How High Will Kevin White go in NFL Draft? --Florio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
That would be a perfect fit in Oakland. A throw-back Al Davis style pick. The Raiders are building something, and I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge in the AFC West. Like us, It's been a long time for their fans and they're ready! Kevin White could push it to fruition..

(I've really been enjoying the local Raider resurgence and 49er implosion this off-season! SF fans are so uninformed yet cocky)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Vikings just cut their big 2014 UFA signing WR Greg Jennings & trying to give 2013 first round WR Cordarrelle Patterson away. I bet we see the Vikings who have the 11th pick jump in front of the Rams real fast to secure Amari Cooper ahead of the Rams. Devante Parker is good but he is no Amari Cooper.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The Vikings just cut their big 2014 UFA signing WR Greg Jennings & trying to give 2013 first round WR Cordarrelle Patterson away. I bet we see the Vikings who have the 11th pick jump in front of the Rams real fast to secure Amari Cooper ahead of the Rams. Devante Parker is good but he is no Amari Cooper.

Damn, I didnt event think about that. They could move up easy without giving up much. Lets hope they like Parker a lot...

The team I have been thinking of as a possible trade up move is the Dolphins. Wallace, Gibson and Hartline are all gone, they have less than the Vikings at wr. They might try to move up to grab one of the top 3, or stay put and roll the dice on DGB.

Athos

Legend

I actually think the Vikings would be just as happy with Parker. He's Teddy's former teammate so the chemistry is already there and he's the kind of RZ target that would thrive in that type of O.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I actually think the Vikings would be just as happy with Parker. He's Teddy's former teammate so the chemistry is already there and he's the kind of RZ target that would thrive in that type of O.

How about the scenario (So many different ones!) where both Cooper & White are gone by the time the Rams pick at #10. Would any teams be interested in trading with the Rams to get Parker before the Vikings? I agree with you that I think the Vikings would be very happy with Parker who is probably not too far behind Cooper & White in the WR ratings plus the fact like you mentioned he was the Vikings QB's (Teddy Bridgewater) teammate at Louisville (Can't hurt!). Just a thought! Who knows - The Vikings might trade up one spot with the Rams just to prevent another team of getting Parker?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I doubt that. They released Jennings because they traded for Mike Wallace. If anything, I think they're less likely to trade up because they're likely guaranteed to come away with one of Parker, Cooper, Waynes, or Scherff.

lockdnram21

Legend
@nwagoner: What if I told you that I don't believe either will be available when the Rams pick at No. 10? Talking to scouts and people around the league, my sense is that Kevin White and Amari Cooper are considered top-five players in the draft. That's not to say that guys like him haven't slipped that far down in the past but I tend to think these two won't.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Former Mountaineers WR Kevin White discusses his performance at his pro day, who he patterns his game after and his progression from his junior to his explosive senior year. Includes a few highlights from his pro day.

Watch White Interview After Pro Day

Big Willie

Starter
I want Schreff anyway. Let someone jump up and get Cooper. If that happens, it increases our chances of getting the plug and play guard/tackle. We don't have a #1 receiver, but we have 3 number 2s, a number 1 TE, and Tavon. We can win with that combination. That is not to say I wouldn't love to have White or Cooper......

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think White would be a Great pick by the Raiders, But they have a "D" minded New HC. So IDK!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
@nwagoner: What if I told you that I don't believe either will be available when the Rams pick at No. 10? Talking to scouts and people around the league, my sense is that Kevin White and Amari Cooper are considered top-five players in the draft. That's not to say that guys like him haven't slipped that far down in the past but I tend to think these two won't.

I think its very possible because they are both Top 10 talent. Either scenario is very possible. Chicago is a wild card who could go WR which ultimately would take both off the board.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I doubt that. They released Jennings because they traded for Mike Wallace. If anything, I think they're less likely to trade up because they're likely guaranteed to come away with one of Parker, Cooper, Waynes, or Scherff.

