How good is Russell Wilson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
He benefits greatly from those around him but then most of the better players in the league do regardless of what position they play. It's the nature of the game.

He's a perfect fit for that team in terms of his play. He doesn't fit in terms of his personality because he's not a complete tool like so many of his teammates and that's to his credit obviously.

Don't get me wrong though, he's still a Seahawk and deserve everything our d line gives him

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Having a strong running game helps but Russell Wilson is capable of making plays. He's definitely above average and the Seahawks would regret it if they let him go. The part of Wilson's game that impresses me the most is his ability to throw the ball downfield. He's no Aaron Rodgers but he does throw a nice deep ball.

I'm glad the Rams have Foles.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Simply put, while he may not be the traditional type some would prefer, but Russell Wilson is a stud QB that keeps drives going.

Sure Seattle has a strong defense and a run first offense, but Wilson has accounted for almost 2,000 of those rushing yards the past 3 seasons to go along with his 72 TD passes.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Would you want him as our QB? Regardless of how or how much, if you could have Wilson as our QB would you do it?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm curious if those saying he's overrated due to having a strong running game and elite D will be saying the same thing about Foles if he can recapture his 2013 form.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm curious if those saying he's overrated due to having a strong running game and elite D will be saying the same thing about Foles if he can recapture his 2013 form.
That population would be Seahawks fans and I could care less what they think.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Would you want him as our QB? Regardless of how or how much, if you could have Wilson as our QB would you do it?
I would yes. He's already proven that he knows how to win big games. He may be a slightly above average pocket passer, but his running ability makes him a top 10 QB. With the possibility of starting to rookies on the O-line, we may need someone who can be elusive in the pocket. As much as I want Foles to succeed, I don't think that he has the elusiveness that Wilson has.

I really want to hate Wilson, but the kid is humble, hard working and likeable. Too bad he plays for the damn Seachickens

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
*Takes off homer hat...

Boys, he's damn good. He is a winner. He has really good pocket awareness and can deliver the ball when he needs to. Seriously, I would take him over any QB in the NFC West. Like a writer said that unlike Kaep, RG3,etc.. He runs the ball, but is smart about it. Sure, having Lynch has helped him immensely..Yet, he knows his role in the offense and does it extremely well. I want Foles to be better, no doubt. Yet, without seeing Foles in the offense if you asked me which QB I would take between Foles and RW, it would be Wilson (Seattle fans, I will deny this to the death if you are reading this!:lifting:
60271722.jpg

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'll give him this, he's a playmaker. He finds a way to keep the play alive and get the first down. He's clutch for the most part. He knows how to win games and that's all that matters.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a good QB. No idea how to rate him - he's above average I'd guess, but he's in a fairly large grouping of QBs - each of whom can excel in certain situations, and would look bad in others. He's been fortunate to be in a system that makes the most of his skill set - and the Seahawks are fortunate to have found a QB in the third round whose skills fit their system - someone who won't make too many mistakes, who can extend plays, and who looks great handing the ball off. He does enough that teams need to fear him, but he's not a great QB, more a solidly good one.

Of course, now the Seahawks are going to have to pay him, and likely overpay him - which will cost them some of the depth around him.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I respect him for what he is, and in trying to be objective I really think I would take him over Foles, but no, I would not want him at any cost.

Really, the moral of the story in Seattle is that teams win Championships, not individual players.

In parting from this conversation I leave you with the immortal words of wisdom from that Marshawn Lynch "I'm just here so I don't get fined".

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trolled a Hawk, and I think I liked it.....(think Katy Perry)
NtXxEAc.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's smart. He divorced his first wife before his big contract.

In all seriousness; he's durable and never seems to take a hard hit. He moves exceptionally well and creates plays with his legs and ultimately the time he creates leads to plays with his arm.

His accuracy is spotty but his arm strength is very good. His size doesn't seem to limit him and one could argue is part of the durability package.

He seems to have the respect of the team, but like every Seattle player is a douche, a tool, and not worth a discarded snot filled tissue.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How good of a QB he is can be answered by how often his coach puts it in his hands during games.

And that's all there is to that.