How far is too far for trade down by Rams?/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I get that Clowney is the best player in the draft - but the Houston beat writers have been saying that there's no way the texans don't take a QB..I'd be shocked if they went clowney, even if he'd be worth it

What do they know?

F. Mulder

Starter
Well I'm comfortable with 6th, anything lower they'd have to have several options they know are going to be there and have equally evaluated. Top 6 they assure one of the "elites".

iced

What do they know?

they're the ones that are closest to organization - that have the "sources." Like Jim Thomas has a way better feel on the Rams then any non-beat writers

jap

Legend
they're the ones that are closest to organization - that have the "sources." Like Jim Thomas has a way better feel on the Rams then any non-beat writers

I see where you're coming from, but I don't even pay much attention to Thomas anymore. He may have internal contacts, but he has his biases too.

I just feel Clowney is special enough that the Texans may consider him the higher priority and go for a QB later on.

tonyl711

Starter
I wouldn't go any lower than #6, and I would want at least a second this year and next to do that.

iced

I see where you're coming from, but I don't even pay much attention to Thomas anymore. He may have internal contacts, but he has his biases too.

I just feel Clowney is special enough that the Texans may consider him the higher priority and go for a QB later on.

with a gigantic hole at QB and a New QB Head Coach Guru?? Plus what the beat writers are reporting?

where theres smoke theres fire

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Answer: Out of the top 9 picks...ideally, we wouldn't drop below pick #6

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can't wait to see who's right. I see it as Clowney by himself than a group of studs after.

Fisher is a D guy. He's not a "play it safe" guy. I don't think he could pass on Clowney. With Geg Williams there to get the most out of that line? It's Fishers nature.
I think Boudreau needs a bluechip player n the Oline a lot more than Williams and Waufel on the Dline

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I've changed my mind. #8 might be to far to trade down. I say make a deal with Falcons and get there 1.6 spot, plus their 2nd Round pick, and their 3rd round pick next year.
Could possibly still land Watkins at 1.6 spot, but for sure land one of the top 3 tackles.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've changed my mind. #8 might be to far to trade down. I say make a deal with Falcons and get there 1.6 spot, plus their 2nd Round pick, and their 3rd round pick next year.
Could possibly still land Watkins at 1.6 spot, but for sure land one of the top 3 tackles.

Clowney. You'll be trading that Jersey within 3 games of watching Quinn / Clowney / Long

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My philosophy is simple. Did they get Watkins, Robinson or Matthews? If so, they didn't trade down too far. ;)