How does the Falcon's stadium deal effect the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Every other teams stadium issues got resolved relatively fast compared to this situation.

The only SAD truth is The Rams will stay only if STL breaks the bank and STL has still not agreed to put the money up. The Rams are getting a new stadium.
That's the only correct part of your post. The EJ Dome is now a temporary home of the Rams until Stan decides where and what type of stadium he plans to build in the STL area.

Minnesota went through at least 2 votes over 4 years before they finally settled their stadium issues. San Diego still hasn't resolved theirs, and that's been going on since ... hell I can't remember. I think they were getting close back in 2006 when they went 14-2, but that ended badly all around.

Can you link were STL has agreed to put the money up?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ShaneG said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Every other teams stadium issues got resolved relatively fast compared to this situation.

The only SAD truth is The Rams will stay only if STL breaks the bank and STL has still not agreed to put the money up. The Rams are getting a new stadium.

p1HxsFi.jpg

What?? Seriously?

This process has BARELY STARTED in comparison to other cities.

Minnesota goes back to 1998. Doomsday scenarios started there over ten years ago. San Diego has been on a year to year lease for over a decade. San Francisco first started talking about a stadium in 1997.

Your comment is amazing.
Don't forget Miami. The Dolphins aren't bound to their lease either, and Ross isn't going to put a dime into that convection oven without the aid of public funding. He could skip town too for all anyone knows.

ShaneG

Starter
X said:
ShaneG said:
LosAngelesRams said:

p1HxsFi.jpg

What?? Seriously?

This process has BARELY STARTED in comparison to other cities.

Minnesota goes back to 1998. Doomsday scenarios started there over ten years ago. San Diego has been on a year to year lease for over a decade. San Francisco first started talking about a stadium in 1997.

Don't forget Miami. The Dolphins aren't bound to their lease either, and Ross isn't going to put a dime into that convection oven without the aid of public funding. He could skip town too for all anyone knows.

Outstanding point, X -- re: the Dolphins and there situation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

That's the only correct part of your post. The EJ Dome is now a temporary home of the Rams until Stan decides where and what type of stadium he plans to build in the STL area.

Minnesota went through at least 2 votes over 4 years before they finally settled their stadium issues. San Diego still hasn't resolved theirs, and that's been going on since ... hell I can't remember. I think they were getting close back in 2006 when they went 14-2, but that ended badly all around.

Can you link where anyone in LA has "put the money up"?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Exactly, so I can say there coming to LA and you guys can say they are staying in STL but the truth is there are no facts for both statements.

/Thread.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Exactly, so I can say there coming to LA and you guys can say they are staying in STL but the truth is there are no facts for both statements.

/Thread.

I can say they are coming to SWFL.

But what do all the things we know point to?

STL.......not LA or SWFL.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

/Thread.

Link all the things that point to it because there are hundreds of articles pointing to a move and hundreds of articles pointing to them staying.

you have yet to post some Facts.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
All you have to do is read the articles and threads on message boards.

There is zero credible evidence the Rams are moving. All there is really is two dead in the water stadium proposals in the LA area and one comes with a proposal that the NFL has already said will never happen.

There is actually ZERO credible evidence that an NFL team will be in LA during the remainder of the current CBA and TV deal. But you don't want to read the facts. Like most posters who are in the moving back to LA camp you just like to have fun arguing about this topic.

SO have fun.....and ignore reality LOL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
Don't tease me, man.

LosAngelesRams said:
There are no facts. Only speculation. Now let's stop littering ROD with this junk please.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
Don't tease me, man.

Don't know if you caught this but I was going to reply that the Kodgers aren't leaving SWFL for LA. A funny play on words for the day because I feel......whimsical!

Stranger:
Yeah, I've never understood that, but it's true. I recall going to many games at the Coliseum and the Big A that we very empty. But I don't ever recall attending a Laker game at the Fabulous Forum that was less than 75% capacity.

Perhaps in the superficial town that is LA, being able to be "seen" is more important than attending the event. And my guess is it's easier to be "seen" at a Lakers' or Kodgers' game than at an NFL stadium, especially an outdoor one.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

/Thread.

Link all the things that point to it because there are hundreds of articles pointing to a move and hundreds of articles pointing to them staying.

the downtown project orchestrated by Tim Leiweke and AEG is still awaiting environmental approval. But it has more long-term issues,such as limitations in creating the pregame and postgame football atmosphere, and entanglements in AEG's desire to own whatever club lands there.

