How long can the referees keep it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
At the rate the officials are throwing flags someone is gonna need shoulder surgery and maybe a Tommy John or 2. It is dragging the games out forever. It seems everytime a team that the officials like, gets stopped on 3rd down here comes a flag. Only watched the first series of seattle game and the officials made it clear seattle would score everytime they get the ball unless they turn it over and the officials cant come up with some way to save them.

I hope the Rams arent targeted by the officials just to give sf and seattle an easier path to playoffs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it's fine, they are getting the players use to the new way of doing biz. Better now than the first few weeks of the real season IMO.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
At the rate the officials are throwing flags someone is gonna need shoulder surgery and maybe a Tommy John or 2. It is dragging the games out forever. It seems everytime a team that the officials like, gets stopped on 3rd down here comes a flag. Only watched the first series of seattle game and the officials made it clear seattle would score everytime they get the ball unless they turn it over and the officials cant come up with some way to save them.

I hope the Rams arent targeted by the officials just to give sf and seattle an easier path to playoffs.
Don't worry, when the regular season starts they'll just go back to doing that only for the 9ers. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...ina-shot-nfc-championship-000842001--nfl.html

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Dude it's RIDICULOUS. I've watched four or five complete games so far and it's flag city. Preseason can be tough to watch as it is with the sloppy play, but it's nearly unwatchable this year with the DB's getting flagged every time they are involved in defending a WR.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's going to suck. More flags more delays and more excuses.
The team that will benefit will be NE.
The refs gave them the game vs Cleveland last year....or gave them opportunities they didnt deserve.
That was the first time I really thought while watching a game, "this is fixed".

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Am I the only one here that's Tired of watching 'Penalties' instead of Football!!!? Maybe I'll just stop watching the Game and just read about it on the Net! that way I can skip all the Penalty BS!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Am I the only one here that's Tired of watching 'Penalties' instead of Football!!!? Maybe I'll just stop watching the Game and just read about it on the Net! that way I can skip all the Penalty BS!
No, you're not the only one. I often think the game has morphed into a job evaluation of referees and umps with a football game being played on the side.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought just the Rams had penalties?
They have their fair share.

Penalty-Count.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
On the bright side the Rams have a leg up on the rest of the league!

With corners being neutered the D-Line and pass rush will be more important than ever.

A55VA6

Legend
With the way these flags are going, Janoris may as well just not play this year. They'll flag him 10+ times a game alone.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
With the way these flags are going, Janoris may as well just not play this year. They'll flag him 10+ times a game alone.

Nah three max,then they'll give up,Seattle played that game last year,keep doing it they'll quit,I swear that happened,

SierraRam

Recreational User
Seattle 2nd, SF 7th?? Never would have guessed that! NE 28th: Yup

It looks like there's a South Eastern Bias ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
No, you're not the only one. I often think the game has morphed into a job evaluation of referees and umps with a football game being played on the side.
I went to an officials convention and a football game broke out.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I have to disagree with popular opinion here. What about the actions of the players? Why are we getting mad at the Ref's? ....for doing their job?
The players actions are what is extending the game and creating the delays ; they are breaking the rules o the game. Let's hold the players accountable.

When the Rams lost to the Patriots in the Superbowl, I think most everyone grew a strong hatred of the Pqtriots for cheating. However, I got mad at the officials and the league for turning the other way.

So, if I understand the group opinion correctly, people are fine with the Seahawks secondary holding Ram receivers in a regular season game due to the expediency of the game??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So, if I understand the group opinion correctly, people are fine with the Seahawks secondary holding Ram receivers in a regular season game due to the expediency of the game??
If you can find one person who holds that opinion on this board, you can have all of my ROD$$$

I think the issue is the fact that refs are looking for minor infractions more diligently. Incidental hands to the face, touching a receiver beyond 5 yards and a half-mile away from the play, stuff like that.