How do you feel about goff ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wanted to keep this out the vent thread. How do you tell the gal wonderkid did

I honestly thought he had a good game ... didn't make any glaring mistakes showed some real moxy in the pocket .. thought ronde barber was a tad unfair on some of his critique of goff

Despite the loss I came away feeling pretty confident about his future

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Probably will not be the popular opinion, but he should have never been drafted by the Rams. Mannion should have been the guy from game one this year.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not an easy first start for him given the heavy rain and the quality of the Miami defence.

He showed his quick release, ability to navigate the pocket, willingness to throw into tight windows, and prowess dealing with pressure. I liked what I saw. It was a solid yet unspectacular performance. No big mistakes or turnovers, which is great. It's something to build off of so it's hard to be displeased.

At the end of the day, however, the QB doesn't matter much when you're playing Fisherball. All you need is a competent game manager. Keenum proved he can't even be that. But as long as Fisher is here it's hard to justify giving up picks to draft a QB #1 overall...

TXRams86

The Infamous
Any evaluation of Jared Goff in this offense is a waste of time.
We should wait until we have a real OC that can tailor the offense to Goff's skills.
This is my humble opinion of course.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I thought he did solid. Pocket awareness was great. Toughness was there, putting his body on the line on runs, and he made the throws they asked of him. With a couple that were off target, likely do to rookie jitters. I look forward to see him with a decent offensive system.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
No evaluation until he's played more games and hopefully played without Fisher as his HC.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Any evaluation of Jared Goff in this offense is a waste of time.
We should wait until we have a real OC that can tailor the offense to Goff's skills.
This is my humble opinion of course.

How is it a waste of time? You can still comment on the little stuff such as confidence, pocket awareness, protection pickups, etc

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I feel this coaching staff is going to ruin him

RamzFanz

Damnit
This game: Jared Goff = Case Keenum.

I don't lay this loss on him. Fisher was too conservative and played not to lose, once again, only to lose.

I have to say I was underwhelmed by Goff though. I liked his pocket presence and toughness. His passing accuracy was just not good.

What did I miss in Goff? Anything?

Last edited:

jap

Legend
It's a tough situation for a starting game with rain coming down. He already has to try and see what he can get away with tossing into coverage at the NFL level. To have to do so with wet balls on your first time behind center against a decent defense isn't ideal. I was hoping for some downfield strikes, but the falling raindrops pretty much squelched that.

He finally got his feet wet, and I like the effect he appears to already be having on Gurley's game. We still got six more weeks to turn this thing around. Next week we visit the Saints. I'm hoping The Mighty One duplicates his efforts from the last Saints game.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he played well for a first start and wet conditions. Fisherball cost the kid the win .

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably will not be the popular opinion, but he should have never been drafted by the Rams. Mannion should have been the guy from game one this year.
Yup. I agree. This is what happens when your coach only builds the defense and totally forgets the offense needs help too. Yay team.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
First game, bad playcalling, and rain makes it hard to judge him. He needs time. This is good for him to get up to game speed to end this year to be ready for next. His footwork and getting the ball out fast was on display. He will be good im not worried. Im more worried about Fisher and Boras ruining him than anything.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and about the rain. Appearantly Goff throwing in the rain for Snead and Fish was what sold them on choosing Goff, remember?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
He did fine. But DELETED Fisher and Boras conservative play calling. Not one real PA pass and not one designed play for more than 10 yards in the air until 40 seconds left in the game.

Their play calling stunk and was as bad as the first game against the niners. These guys are not worthy of being NFL coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

A55VA6

Legend
He looked great in the pocket, made some nice throws. Offense was too conservative and holds him back imo.

Overall I thought he looked decent. Something to build off of.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Love the pocket awareness of the kid, will like to see him play in favorable weather conditions. We'll see his true passing potential against the Saints seeing that we're playing in the dome.