How do you watch the game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My wife hates football, basically because she doesn't really understand it and she says there are too many TV timeouts...she hates that the last 5 minutes can take 30-40 minutes. The other day I'm watching the Sunday night game and there was a punt and she asks, "Why did they kick it?"...my response was, "It was 4th down so they punted." She looked at me like I had 4 heads and had no idea what that meant. I had no idea she was that clueless to the game until that point.

Hahaha

If you start giving her all the 411 on the behind the scenes drama I bet she'll enjoy watching the games more. That's funny that the concept of 4th down was new to her. Holy Shit she has some catching up to do.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I hate that part about your wife for you @Sum1 , my fiancee has really taken to the game over the last 7 years and has learned quiet a bit about it. Like @Selassie I 's wife she does like it when I can provide a story line before kickoff but starting this year she has begun to make comments during the week about looking forward to Sunday's game. I think it must have been that game we all attended in Tampa. Gravy for me!!!
Nah, it ain't so bad. She leaves me alone and usually does something much more productive when I'm at the games or watching on TV.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I don't have Sunday ticket so my son and I will go to a place that has the games -- bar&grill or pizza joint -- some place with wifi so we can complain on the P-D game day chat. It's Northern California so yeah we're the only Rams fans in the place, but win or lose we're there and proud.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Naked of course…J/K :whistle: Sometimes I feel like a jinx while I’m watching. 9 times out of 10 when I step away from the game usually due to frustration I find that when I return something good had occurred while I was away…strange :confused:
I would truly hate for you to miss the Ass-Kicking we are going to be Laying down the next 3 games, But Given this ^ I'm not sure I want you watching the games!!:LOL:(y):D

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe I'm strange, but I really like to watch the Rams alone or with another rabid Rams fan. I get into the game so much, I don't like chitty-chat unless it is during a time-out. My wife and kids usually leave me alone and after the game they give me some space if it is a loss.
Needless to say, I've been smiling the last two weeks. Weird or not?
Not weird at all, I have been pretty much the same since the kids left home. We live out in the woods so I can be as loud as I want or am forced to and yes the wife and dogs leave the room will I am in to the game. It took my wife a few years to figure out it was a game time attitude and nothing personal toward her when I am ranting but she still gives me space.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I'll let family members watch with me, but, if the games competitive, they better not start chatting with me or I'll tell em to shut the F up. They pretty much leave me alone. Sometimes my son will sit and watch the game with me. He's autistic, so he doesn't talk anyway. He seems to enjoy going to games though. He loves car rides too, so occasionally we'll take a ride and listen to the radio broadcast, then I'll watch it when I get home.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'm a season ticket holder, so I go to all home games - most of the time with my wife, but sometimes take my little boy. For away games, - down in my man cave on the 55"... and want to be left alone unless my wife brings me down more food / beer. I get too worked up to be anything but normal / functional during Rams games and they don't want to be around me anyway!!

A55VA6

Legend
I watch the games secluded in my home recording studio. For some reason I just can't be bothered. It boils my blood. lol

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Usually by myself. My wife will duck in around halftime to judge how the rest of the day is going to go.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I record the game and watch the recorded version, that way I can pause when I need to turn my attention elsewhere and if I build up enough equity, I can fast forward thru the commercials/half time

My wife loves football and understands the game quite well. Unfortuantely all that does is give her the knowledge of when its utterly most inconvienient to bother me, ask me to do somehing or decide to have that ridiculously unimportant conversation about like what one of her students parents said about their sisters kid....

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
When I was active duty I would stream the games online and watch by myself at my house. Now that I'm out and have moved closer to family I watch with them. This is my first season as a season ticket holder so I travel to the games with my parents. They have better season tickets than me. I have the cheapest ones you can get so I'm all the way at the top. For away games I go to my parents house to watch them and my mom makes "football" food. It's nice to be able to watch football again with the family after eight years of not being able to.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
When I was active duty I would stream the games online and watch by myself at my house. Now that I'm out and have moved closer to family I watch with them. This is my first season as a season ticket holder so I travel to the games with my parents. They have better season tickets than me. I have the cheapest ones you can get so I'm all the way at the top. For away games I go to my parents house to watch them and my mom makes "football" food. It's nice to be able to watch football again with the family after eight years of not being able to.
Thank you for helping to keep us free @Zombie Slayer

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I watch with my family. My wife actually understands the game well enough, and she's really into it, so she's great to watch the game with really.

My son originally could care less, but he's finally hanging around and asking questions ... who knows, maybe he'll be helping to work on the cars and bikes next.

And my daughter ... well she's the one in the Rams cheerleader outfit in my avatar thingy whatever it is. Poor girl is startled sometimes when we cheer, but at 9 months she's coming along as fans go :)
Have no fear about your 9 month old, My Grand daughter Just started Cheering & applauding the Last 2 weeks (@14months) it takes time, Her timing is perfect considering what the Rams have done the last few weeks!:D

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
I usually watch the Rams games on the internet then I end up watching home alone.
But when it goes on ESPN Brazil I usually watch with some friends who are fans of other teams, like Raiders / Packers / Chargers / Cheatriots,
and i have a group of fans in whatsapp, called Rams Brazil, we talk a lot during the games, it is pretty cool.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Wake up at 11 and turn on the pregame show. Wait until 12 to pick my stream on the computer. Most Sundays feel like Christmas morning when the game starts.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I mostly watch them alone because I'm way to emotional if they doing something bad.But when I'm at my parents house like I am now I'll watch it with my step dad.And he's a huge Giants fan so next week I might get asked to go home early.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife is a country girl and had never been to a Rams game in her life until we got married. She said being at the game was so much better than watching on TV and really got into it. That just happened to be during the GSOT days, so she got to watch a lot of W's. Needless to say, she wasn't a great fan the past few years. She says I haven't been cursing the TV as much this season, so she figured they were playing better and winning. My new favorite thing is NFL Rewind...a whole game in 30 minutes. I've kept all the wins without eating up all the room on Tivo.