How concerned are you with our WRs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
RE: Jimmy Graham
Interestingly enough, the Saints were lighting it up and even won a Super Bowl before Jimmy Graham even got there.

FRO

Legend
Interestingly enough, the Saints were lighting it up and even won a Super Bowl before Jimmy Graham even got there.
Yeah and the 49ers won a Super Bowl before Jerry Rice. I don't understand how Graham hurts their chance to win a Super Bowl. Their TE was Jeremy Shockey, and while an overrated player, he was still a good TE. They also had Colston on their squad.

Again to reiterate, I'm not saying you have to have elite pass catchers, but having elite pass catchers is never a bad thing and they aren't the reason their teams don't win Super Bowls. That's like attributing a W/L record to the QB. Just silly.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah and the 49ers won a Super Bowl before Jerry Rice. I don't understand how Graham hurts their chance to win a Super Bowl. Their TE was Jeremy Shockey, and while an overrated player, he was still a good TE. They also had Colston on their squad.

Again to reiterate, I'm not saying you have to have elite pass catchers, but having elite pass catchers is never a bad thing and they aren't the reason their teams don't win Super Bowls. That's like attributing a W/L record to the QB. Just silly.

While I do believe that the overall impact of the WR position can be overrated based upon a team's philosophy and given that his success and/or failure is dependent upon others (especially his QB), I actually wasn't arguing against you at all.

BTW, do you really believe that anyone believes that having someone like Graham would hurt a team's chances of winning a Super Bowl? Or that anyone believes that having elite pass catchers is a bad thing and the reason that teams don't win Super Bowls? Seems to me that all Farmer pointed out that it wasn't a necessity for success. That's all.

FRO

Legend
While I do believe that the overall impact of the WR position can be overrated based upon a team's philosophy and given that his success and/or failure is dependent upon others (especially his QB), I actually wasn't arguing against you at all.

BTW, do you really believe that anyone believes that having someone like Graham would hurt a team's chances of winning a Super Bowl? Or that anyone believes that having elite pass catchers is a bad thing and the reason that teams don't win Super Bowls? Seems to me that all Farmer pointed out that it wasn't a necessity for success. That's all.
I think he is grossly understating how much he will miss Gordon. A broken down Austin and company will struggle to fill the void. Gordon probably was their best player on offense.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think he is grossly understating how much he will miss Gordon. A broken down Austin and company will struggle to fill the void. Gordon probably was their best player on offense.

Maybe. Maybe not. In years past some teams have still had success on offense when their best player has gotten injured and missed a considerable amount of the season. They just made adjustments kept going. Besides, what is he supposed to say....we're doomed?

Anyway, the bigger issue will probably be the change in coordinators and if that rookie QB is inserted into the starting lineup, IMO.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There have been stretches where Sam gives up on the receivers or focuses on one guy too much because he doesn't trust the others. The problem with that is that you cannot win when you go into a shell and if he would keep throwing to the WRs they will eventually get past their troubles.

By not throwing to a certain receiver in games said receivers confidence won't be built up and no progress made, plus it stifles the offense. So, in other words. Sam, this is what you have to work with, so work with them, don't exclude them, because they dropped some passes.

Is it that he doesn't throw because he doesn't 'trust' them, or is it that he doesn't think that a successful catch is on? Do we really need his interception count to increase??

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There were many times that he had the option to throw and chose not too. I think it was quite obvious that he lost confidence in some of the receivers. Nobody wants the INTs to go up but at some point you have to make the throw if the guy is open, whether you trust him or not. Otherwise there is little chance for improvement. There is nothing like live game reps to hone the skills.

Athos

Legend
vernon.gif

Not sure why we should be quoting guys in charge of the Browns. That brown-turd team is more terrible than we are, in a currently weaker division.

I REALLY don't get why people totally underestimate Colston. Dude is a 1B Elite level guy. Done nothing but be a 1000 WR since entering the league while averaging about 8 TDs per season. Colston is a damn fine WR. I damn well hope Quick can at least be 80% of what Colston is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure why we should be quoting guys in charge of the Browns. That brown-turd team is more terrible than we are, in a currently weaker division.
Well, he worked for the Falcons and Chiefs too. Is there a team representative that you would consider credible outside of those three Organizations?
I'll see what I can dig up.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I REALLY don't get why people totally underestimate Colston. Dude is a 1B Elite level guy. Done nothing but be a 1000 WR since entering the league while averaging about 8 TDs per season. Colston is a damn fine WR. I damn well hope Quick can at least be 80% of what Colston is.

I REALLY don't get where I underestimated Colston when I merely made a comment about Graham.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't know what a 1B Elite Level Guy is...but Colston and elite should not be in the same sentence. Colston would have to make an argument to be considered one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL right now much less an "elite" WR.