How long to hold a football grudge?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You don't need to explain yourself. Your a Ram fan! I love when others challenge your/anyone's fandom. Like there way is the only way lol. You should not feel like you have to explain yourself.

Well if someone that's barely been here on this board judges me on my Rams loyalty, I'm not gonna stand for it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't had that yet. I know what I will be looking for tonight on the way home from work though!
It's not always easy to find on shelves, but Walpole Wine and Spirits tends to get it in fairly regularly, as does Sam's Fine Wines (also in Walpole). Both are on 1A.

After I move out of Norwood, I'm gonna have to find new liquor stores... can't always go to Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well if someone that's barely been here on this board judges me on my Rams loyalty, I'm not gonna stand for it.
There's a certain fandom mentality that dictates you cannot be a fan of a team unless you dislike all other teams. I can kinda get it... but I don't agree with it. Fandom is not dictated by who you hate, but who you love.

RAMBUSH

Starter
You know what, my reaction was heartbreak, because once again they were both my teams. I don't want to see a guy hurt. That is disgusting. I was hoping for a highly competitive matchup.

BTW, you don't know crap about me. I've been following the Rams since I was 10. I've defended guys like Marc Bulger, Pat Shurmer, Sam Bradford, and hell even Tye Hill at one point. Don't you or anyone else ever question my loyalty to the Rams just because I happen to like another team.

Oh do you know what I was doing in 2008 when the Steelers were making their Super Bowl run? Watching NFL.com's gamecenter bars move with the winless Rams. Alone, in my dorm room. I've been with teh Rams for over 15 years now and I sure as hell not gonna change.
Were you happy when the steelers got the battering ram ? Pathetic !

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's a certain fandom mentality that dictates you cannot be a fan of a team unless you dislike all other teams. I can kinda get it... but I don't agree with it. Fandom is not dictated by who you hate, but who you love.

My only thing is not to bandwagon. If you like a single team or 2 teams, just make sure you don't abandon them the second things go south.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
My only thing is not to bandwagon. If you like a single team or 2 teams, just make sure you don't abandon them the second things go south.
Totally fair. I tend to be very regional with my teams. Being from St Louis, I'm a Rams fan so long as they're my hometown team. Living in Boston for a decade has softened me towards the Pats, and I enjoy being able to share live local pro football with my nephew.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm not the kind of guy who hates certain teams. Never saw the point in that unless they did something deserving of hate. And a team that has done that is the Pats. I can see why people do hate them. They are the only team I actively root for them to lose every game. I don't mind that anyone would want to support them as a team they'll root for as a secondary team. But why anyone would want to do that when Kraft, Belichik and Brady are still there is beyond me. When those guys are gone then I'll not wish ill will on that team. I was at Hanscom for about two years and being around the fans made me want them to lose more.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Could never get on the multi-team wagon. Probably just because I couldn't fathom dedicating the amount of time I spend reading/watching/RODing about the Rams for a second team. That shit takes dedication. I hear a lot of KFAN from Minneapolis, but I get nauseous when they start fawning over the Vikings/Twins/Wild. I used to stream 101Sports, but they won't let me connect to the work WiFi anymore.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
This reminds me of those NFL shop commercials where they are buying a baby both division rival jerseys. Let's just say I wouldn't have got to that point... not dating a Seahawks or Pats fan. I'm also on the train of thinking where you can only have one favorite team. It just boggles my mind elsewise.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Absolutely will NEVER cheer for the patsies. As a Rams fan, the thought disgusts me honestly. If the patsies had just beat the Rams, I would not have the ire. But NO ONE will convince me that the NFL destroyed evidence that was meaningless and that Martz was wrong when he said it was like the patsies had our playbook. They cheated us out of a SB that they "won" by three freaking points. That I can never forgive and will always wish ill will on that organization.

Well done...I now LIKE your micro brewery...Please mail me a stein of whatever dark is favored (if there is one)...Thanks in advance...(And will this get me a get out of jail free card for my next over the line bitchfest) ??? Again, thanks in advance...

RAMBUSH

Starter
You know what is pathetic? Your sorry attempt to phase me.
I don't want to phase you ! You make me want to throw up ! For christs sake , must be easy to have the steelers and the pats as a second favorite team . We can't get a first down ! Yet you and the pats guy got lots of Lombardi trophies to lean back on from your second favorite teams ! Pathetic really , I mean it !

RAMBUSH

Starter
Not to bandwagon !!! Now that's funny , your second favorite team sure ain't the Browns or the lions ! Ha Ha ! Yea , you and patsy fan would never bandwagon . No way ! Ha Ha Ha Ha .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hey @Angry Ram and @Unclear my - please stop attacking each other before things escalate further.
As far as grudges go - the :double:49ers and Patriots :mad: are at the top of my list. The :shooting:patriots are currently in the lead because the 49ers have become pathetic :snicker:. I root for any team that is playing against one of our NFC West opponents, other than the :wabbit:patriots of course.

Having a second favorite team? I don't get that. :huh: In fact it never occurred to me before. I suppose a man can love his wife and love another woman at the same time but that would get confusing. :notsure: "You can't watch your wife and your outside woman too." :rockon:

But hey, if some of you roll that way, who are we to judge? :grouphug:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ig4IJgRjGU

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Short answer is a LIFETIME.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as Faulk and Warner can hold a grudge, then I can as well.

Wait, who are we kidding, I will never like that Pasties..or Patsies or whatever. They robbed the Rams of a dynasty and now all we get to hear is how great Brady is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey @Angry Ram and @Unclear my - please stop attacking each other before things escalate further.
I will second this but I will add that @Unclear my needs to step back. Attack another member here and I will boot you immediately. Angry has been here since pretty much the beginning of this board and I am not going to allow you to go after him because you have a different view of what being a fan means. If you can engage respectfully, that is fine. We don't moderate disagreement. Disrespect for a fellow member however, is not tolerated.