive rookies in this last draft..I would hope that Wade is given many more in this upcoming draft. ER Ebukam role is sure to increase in 2018, playing behind Conner Barwin this season was a great benefit. DT Smart who started the season @ NT then moved in behind Smart when Westbrooks beat him out of his starting post. Smart is a high valued reserve at all 3 DL posts. I beleive FB Rogers will stick too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Buddy relax, a beast rookie TE is an oxymoron

Someone has to replace Sammy's 2 yd TD catches

I think McVay is here 15-17 years, retires/TV 2-3 years then returns and turns around another program and takes them on a 10+ year ride
While taking your advice;) I found this article....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751177-nfl-rookies-poised-for-breakout-sophomore-seasons-in-2018

Gerald Everett, TE, Los Angeles Rams

1. 27dd440837edd8fbfca58f844d5b3d17_crop_exact.jpg

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press
    The Los Angeles Rams are flying high on offense with Sean McVay calling the plays and Jared Goff as the unit's triggerman. The group is also loaded with skill-position talent.

Although, one position remained underutilized. Tyler Higbee started all 16 games at tight end after the organization used its highest pick in the 2017 draft to select Gerald Everett. Higbee finished fifth on the squad with 25 receptions, while Everett managed 16.

Both can be on the field and add something different to the NFL's top-ranked scoring offense. Higbee is more of an in-line option, because he's bigger and more physical. Everett, meanwhile, has the potential to turn into McVay's Los Angeles version of Jordan Reed.

"Me and Tyler, we want to be that two-headed monster," Everett said this past summer, per ESPN.com's Alden Gonzalez. "... Just be a pick-your-poison type of deal and be an every-down tight end. Whoever gets plugged in, we know they're going to make plays."

Everett needed time to develop this season. He made mistakes, dropped passes and had to work on his blocking.

After early struggles, McVay should expand Everett's role next season to take full advantage of the tight end's athleticism. The 6'3", 245-pound target with 4.62 40-yard-dash speed is an instant mismatch lining up at numerous spots. His maturation should make the Rams offensive scheme even more deadly.