How Coveted Would Bradford Be on the FA Market? --Sando Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
How coveted would Sam Bradford be on the Free Agent Market? ESPN’s Mike Sando talks to Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr on 101ESPN’s The Fast Lane. Sando thinks there would be a lot of “buzz” for Sam on the open market. The key would be structuring a contract that protects the team from another Bradford injury. (Bradford discussion starts at 4:53)

Listen to Sando Talk Bradford

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
How coveted would Sam Bradford be on the Free Agent Market? ESPN’s Mike Sando talks to Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr on 101ESPN’s The Fast Lane. Sando thinks there would be a lot of “buzz” for Sam on the open market. The key would be structuring a contract that protects the team from another Bradford injury. (Bradford discussion starts at 4:53)

Listen to Sando Talk Bradford

I think in this case Sando is giving his opinion, not baseing it on people he's talked to. The other guy, Cole, had talked to a couple of people.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jason Cole joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about Bradford’s future, his market should he get cut, why he has leverage, and the only way the Rams and Bradford gets a deal done. They also discussed the decision Manning has in front of him and his thoughts on the Rams, Kroenke, and LA.

Listen to Cole Talk Rams

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jason Cole joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about Bradford’s future, his market should he get cut, why he has leverage, and the only way the Rams and Bradford gets a deal done. They also discussed the decision Manning has in front of him and his thoughts on the Rams, Kroenke, and LA.

Listen to Cole Talk Rams
Sv5FjBi.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I thunk some of Cole's comments are over the top...Sam would be WAY better off in the FA market because he could get a longer deal and make way more money than the one year deal in St. Louis ??? Don't think I can agree with that...Even if he gets a longer term, it's not going to start out at $13 million for 2015..If he gets hurt yet again, he gets cut and loses money on the deal...If he plays for the Rams, stays fairly healthy and puts up #s, then he gets big bucks, either from the Rams or in FA...I just don't quite get his logic on some of this stuff...JMHO of course, as always...

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Maybe I'm retarded but I just don't get how people would think he's going to get all this money if he becomes a FA.
He's missed 25 of the last 32 games and has had TWO ACL tears. I love Sam and hope he comes back strong. But this is a business and any GM that just hands away money over multiple years without knowing what they are going to get is nuts. I want Sam on our team but even Snead has to be smart about it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maybe I'm retarded but I just don't get how people would think he's going to get all this money if he becomes a FA.
He's missed 25 of the last 32 games and has had TWO ACL tears. I love Sam and hope he comes back strong. But this is a business and any GM that just hands away money over multiple years without knowing what they are going to get is nuts. I want Sam on our team but even Snead has to be smart about it.

I think it comes down to how difficult it is to fill this position.

Most of us, I believe, see the talent Sam has; his size, arm strength, accuracy, and decision making. Stats or not - he passes the eye test.

Not many QB's with his tenure - and lack of overall success - can say that. (Usually... You just know; see Akili Smith, Matt Lineart, Gabbert, etc. they just don't have it as a starter)

The issue really is his health.

That's a gamble most teams would take lacking another option - like a lot of teams.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yes, he's a risk. BUT, if he can stay healthy, he's so far beyond the rest of the list it's ridiculous.

With an incentive filled contest, it'd be a good risk compared to the alternatives.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Sam Bradford getting a chance at reclaiming the job after his second ACL tear in two seasons. First, he’ll have to restructure a contract that pays him nearly $13 million in 2015.

Again, this is not based on anything. Now, would it be great for Rams? yes. I would like Sam to sign an extension that is incentive-laden, meaning if he plays 80%, just as example, of the offensive snaps he gets a bonus. If he gets to playoffs, another bonus, if he is Pro Bowler, another bonus, if he win a playoff game or two, another bonus.

But for him having to? I don't think the comments by Sando and Cole back that up.

Jeff Garcia to interview for Rams quarterbacks coach position

Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2015, 8:39 PM EST
garcia.jpg
Getty Images
Since retiring from football in his 40s, former CFL, NFL, and UFL quarterback Jeff Garcia has tried plenty of things, from working in the media to working as an agent to working as a private tutor for quarterbacks to becoming a consultant for the Montreal Alouettes to becoming their quarterbacks coach during the 2014 season. Garcia will now give coaching in the NFL formal attempt.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Garcia will interview for the quarterbacks coach position with the Rams. The vacancy has arisen due to the expected promotion of Frank Cignetti to the position of offensive coordinator.

Garcia, who threw for more than 43,000 yards in 17 seasons as a pro quarterback,drew positive reviews for his work with Montreal. As a player, Garcia’s biggest NFL success came with the 49ers. Garcia also played for the Browns, Lions, Eagles (twice), and Buccaneers.

The Rams seem to be preparing for an open competition at the quarterback position, with injured starter Sam Bradford getting a chance at reclaiming the job after his second ACL tear in two seasons. First, he’ll have to restructure a contract that pays him nearly $13 million in 2015.

If Garcia gets the job, he may want to hang onto the Southern California estate he reportedly was trying to sell last year for $7.75 million. If the Rams move back to L.A., Garcia can move back in to the mansion.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Yes, he's a risk. BUT, if he can stay healthy, he's so far beyond the rest of the list it's ridiculous.

With an incentive filled contest, it'd be a good risk compared to the alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and my man CGI. But this is a business and until Sam plays another actual NFL game it's hard to imagine handing out big bucks until you know he can stay on the field.

The thought of any of the FA's this year makes me sick. I pray to GOD Sam comes back strong.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you and my man CGI. But this is a business and until Sam plays another actual NFL game it's hard to imagine handing out big bucks until you know he can stay on the field.

The thought of any of the FA's this year makes me sick. I pray to GOD Sam comes back strong.
I don't think anyone's anticipating he'll get a blockbuster contract. People are just saying the new contract will be something with a lower base pay, but that will give Sam the opportunity to make up the lost funds in incentives if he's healthy this year.