How does today's draft affect their pursuit of Barksdale?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am guessing either today's actions by the Rams mean they will either get Barksdale at a cheaper price or they won't sign him at all! I would still like to see the Rams re-sign him (Or, Blalock) so the Rams offensive line doesn't become too young and inexperienced!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I am guessing either today's actions by the Rams mean they will either get Barksdale at a cheaper price or they won't sign him at all! I would still like to see the Rams re-sign him (Or, Blalock) so the Rams offensive line doesn't become too young and inexperienced!
I don't see how we can sign him now. The only way we'd sign him or need him is on a 1 year deal, which he likely won't sign. We don't need him for more than that because Havenstein should be taking over by then.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Bark's agent will look around the league and see if anyone still needs help. If not, I think they set aside the deal the Rams have on the table and ask for a 1-year prove it deal. I'd think the Rams would want that too now.

Makes a lot of sense for both sides to do a 1-year deal now.

Last edited:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Signing Barksdale would mean completing the transformation of the NFLs most paper thin/wide open line into a fairly deep one.

You can probably factor in at least one injury somewhere on the line this year. Having a capable backup to step in is sometimes the difference in a Super Bowl title (example: Kurt Warner)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do think/hope they sign one veteran to start on the line. Either a LG to be next to GR or a RT. In either case, a one year contract preferably.

Maybe give him a 2 year deal while you mold havenstein? Even then I don't see why you'd sign him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
U
Rams basically told him "you should have taken our original deal"

I certainly agree with this...I'm thinking it's possible he held himself out... Right out of a job...He can be had for virtually nothing now...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
someone correct me if I'm wrong , but don't the Rams still have like 8 Million left of their salary cap

Not sure how much of that goes to the rookie pool

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He'll sign. Fisher isn't going to allow three or more rookies to start on the O-line, that's just not the style the guy runs his team with.

If anything this just necessitates him more for somebody with even the tiniest silver of experience and ability to play.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
disagree. his leverage had already dropped after they held out this long. other teams obviously weren't taking that price either. the first two OL taken could start but another veteran starter is a MUST. you can't go in with Saffold your ou vet with GRob and a bunch of rookies and Jones an unknown at center. they need him back

RamWoodie

Legend
The handwriting is on the wall...if you ask me taking two tackles means Barksdale can move on.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
We all go on about injury depth all the time if he comes cheap enough why not bring him in let him possibly start as we work out how we wanna utilize these took oline men and the n be depth as they win the starting roles.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I kinda felt that our biggest needs were guard and center and after drafting a bunch of tackles, I dont see that need being addressed.