How dare you question White Thunder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Reading through Wagoner's weekly chat rewinds where he answers questions and some "less educated" fellow suggested Long has lost a step (FYI he had a nagging hip injury for a month) and they should consider using him as trade bait. Of course Wagoner quickly shot him down but it still irked me. Chris Long in my opinion was the first brick laid in the construction of the medieval fortress that is now the Rams defense. The man not only is one of the hardest working most influential and vocal players on and off the field but his relentless, tenacious attitude is what the Rams D has evolved into. One of my favorite players and most consistent smashmouth men on the field. and yea I could attribute a small handful of Quinn's sacks to the fact that the first thing the QB sees is a huge, ferocious, fast, colorfully tattooed man bearing down on him. I digress.. my point is never disrespect the workhorse that is #91

chris-long2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm a frequent question asker during Nicks chat. You can find my questions on there. But I agree with you, too often do people come up with questions about using Long as trade bait while we can still get something for him. Just because his sack totals dropped a bit. Like you said, he was hurt for a while. And he was still a force to be reckoned with. People say he gets paid too much. He earns it. If the coaching staff doesn't believe so, they would ask him to take a pay cut, or rework the contract. Leave long alone, and let him dominate.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Long plays a different position, but his success and position as a leader still in his prime..reminds me of Brian Urlacher....It will be a sad day when the Rams Management has to tell Chris Long that he doesn't have it anymore. Hopefully, he retires after a 2nd Super Bowl win......

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just looking at that picture makes me think about what a fuckin awesome feeling that must be lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will go on record...IMO Hayes makes more plays, but Long is important to this club for his leadership and the fact when the chips are down, he plays every play like it's his last.

This team struggles for an identity and and a face of the franchise the Rams can do far worse than Chris Long.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Long has been my favorite player since being drafted to this team.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chris Long IS the heart and soul of our defense...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If CL is a problem, there are no answers. We are finally building a team around a few of our very talented vets. For his character, drive, and talent, CL has been one of my favorite Rams every year since he got here. People who want him out of here need a reality check IMO.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It's funny how some people want to get rid of all the good players on the team. Maybe they miss the days of when we went 1-15? Sick bastards.

jap

Legend
Chris Long is a better version of Grant Wistrom, the DE who is equally good against the pass and the rush. The Mighty One is a better version of Leonard Little, the speed DE. Along the way, enough of Chris' Energizer Bunny tenacity rubbed off on Quinn to the point where he is virtually equally good against the pass and rush. When Aaron Donald gets going and (especially!) when The Incredible Brock advances to what I call super stud DT status (i.e., a DT who consistently handles 2-3 blockers and remains a viable force against pass & run), that DL is gonna become Disruption City.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Reading through Wagoner's weekly chat rewinds where he answers questions and some "less educated" fellow suggested Long has lost a step (FYI he had a nagging hip injury for a month) and they should consider using him as trade bait. Of course Wagoner quickly shot him down but it still irked me. Chris Long in my opinion was the first brick laid in the construction of the medieval fortress that is now the Rams defense. The man not only is one of the hardest working most influential and vocal players on and off the field but his relentless, tenacious attitude is what the Rams D has evolved into. One of my favorite players and most consistent smashmouth men on the field. and yea I could attribute a small handful of Quinn's sacks to the fact that the first thing the QB sees is a huge, ferocious, fast, colorfully tattooed man bearing down on him. I digress.. my point is never disrespect the workhorse that is #91

chris-long2.jpg

And people forget that CL and JL DO NOT MISS GAMES, perhaps the most overlooked intangible when evaluating a person's career.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Chris Long has taken SJ's place as the leader and face of the team so to say. At least in my opinion he has. You could say the same for Laurinaitis too. Both are examples of players whose jerseys you want to own. They're going to be meaningful even if they do leave the team eventually like Jackson did.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Long is a vet and leader of our D. To even think of a rams going forward without him is stupid and shouldn't even be entertained.
In a young team, it is vital we have vets in our D like JL, CL and now RQ to keep the rooks and sophomores steady

RustyRay

Rookie
Long will be healthy this season and I think he will put all the questions to sleep. He wasnt terrible last season, but he had an average year for him stat wise and he was hurt....and he had a dynamic teammate on the other side lighting up the league in Quinn.

I think some doubters will be shown the real Long this season..You cant underestimate the effect an interior rusher like Donald can have on outside rushers...Long will bounce back this year....He isnt even close to being done.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

chris-long2.jpg

For some reason, idiot fans on every team want to trade their best players for fuckin draft picks. And what's hilarious they think they can get 1st or 2nd rounders for them.

Logic being: "So and so is getting older and his production is declining. Let's trade him." What?!