How do you plug our two OL holes?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How do you plug our 2 OL holes?

• 2 veteran free agents

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • A veteran free agent and a draft choice.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 2 draft choices.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • We have more than 2 starters we need to replace.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • In addition to our 2 starters we need to replace, we need new backups.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Huh huh huh huh... you said holes.

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are 3 holes: C, LG, & RT. Wells/Long will be cut and Joseph won't be resigned. Imo its a 50/50 proposition resigning Barks.

I'm resigning Britt and letting Kendricks and Barksdale walk if it means we could lour Wisneski to STL. This would be a dream scenario and I realize Wisnewski will be highly sought after. I'd then go Collins/Clemmings with our 1st rd pick and Cann/Tomlinson with our 2nd rd pick. I target an interior lineman in the 5th to backup the guards and center.

LT Robinson
LG Cann or Tomlinson
C Wisnewski
RG Saffold
RT Collins or Clemmings

A55VA6

Legend
Sign a veteran FA and draft a guy somewhere in the first couple rounds.

So many questions on this O-line right now.. Long, Wells, Barksdale might all be gone. If Long stays, he needs to play guard.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm going more than 2 spots....Play Rhaney or Jones....Draft Flowers...Draft Tomlinson/AJ Cann...set...Probably draft some better backups like Havenstein....or that kid from Penn State...Maybe that Div. III guy....need a few....

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
there's so many holes on that line I think Fisher and Snead should just hop on a plane to Japan and pick up a couple sumo wrestlers. worked in The Replacements

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not giving up on Barksdale if the price is right. He had a bad stretch but the body of work shows he is a good player. Bring in a vet OG, and draft a lineman in round 2. Cann, Erving, Sambrailo, Dismukes could all be available or Thomlinson or Galick in round 3. There are also two centers in the 4-5 range that could start year 1 in BJ Finney and Jake Fisher.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd love to take a run at The Wiz, but unless we convince him this is about winning now, Oakland has way more cap room than we do iirc.

Short of that, I still believe in Barrett Jones and D Rhaney. Frankly, I think Jones should be ready to step in as the top C in camp and he and Turner and Rhaney were upgrades over both Wells and Joseph (well...the bad Joseph...he played well in spurts, then played awfully in between)

If the Rams really are spying Mannion, then a 1st round OL is likely unless someone they just can't pass up falls to them. I fully expect the Rams to try and trade down this year and try and pick up another 3rd since about the only depth in this draft is the OL. The rest is top heavy and thins quickly. Which would see the Rams do something like trade down to pick up an extra 3rd and then go 1: OL, 2: QB, 3: OL , BPA.

I would think they should be looking at a C/OG type, someone like Cameron Erving, but Fisher prefers veteran centers. This why I think if Wiz can't be obtained, we go with Jones who I believe will surprise folks. In the 3rd, they would then go the OG/OT route, likely an OT who has the feet to play inside or outside.

If we do get a vet, I'd think we'd focus on a center. That would mean either guys like Jones and Turner will have to make it at OG or that the team has lost faith in them. I liked what I saw from all 3, but I don't know what their assignments were to properly grade them. At least they got in the way of the guys from the opposing team. If only swells and Joseph could have made thst a regular habit.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Tim Barnes has to be the guy at C with Rhaney stepping up
Then we have to go cheap FA with the LG and we use our #10 pick to replace Barksdale

Liking OT Flowers from the U, or Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'd love to take a run at The Wiz, but unless we convince him this is about winning now, Oakland has way more cap room than we do iirc.

Short of that, I still believe in Barrett Jones and D Rhaney. Frankly, I think Jones should be ready to step in as the top C in camp and he and Turner and Rhaney were upgrades over both Wells and Joseph (well...the bad Joseph...he played well in spurts, then played awfully in between)

If the Rams really are spying Mannion, then a 1st round OL is likely unless someone they just can't pass up falls to them. I fully expect the Rams to try and trade down this year and try and pick up another 3rd since about the only depth in this draft is the OL. The rest is top heavy and thins quickly. Which would see the Rams do something like trade down to pick up an extra 3rd and then go 1: OL, 2: QB, 3: OL , BPA.

I would think they should be looking at a C/OG type, someone like Cameron Erving, but Fisher prefers veteran centers. This why I think if Wiz can't be obtained, we go with Jones who I believe will surprise folks. In the 3rd, they would then go the OG/OT route, likely an OT who has the feet to play inside or outside.

If we do get a vet, I'd think we'd focus on a center. That would mean either guys like Jones and Turner will have to make it at OG or that the team has lost faith in them. I liked what I saw from all 3, but I don't know what their assignments were to properly grade them. At least they got in the way of the guys from the opposing team. If only swells and Joseph could have made thst a regular habit.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'd love:

LT Robinson
LG Iupati
C Irving
RG saffold
RT Barksdale

LT Robinson
LG Saffold
C Irving
RG Tomlinson
RT Barksdale or Buluaga

Prefer the first option as second option has 2 rookies side by side which may result in more run stuffs and sacks bc of lack of experience.