Glitzy as the downtown site is,there's a fair amount of support for the Roski project, according to club officials with knowledge of the situation. Though the possibility of Chavez Ravine,with the Los Angeles Dodgers now having been sold,is hovering,too.

So that's far from settled. And then there's the little matter of the league's perceived real motivation to get to Los Angeles,which is lower now than it has been in a while. A carrot for the NFL to re-inhabit the market was to squeeze more money out of the TV networks. But those deals were extended in December to go through the 2022 season -- meaning they'll expire in 11 years.

The league actually has found L.A. to be a profitable market from a TV standpoint if it's simply fed the best games week to week,which happens because there isn't a local club to stop that from happening.

That means the NFL can pick its spot. And with the league hell-bent on getting it right the next time in L.A.,the ability to be patient is considered key. As one NFC executive said, "The league will wait until they get L.A. perfect -- perfect team,perfect owner,perfect location, perfect situation."

Given this catbird seat for the league,other factors will have to push the matter. First,one stadium site or another will have to emerge as the clear-cut answer to the "Where?" question that prevented L.A. from getting the expansion franchise that went to Houston in 2002. Second,a team will need to be motivated to go, with a large relocation fee likely. Third,the league will have to be satisfied that the team that goes to L.A. is the right one.

Bottom line is the NFL is thriving. The TV deals are done. And those in Los Angeles that follow the NFL have displayed a contentment with being fed the premier games on a week-to-week basis,even if it means that the closest team is located more than 100 miles away.

As far as the rams

The team has submitted a proposal to renovate the Edward Jones Dome to the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission. If it's accepted,the team's lease extends through 2025. If it's rejected,an arbitrator will work out a compromise plan,and the city accepting that one in December would also extend the lease to '25. If the city turns that one down,an out could be enacted in the Rams' lease in January 2015,pending some litigation.

What we know is owner Stan Kroenke has deep pockets and St Louis and some LA ties. The ball,for now, is in St. Louis' court to get the dome into the lease-prescribed "top 25 percent" of venues in the league.

ShaneG

Starter
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
LesBaker said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

/Thread.

Unreal... ahh, the joys of delusion ;)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

The Process is at a point where the CVA(?) has to decide if they're going to agree to the arbitration ruling. Odds are they won't. Stan expects this and, considering his other teams play in venues he owns, there is the strong likelihood that Stan will be putting quite a bit of his money into some local site, with some city/state money and a loan like Atlanta received from the NFL.

The alternative is a choice of LA stadium projects, both of whom want a sizable percentage of the Rams sold to them, and a cost to the NFL for moving. Why would he do that, when he can bankroll his own in STL and reap the profits of it all?

Btw, I'm a long-time LA Rams fan.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

The Process is at a point where the CVA(?) has to decide if they're going to agree to the arbitration ruling. Odds are they won't. Stan expects this and, considering his other teams play in venues he owns, there is the strong likelihood that Stan will be putting quite a bit of his money into some local site, with some city/state money and a loan like Atlanta received from the NFL.

The alternative is a choice of LA stadium projects, both of whom want a sizable percentage of the Rams sold to them, and a cost to the NFL for moving. Why would he do that, when he can bankroll his own in STL and reap the profits of it all?

The NFL already said they will not allow that. There is no way it'll happen on Goodell's watch and he's flat out said it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Ram Quixote said:
LosAngelesRams said:

I thought AEG was willing to pay for any moving costs/penalties for moving early?... My understanding was that the Downtown LA stadium (Farmers Field) was ready to break ground as soon as a team agreed to move there. I think that LA is obviously an option for the Rams, because Stan will make sure he has as many options as he can, but in the end what he wants is to remain in St Louis. So unless St Louis does everything possible to blow this (not likely) the Rams are going to get their new stadium in St Louis and everyone is happy. If they do blow it and Stan can't make it work, then LA is an attractive option for him.

I think the Chargers end up in LA though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
LesBaker said:
Don't tease me, man.

LosAngelesRams said:
There are no facts. Only speculation. Now let's stop littering ROD with this junk please.

I'll second that. And this is coming from someone who has been watching this team since the mid 60s. It's a tired argument that only produces angst. Take it back to the PD and leave it there. Purdy please.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamFan503 said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
Don't tease me, man.

LosAngelesRams said:

I'll second that. And this is coming from someone who has been watching this team since the mid 60s. It's a tired argument that only produces angst. Take it back to the PD and leave it there. Purdy please.
+1