How Far Can We Drop In This Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

and still pick up ELITE talent?

I am not sure that I am all that crazy about dropping out of the top 10.

RFIP

and still pick up ELITE talent?

I am not sure that I am all that crazy about dropping out of the top 10.

I "think" 6 is as far as I'd go because I want Watkins and even that may be too low to get him. Also, 6 is where the Rams dropped to in 2012 and had their sights on Blackmon but JAX swooped in ahead and snatched him up! If that happens again to Watkins I will be royally pissed!

Alan

Legend
I'd like to trade down to #4 and then trade down again as long as we stay in the top ten. There are lots of great players available in the first and second round I'd like to see in a Ram uni. Think of the quantity of high picks we could accumulate. We'd probably be able to draft a back up QB in the 3rd or 4th round with no problem.

Of course I'm probably just dreaming but it could happen.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would like to see no later than 5. I want Watkins or Evans on this team.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'd like to trade down to #4 and then trade down again as long as we stay in the top ten. There are lots of great players available in the first and second round I'd like to see in a Ram uni. Think of the quantity of high picks we could accumulate. We'd probably be able to draft a back up QB in the 3rd or 4th round with no problem.

Of course I'm probably just dreaming but it could happen.

+1. There is a very real chance that our round 2 guy turns out better than the guy(s) we pick in round 1.....

bluecoconuts

Legend
I would like to see no later than 5. I want Watkins or Evans on this team.

Agreed with stopping at 5. As for Watkins or Evans, I want them, but they're not the first position i would target unless we know there's a tackle we can get later on.

A55VA6

Legend
Farthest I'd go with that #2 pick is dropping to maybe 6. Browns or Falcons would possibly be good trade partners

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It will depend on what Snead and Fisher see as the best value and most need. What happens in free agency will obviously have a huge impact too.

I think the #1 need on this team is an upgrade for the O line. I think this has been the plan all along with only a player here and there needed in the other units on this team and these guys getting older and too expensive (Wells and Dahl). Depending on Long's health and Saffold's status things could be a need for an immediate starter which I think would mean Matthews at this point or it could mean a need for a couple of guys to develop in which case I have no clue and would trust Boudreau Snead and Fisher to get their men.

#2 need is the DBs I think there are a couple of guys that will be top of talent pool Denard would be my first choice, Roberson from FLA and then Roby Ohio St. for Safety an upgrade needed there too Dion Bailey and Calvin Pryor

After that I would be looking for good depth on the DL and who is available at WR and QB. There are a few WRs out there with good size which I think is the one thing that would be good to have in addition to Quick and Cook. Watkins has been mentioned a bazillion times (RFIP) but I just don't see him being a reality for the Rams with their other needs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I believe we can drop all the way down to 12 and still get elite talent because I see 4 QBs and a couple of TEs taken by then.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
hi alan, you too. it will be a good draft this year.

Happy New Year!!! to you guys.

I trust Snead to get the trade down level right. I think he rather have another first rounder next year than this year, but I'd like OL, DB, WR taken early.

Agamemnon

Rookie

I trust Snead to get the trade down level right. I think he rather have another first rounder next year than this year, but I'd like OL, DB, WR taken early.
Happy New Year, Max. If we get real lucky, all that can happen.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Happy New Year, Max. If we get real lucky, all that can happen.

True Ag. It's really a short obvious list this year. And our needs match up well to the talent in this draft except for FS. There's no stud FS this year. But WR is better this year than last. I'd take one early.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The problem for me is; I always fall in love with someone in the top 6. I like those highly hyped prospects... exciting!

Could be; Clowney, Watkins, Lewan, Mathews, Nix, etc.

But there are a lot of good players everywhere, particularly in the middle 1st. I see a lot of offensive linemen I could get excited about there.

Me; if there is a run on QB's, I'd like to stay top 10 to get a blue chipper.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I believe we can drop all the way down to 12 and still get elite talent because I see 4 QBs and a couple of TEs taken by then.
Hey Husker! What TE's do you see being picked in the top 12? Everything I read, and from watching him personally, tells me that E. Ebron is the best TE talent in the draft but I haven't seen him mocked higher that about 16.

Alan

Legend
max with holiday cheers:

I think he rather have another first rounder next year than this year, but I'd like OL, DB, WR taken early.
Back at you max!:D
I'm an instant gratification type guy but I think that spreading out the wealth over two years would work the best for us. It kind of helps CAP wise too not having to make decisions on a huge amount of players in any one year.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back at you max!:D
I'm an instant gratification type guy but I think that spreading out the wealth over two years would work the best for us. It kind of helps CAP wise too not having to make decisions on a huge amount of players in any one year.

I never really thought about it that way, but it makes sense.