How far down the board is too far?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Being that there are likely going to be a lot of teams that are itching to get their hands on that #2 pick, and the likelihood that Griffin will wow people during his pro workout, how far away from the top 5 would you be willing to go? I saw a brief rumor that Philly would be interested in moving all the way up, but they're down there at 15. They'd have to throw in a REALLY good player (or two) in order for the Rams to even consider dropping that far. Wouldn't you think?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[espn]7624166[/espn]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great question. I would move down pretty damn far as long as we get a vet (young vet hopefully) that fills a need. Surprised to hear that Philly is even in the mix....

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Well, the farther we move down, the more good picks/players we should get. Miami should have to give up more than the Browns and Redskins would. Theres just so many scenarios for us. For a Redskins deal, we could have those extra picks, along with a few 2013 picks, we could pick someone at #4, and then we could move back into the 1st round in the 20s and pick someone. For the Browns deal, we would get more picks this year because of all the extra picks they have. They are the only QB needy team with multiple 1st round picks. Other teams would have to maybe give up more 2013 picks.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
#9. Drops off after that, but still will get a great player.
Could trade that #9 pick to drop back mid round to the twenties for more picks. More the merrier approach. Doing this though you got to have faith in your scouts evaluations since the rate of success is less and harder to find a top player, Maybe the total booty would be 8 picks in the first 3 rounds this year counting the Rams picks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My ideal scenario right at this very finite moment? Trade with multiple teams to get two top 20 picks. Pick up Poe and then Floyd. Then go after an OLB.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd say no later 8th, anything below is a bit too much, IMO.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Honestly, I'd be willing to drop back into the teens if the offer came up. It'd mean taking a guy at DT (Still or Poe), OL (Konz or Glenn) or WR (Floyd). I'd imagine such a deal nets the team at least a 2nd rounder then something like a 5th too, and then probably another 1st or second next year too. I think this team can be competitive when they're healthy and an extra 5 starters in the first 4 rounds would do the trick.

bluecoconuts

Legend
For me it's the amount of blue chip players that we can get in the next 2 years. We obviously need talent, and I'd rather stay in the top 10 if we can. I think the 8 spot is the furthest I'd want to go... Personally I think we're either drafting 2 (Kalil), 4th (Blackmon) 6th (Blackmon/Richardson/claiborne) or 8th (hard to say who'll still be there).

I'm sure the Rams aren't looking to pick much lower than that though. Talent is a must, and as much as possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
For me it's the amount of blue chip players that we can get in the next 2 years. We obviously need talent, and I'd rather stay in the top 10 if we can. I think the 8 spot is the furthest I'd want to go... Personally I think we're either drafting 2 (Kalil), 4th (Blackmon) 6th (Blackmon/Richardson/claiborne) or 8th (hard to say who'll still be there).

I'm sure the Rams aren't looking to pick much lower than that though. Talent is a must, and as much as possible.
Yeah. Or if we HAVE to go further down than that, we should be getting a pretty decent (young) player from the team's roster of which we dealt our pick. An instant starter with cred. That would take the sting out of it somewhat.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't want them to go below #6.

claiborne at #4 or blackmon/richardson at #6

need to leave the draft with a high impact player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think no matter where you drop in the first, you get a starter and the Rams' second round pick will probably be a starter as well. So any trade you make that garners more picks in the Top 40 will probably be starters on this team. I'm excited!

a sweet scenario for me would be cleveland and then cincinati. 17 unless New England knocks our socks off for one of the 17, 21, or 22 picks. That would net us posibly 4 1st rd picks and maybe picks for next year secure our future. There is noone in this draft that really knocks my socks off anyway