How do you feel about goff ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First game. I will plead the 5th for a few more games.
Yup... he played like a rookie that had a very conservative play book behind him (unlike what Fisher said).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Let's be real, Merlin. If this was Keenum who played the game, we'd be ripping him. Goff didn't give the game away, but he also didn't do enough to win. Yes, the coaches take some blame for the overly conservative gameplan. Goff also takes some blame for leaving some plays on the field. Ultimately, there was good and bad. But there was more than enough good to build on and more than enough good to see that this kid has a bright future once the game slows down for him.

Personally, this was the thing I hated about sitting him for as long as we did. It doesn't matter who you are. It takes time for the game to slow down for you. The only way that happens is by getting real reps in real games.

Well, I guess you don't need the game to slow down for you if you have the best OL in the NFL giving you all day to throw. But that's not a luxury we have.

To be real I am not about ripping Keenum for being who he is: a backup level QB. Only time I ever ripped him was when he threw INTs, since he's that vet presence and game manager we were counting on to keep the turnovers and mistakes down but inexplicably could not. Goff's day yesterday would have been a solid "expected" Keenum outing, due to no big mistakes. He gave the team a good chance to win based on managing the gameplan. So, no, I personally would not have ripped him for that game if Keenum had started and produced that line. I'm sure others would, but whatever.

I also wanted to start him from day one, btw. And I also observed after visiting camp that the supposed "dropoff" between Keenum and him was BS and I still feel that way. I think the record Keenum garnered in his starts supports that, too. So from that perspective we probably see it the same way. I never thought the kid would tear it up on this particular offense from day one, but I did think he'd be "not that much dropoff" from Keenum while allowing for growth week to week and had they done that, yeah, we'd almost undoubtedly be better off right now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No evaluation until he's played more games and hopefully played without Fisher as his HC.
Yep, Agreed! Ask me this question after next week in New Orleans! Next week, a Fast track in a Dome, Gurrrley, and Our 6th Ranked Defense!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Goff looked much more comfortable than preseason.

He's slippery in the pocket, which we all noted so far.

He seemed to make good decisions, but that game plan pretty much put him in bubble wrap throwing the ball.

Additionally he looked like a rookie, IMO, with his mannerisms and as the clock was winding down that final 40 seconds. Did not look ready for that 2 minute drill, at all.

The rookieness is to be expected for a first start and it will be fun to watch his progress.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There was one moment that impressed me ... we were back up on our end zone we walked to the line .. (I think may be wrong) the dolphins shifted and he identified the blitzed called out new protections and then the snap the guy blitzed (From the Nickle ) I mean no one blocked him obviously ;) .. but goff got rid of the ball

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I think Goff did well and did not look too nervous compared to training camp and pre-season. He is mobile than what many may have thought. And Goff recognized blitzes and defensive alignments.

I think if the coaching staff were to give him the freedom on running the offense in that he recognizes the limitations of the WRs and as well as the OL, Goff can be a real bad-ass gamer in calling the play himself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's what I didn't like offensively:
Kendricks, two false starts and a drop. He didn't have a good game, really.
Robinson, for his boneheaded block to the back on a player who really didn't have a chance on Goff anyway. But he did have a pretty good game, eh?

Agreed. Guys who should be feeling the heat now are dudes like Kendricks and Robinson, who have underperformed for their entire careers thus far. Lance has dropped balls left and right seemingly forever, and even though he's gotten better this year the dude still can't step up and lead this team by example. Those false starts and the fumble are absolute BS and hurt his team's chances.

I'll ask yet again: where is the accountability? If he played defense Higbee would be the new starting TE. Kendricks would be sitting the pine. It's BS that there are two different sets of rules on this team for offense and defense.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Just so all the naysayers who will undoubtedly say I'm an idiot, which seems to be the general attitude around here toward someone who actually knows the game and posts the truth, can't say I'm not an honest guy, I now admit Greg Robinson son was one of my worst calls of all time. He is hopeless at LT.

:ROFLMAO: so you actually know more than everyone but you got GR wrong? cant make that shit up haha. GR played a good game sorry to tell you whoopy he had a penalty so did 3 of our TOP Stars that everyone thinks are gods but no one calls them out. I usually don't pick on someone but that first statement is ridiculous lots of people on here played the game and know the game.

Goff had some great footwork in this game and seemed to be comfortable for his first game. he did throw the ball a little to soon some times but meh he was nervous im sure. online gave him plenty of time to throw most of the day and im sure the weather had something to do with the calls.