How is this for great defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
All I've been hearing this week is how great Belichick's defense is, especially when he has two weeks to prepare for a team. Well, I don't recall but I'm sure we heard the same talk prior to the last two Super Bowls as well. Against the Falcons, Bill's defense gave up 28 points and, last year against the Eagles they gave up 41. That's an average of 34.5 points/game. That doesn't sound that great to me. Maybe it can be argued that when teams have two weeks to prepare for Belichick's defense, they find weak spots they can take advantage of.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Per the media they have the best offense and defense in the world. And the rams don’t stand a chance.

We’ll see.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think most of us were apprehensive with our defense going into the playoffs. They played pretty poorly quite a bit this season. What I kept hoping for was that the overall talent of this defense would rise to the occasion. The cream rising to the top and all that.

Well, it sure looks like they stepped it up in the two games. Shutting down the Cowboys and Saints run game in the process. Run defense was an area where we were pretty bad. Guys like Suh have really raised their level of play in the big games.

I look for it to continue. There is too much talent out there to play like they did during the regular season. I have faith in Wade Phillips. Its not like he hasn't devised a game plan to limit Brady and the offense before.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think that part of the reason that we have shut down the run in the last two games is that Donald isn't pushing so hard to get the sack record. I really believe that. You might disagree but even his DL coach said this week that his best two games of the season have been the last two. I think with him so eager to rush the QB during the regular season, it opened up running lanes for the backs on some occasions. Now that the sack chase is history and he'll probably be awarded the DMVP tonight, he can focus on the one, last prize, the biggest of all.