OK jrry32, you & I both know that Cooper is far ...let me say this again far better prospect to those that you inserted with Cooper's name. o_O

I known this young progressive & smart Ram fan for many yrs now that is really pretty darn good in grading NFL prospects even he would have to admit that Cooper name does not fit with those others....I think his username is some kind of a cartoon mouse.:)

Cooper will cause a big stir if he is still on the board after the Giants pick. Most all the best Draft site grades have Cooper #2 in grade level. Most all of them have him in the top 4. Oh by the way Wallace IMO is just an afterthought close to a Brandon Gibson in production.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Just food for thought here. Last week in the post Foles trade interview on NFL network Snead backhandedly seemed to suggest that we watch for the Rams to move UP in the draft this year.

Trying to quote as best as I can from memory he more or less said:

"Year one we moved back. Year two we moved up and back. Year three we stood pat. Watch for a new trend to emerge this year."

I don't know if it's White, Cooper, one of the QB's, or someone else they covet. But he seemed to suggest (to me anyway) that he was willing to go up and get his guy this draft.

Athos

Legend
Well, we don't need to be moving up for D players at all. That'd just be dumb and frustrate me to no end. Only move up is a QB or making sure we get White/Cooper.

It IS okay to admit mistakes on guys like Tavon or being worried about Quick's rebound who is in his last year after all and Britt being signed only 2 years.

I want elite talent this time around to put us over the hump. Plenty of fire power for going o-line in every round after the 1st.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK jrry32, you & I both know that Cooper is far ...let me say this again far better prospect to those that you inserted with Cooper's name. o_O

I known this young progressive & smart Ram fan for many yrs now that is really pretty darn good in grading NFL prospects even he would have to admit that Cooper name does not fit with those others....I think his username is some kind of a cartoon mouse.:)

Cooper will cause a big stir if he is still on the board after the Giants pick. Most all the best Draft site grades have Cooper #2 in grade level. Most all of them have him in the top 4. Oh by the way Wallace IMO is just an afterthought close to a Brandon Gibson in production.

To you and me? Yes. To the Vikings, maybe not. Keep in mind that they may not consider WR a huge need and that Cooper might not fit what they're looking for at WR.

Gotta keep in mind that how you and I rate prospects may not hold true for NFL teams. They all have different schemes and different skill-sets that they're looking for.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams will have offers if White and/or Cooper make it to #10
And that scenario would make it easy for the Rams to either take the WR or look to move down to grab their guy. Scherff, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings...etc.

If both QB's and both WR's are gone at #10....then it gets interesting as to what they'll do. I don't like this scenario at all. BPA is always the way to go, but it would be nice to be sitting there at #10 with some bargaining power.

lockdnram21

Legend
Well, we don't need to be moving up for D players at all. That'd just be dumb and frustrate me to no end. Only move up is a QB or making sure we get White/Cooper.

It IS okay to admit mistakes on guys like Tavon or being worried about Quick's rebound who is in his last year after all and Britt being signed only 2 years.

I want elite talent this time around to put us over the hump. Plenty of fire power for going o-line in every round after the 1st.
Only way they trade up is for Qb mi think. They could trade back and take Dgb or Coates or D Smith in second. Most likely scenario is they get a line man in first is which I hope they do

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They are top 5 players in the draft...but I won't be at all surprised if one falls. The pass rushers will get valued over them and there are a lot of defensive minded coaches picking in the top 10(7 to be exact).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They are top 5 players in the draft...but I won't be at all surprised if one falls. The pass rushers will get valued over them and there are a lot of defensive minded coaches picking in the top 10(7 to be exact).

I agree. There are very good pass rushers. Teams put a higher premium on them than they do WRs. Look at the WRs both Superbowl teams ran out. Some teams don't think they are worth the high pick and also the big pay day when they become free agents in 5 years.

I really would love to get a top WR like White or Cooper. But I fear that Fisher and Snead are still sore from not being able to draft GRob, Donald, AND Martin. If they think any of the top OLinemen are close to what Martin is then that is the guy they will take.......my guess is obviously Scherf in this case.

"Year one we moved back. Year two we moved up and back. Year three we stood pat. Watch for a new trend to emerge this year."

Codemonkey, if Snead is alluding to trading up, then he is just playing at this point because trades don't usually unfold this early. So I think he was playing with the media. If he did trade up it could be to get ahead of the Giants who also need Olinemen.