How does today's draft affect their pursuit of Barksdale?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I kinda felt that our biggest needs were guard and center and after drafting a bunch of tackles, I dont see that need being addressed.
They have confidence in Jones R Haney and Barnes. Also I disagree Tackle and Guard were biggest need and we got those. Havenstine OT and Brown will play OG

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have confidence in Jones R Haney and Barnes. Also I disagree Tackle and Guard were biggest need and we got those. Havenstine OT and Brown will play OG
Didnt mean for my post to come off negative, Im thrilled with the draft.
As for my post, I dont know what we have at center but seeing we didnt sign any FA or draft one, they must be REAL confident about who they have in house.

lockdnram21

Legend
Didnt mean for my post to come off negative, Im thrilled with the draft.
As for my post, I dont know what we have at center but seeing we didnt sign any FA or draft one, they must be REAL confident about who they have in house.
I'm thinking Rhaney will be center if healthy and shows what he showed last camp. I read some where that he could be a Alex mack type player

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He'll sign. Fisher isn't going to allow three or more rookies to start on the O-line, that's just not the style the guy runs his team with.

If anything this just necessitates him more for somebody with even the tiniest silver of experience and ability to play.

Barksdale was a rookie when he started for the Rams, and he wasn't do good either. He was cut his first year by the Raiders. If they did well with the scouting then Havenstein and Brown should be better than Joe was in year 1. They both should start. Barnes is not a rookie btw.

Ram65

Legend
It doesn't look like they have the space for Joe B. I don't know if they see him as a OG as well as RT. They signed G Reynolds as the a OT and I guess OG. If they bring Joe back I would think he has to compete and would not get a big signing bonus or guaranteed contract. We will all be interested to see how the offensive line pans out.

Projected Starters

RT Havenstein (2nd Round Pick)
RG Saffold
OC Jones or Barnes/Rainey
LG Johnson (3rd Rd Pick)
LT G Rob

Backup
Garrett Reynolds- OT/OG (Signed F A)
Barnes or Jones (Not Sure about Rainey) OC/OG
Donnal (4th Round Pick) Swing OT/OG

Others
Wichmann (6th Round PIck) OG maybe OT
Brandon Washington OT
Rainey OC

?????
Joe Barkesdale ORT

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LT...Robinson, Saffold
LG...Brown, Reynolds
C...Barnes, Jones, Rhaney
RG...Saffold, Donnal, Wichmann
RT...Barksdale, Havenstein

That's ten and they could keep ten offensive linemen. If they don't sign Barksdale then Havenstein starts with Reynolds as the backup and that's nine and more likely.

lockdnram21

Legend
It doesn't look like they have the space for Joe B. I don't know if they see him as a OG as well as RT. They signed G Reynolds as the a OT and I guess OG. If they bring Joe back I would think he has to compete and would not get a big signing bonus or guaranteed contract. We will all be interested to see how the offensive line pans out.

Projected Starters

RT Havenstein (2nd Round Pick)
RG Saffold
OC Jones or Barnes/Rainey
LG Johnson (3rd Rd Pick)
LT G Rob

Backup
Garrett Reynolds- OT/OG (Signed F A)
Barnes or Jones (Not Sure about Rainey) OC/OG
Donnal (4th Round Pick) Swing OT/OG

Others
Wichmann (6th Round PIck) OG maybe OT