How Good Can The Rams Passing Game Be IF?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Their Offensive Line can Improve and their WR’s can stay Healthy? The Rams have some real Weapons with Goff, Kupp, Woods, Cooks, Higbee and Everette IF the Offensive Line can just give Goff enough time! I really think the 2020 Los Angeles Rams will be Very Explosive!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Its more about run blocking.

They establish a run game, the play action works and the passing game flourishes.

That is what needs to be fixed first and foremost.

Tano

Legend
If you think about it, except for the Baltimore and Dallas games, our offense did extremely well in the other 4 games once McVay started using the tight end more.

The majority of posters on this board kept saying over and over that the TE is open the way defenses were playing us and I don't know why it took McVay so long to finally realize that.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I thought Goff was protected well and I believe he was only sacked once.

Tano

Legend
I thought Goff was protected well and I believe he was only sacked once.
And Goff had a good to great game.

Goff had a few passes dropped during the game too.

And the few bad passes that he had were due to being pressured and having to get rid of the ball earlier than he wanted to or his pass got tipped/arm got hit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We've seen how good it can be. Fix the OL and get the run game going, and this passing game will be what it was in 2017 and 2018 - maybe better.

Ram77

Rookie
Just saw a stat where Goff was only sacked 22 times?? Is that correct? Anyways yes-they have to improve the run blocking. Our offense is way too one dimensional. That dimension is really good but we are turning into the Tampa Bay Bucs because all we can do is pass. The last 2 seasons our running game was an equal partner and helped our passing game create more space and bigger yardage plays

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams couldn't run the ball this year

3.7 YPC as a team in 2019
4.9 last year
4.3 in 2017

MASSIVE drop off. It's not just Gurley's fault either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's last 5 games are much more of what we can expect.
328 ypg, 99.4 rating 11-4 TD/INT ratio
Quite a change from his No-Score November which had him inexplicably throw up a 3 game stink fest that included 9 ppg, a 58.9 passer rating, only 209 ypg and an atrocious 0-5 TD/INT ratio
Finished strong like the champion he is

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Just need to restore balance with the running game. Gotta give Goff credit for being able to move the ball with no running game. I know we have weapons, but some teams fall apart when the running game is stopped. It just slows the Rams down some. Get a nasty MF'er at C and RG and this will be a top 10 offense again easy. Probably top 5.