How did the coin toss effect this game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Broncos lost the toss and had a safety on the first play. Nerves?

What if the Seapigeons had to start on offense? Does the game change?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I doubt it. Manning had very little time, and blanketed receivers the whole game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does it irritate anyone else that every time they showed replays of Seattle's DBs in man coverage, they were holding the WR?

With the way Denver played today, they were going to get blown out either ways. It's just disappointing that the NFL gives a team like Seattle one set of rules and other teams a different one. Hell, the refs didn't start calling anything until after the game was out of hand.

Not claiming the refs played a role because as I said, Denver played like horsepoop. But I'm sure I'll get annoyed next year when we're playing Seattle and they're holding onto our WRs' jerseys for dear life and not getting called. In fact, perfect example from the first Seattle vs. St. Louis game:
eu5a.png

No call.

mi5z.png

qrap.png

wbrn.png

kvxo.png

Pass Interference in the end-zone...Seattle gets the ball at the 1

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I noticed that too. But here's a theory. When your corners (Seadderall's) are blanketing receivers, there's a lot of hands play going on between both the defender and receiver. Refs will be a little less apt to throw a flag when there are mutual violations going on. Granted that's not the case as often as it's not, but I did see quite a bit of attempted push-offs by Denver's receivers too.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
lol first pic look at cook he is looking across field at the ref in the line of site and holding out his hand like you bro do you not see this

RFIP

The "game" would have been much closer had the safety not happened AND had Manning understood that vs Seattle (and SF) you must be willing to punt instead of force balls.

Punt vs Mannings 2 ints (1 pic 6) and D Thomas fumble and of course no safety.

That would have kept the game much closer and "maybe" made Wilson throw a ball he shouldn't have since he couldn't get them in the EZ on the first 2 fg drives.

But in the end Peyton isn't wired that way and Seatte as a team completely dominated the Broncos.

Ramifications

Not only did opting to kickoff set up up the safety 12 seconds into the game, but it also set up Harvin for the return TD 12 seconds into the second half.

At 15-0 it was still a game, but in just a few minutes, the pick six by Smith near the end of the first half and Harvin's return made it 29-0 and the blowout was on.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't think the coin toss made a difference. Had Denver won the toss I'd have to bet they take the ball so either way, Denver gets the opening kickoff.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Denver lost the game before they stepped onto the field. The dominance of Seattle D was so in their head the game didn't matter. Payton admitted he wouldn't throw a back shoulder pass against Sherman. The first 5 passes thrown to the right side (Sherman's side) were screens.... and it goes on and on to the tune of an a** kicking.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
When I analyzed this game my first criteria was how the officials would call this exact thing.

IMO if the Seattle DB's don't get away with holding they aren't a top five defense.