1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How does Cook rank?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RamzFanz, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

Future forward, he needs to stop dropping passes!!!

2. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

So most of his production came with Bradford right?

3. RamzFanz Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I wonder if he didn't already. I can't find a list by game but it seems to me he wasn't dropping later in the season.

4. blackbart Well-Known Member

5. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

So am I reading that right, in games 2-7 he had 34 yards per game. Games 8-16 it was 36? And his yards per reception and TDs went up in those games? I thought having Clemens as QB hurt him?

6. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

Think about it. Clemens wasn't very good with the intermediate passes that would have given Cook much better receiving numbers. As was said earlier, Cook improved as the season went on. With Bradford, that might have been a couple hundred more yards or so.

Also keep in mind that after that first game, Cook was a target for opposing secondaries. Wasn't until after the running game became a factor that Cook became one as well.

7. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

I don't care what the stats say he needs to get his act together this season coming up and provide a damn good outlet for Sam and draw coverages to help out the other receivers.

8. RamzFanz Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Yep. He needs to get even better this season. With a season under his belt in this system, a running game, Bradford back, and improved OL, he needs to be a key player.

However, he wasn't as bad as some think last season. That's all. It was his best season ever, he was one of the best on the team, and he set records as a Rams' TE.

The Rammer likes this.
  9. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

So we know he would have improved with Bradford and not continued down the same route as set out in games 2-7?

10. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Like Jimmy Graham/Rob Gronkowski high? I agree. He wasn't elite but he helped the offense quite a bit. Maybe a 2nd year in the offense will help.

11. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I think that's going to be a big boost, and if Bradford is upright and not missing games then Cook should be considered a good signing.

Expectations were too high for the Rams and the O especially going into last season, at least some peoples were IMO.

Mojo Ram likes this.
  12. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

I believe he would have. The first 4 games of the season we did not have an effective running game. Stacy's emergence helped Bradford in games 5 & 6, to say nothing about how effective Stacy was after Bradford went down. If Bradford hadn't been injured, the Rams wouldn't have been so one-dimensional in the games they lost to the division rivals. The Rams absolutely punished the 4 teams they beat with their running game, but couldn't get much of anything going against the defenses of the niners, cards and Seattle. If Bradford had played, those games would have been so much more competitive, and the passing game more dynamic.