How Do You Handle Big Hav's Return?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Sorry to be the wet blanket, but I believe he was referring to having EJ Gaines and Isiah Battle up and ready to go this week. Still hoping for Havenstein by season opener.

Unfortunately for me and everyone who liked my original post. It was EJ Gaines that Fish was talking about not Havenstein. I went and rewatched the interview. GRRR! So little word on BIG HAV

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just being devils advocate, I think Hav should start at RT. However, if this current line composition continues to play well you really have to ask if its not broken why to fix it. Furthermore once the inevitable Saffold injury comes around you don't have to reshuffle alot because you have a ready made replacement in Hav to step in at RT. Not saying that is what should happen, but if this current group keeps playing well could be hard to mess with their continuity.

Not a bad take but what keeps me from agreement on it is the way this line looked when Havenstein was IN the games last year. When they lost him for a short term the line struggled, and his return coincided nicely with a strong run to end the season.

I know they had some injuries and dipping into the depth was a large part of that. But I also think Hav is the best RT on this team and his presence makes that line better.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
No chance I would sit a HEALTHY Havenstein. He was our most consistent OL last year. Period. Also, I didn't see anything in the last 2 weeks (specifically Saturday night) to lead me to believe that this OL is "fixed" or "not broken". RH at RT and let Brown and Wichmann battle for RG.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
It will all work itself out naturally - Saffold will pull up lame sooner than later and Havenstein will slip right in where he belongs. Voila!