How concerned are you with our WRs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How concerned are you with our WRs?

I'm actually excited about our WRs this year. Scott Mitchell is the reason why.
If God forbid anything happens to Sam again this year, we aren't going to have to break stride like we did with Clemens last year. Mitchell is get the ball down the field and keep defenses honest
And as long as Sam Bradford stays healthy it will be even better.
We have the weapons with Tavon, Bailey, Givens, Quick, Britt, Pettis and in our TE's and RB's and we look rather stacked on paper. I think we are still the youngest team in the league again this year.
And then with our reinforced Oline with the likes of Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold, Barksdale and mix in all the added depth we picked up and are still acquiring like the Bond kid from UNC -- anyway, the WRs are gonna benefit from the extra protection Sam gets. I'm excited and happy we have a solid backup with a strong arm this year
Scott Mitchell?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
hahahah Sorry guys - I mean Shaun Hill

Please re-read my post with Shaun Hill instead of Scott Mitchell.
Yeah - kinda figured. Just bustin yer balls a bit.

Hill may be a better QB, but I'm not so sure if his ability to get the ball down the field is that much better than Clemons.

I beg to differ. Maybe my memory is failing me but Shaun Hill has always had a pretty nice deep ball. I like KC as he's a fellow Oregon boy but Hill is a definite upgrade.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Still no Bruce or Holt on the roster.
That's OK though. The youngsters will have more experience going into this season than they did last year.

I think we have enough talent there to win some games. 10 is a real possibility.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I beg to differ. Maybe my memory is failing me but Shaun Hill has always had a pretty nice deep ball. I like KC as he's a fellow Oregon boy but Hill is a definite upgrade.

Hope you are right. But, the Shaun Hill I recall was more cerebral via getting the ball out quick and going to the right guy on shorter routes vs. being a good down the field passer. Very questionable arm strength at that.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have zero facts to back up my statement. My point is Pettis is our best third down threat is because he is the most reliable. Last year he was our only reliable target. His problem is that he is slow and can't separate. He runs the right routes, catches the ball, and isn't afraid of a hit. He is a good role player, but when he is your best WR you are screwed.
He was our most experienced Wr as well ... so there's that.....kinda processes why he would be the most reliable, no?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
But ... who's gonna have my back on this? :oops:
Hey .... I'm with both you guys.... just that I'm on vacation and the tranny in our BMW is having problems :cry: I'm sitting here in the hotel room trying to forget that I have to try and make it home tomorrow limping the thing :cautious: Nothing better than getting your mind off things than reading a Rams forum....while listening to the waves break ....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey .... I'm with both you guys.... just that I'm on vacation and the tranny in our BMW is having problems :cry: I'm sitting here in the hotel room trying to forget that I have to try and make it home tomorrow limping the thing :cautious: Nothing better than getting your mind off things than reading a Rams forum....while listening to the waves break ....
Oof. That sucks, man. I remember having to drive my car home with the turbo about to blow up. Thing was whistling the whole way home.
Where are you vacationing?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Oof. That sucks, man. I remember having to drive my car home with the turbo about to blow up. Thing was whistling the whole way home.
Where are you vacationing?
We are in Pacifica right now. (near Half Moon Bay) Need to try and get it back to Redding tomorrow. Thing keeps going into "fail safe mode" when it gets hot ...so gonna try the old .. .go for awhile and stop for awhile thing. Just don't have the $$$ to get it fixed and we need to get back home. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't over do it :(

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Obviously, I am a huge fan of his ability. I guess that is from what I have watched throughout training camp. I am as frustrated as anyone when it comes to his lack of development. But I have seen him do things in practice (and seem glimpses of it in games) that no one else on this roster can do. I just think at some point, they need to show the confidence in him and just let him play. IF he cannot get it done, then cut your losses and move on.

But IMO, the worst thing they can do as they move into his 3rd year, is continue to give him spot duty, and mess with his confidence any more than they have already. I am optimistic that if he goes into camp with the idea that its his job to lose this year, as opposed to having to prove he can handle the load, he will impress. He's just too talented.
I agree. The best way to learn is to be thrown out there and learn under fire. Make your mistakes and learn from them and grow. Sitting and watching for too long will only stunt any player's growth. To me his biggest thing is to know his playbook and try and get the game to slow down for him on game day. Know your reads and just relax...go out and play ball. Let your athleticism take over from there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We are in Pacifica right now. (near Half Moon Bay) Need to try and get it back to Redding tomorrow. Thing keeps going into "fail safe mode" when it gets hot ...so gonna try the old .. .go for awhile and stop for awhile thing. Just don't have the $$$ to get it fixed and we need to get back home. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't over do it :(
Freakin' cars... :mad: Good luck, dude.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Why are some posting as if Bailey has been lost for the season or something? It's just four games. He's got all of training camp / preseason to get better. And he's got a bye week to buy him some time to be ready for the remaining 12 games.

Quite frankly, it seem to me that some seem to be placing far more emphasis on the importance of the WR position in a run first - play action offense than Jeff Fisher. Again, all one has to do is look at what he did in Tennessee.

His 2008, 13-3 team's reception leaders were TE Bo Scaife & WR Brandon Jones.
His 2007, 10-6 team's reception leaders were WR Roydell Williams & WR Justin Gage.
His 2003, 12-4 team's reception leaders were WR Derrick Mason & WR Justin McCareins.
His 2002, 11-5 team's reception leaders were WR Derrick Mason & WR Kevin Dyson.
His 2000, 13-3 team's reception leaders were TE Frank Wychek & WR Derrick Mason.
His 1999, 13-3 team's reception leaders were TE Frank Wychek & WR Kevin Dyson.

He's had a great deal of success minus this superstar WR that most seem to believe this team needs.

Back to Pead. I'm still hopeful that this guy will be used as a 3rd down back ala another so called former 2nd round pick and so-called bust in New England's RB Shane Vereen who wound up with 47 receptions this past season (his 3rd year).
And I would say there is more "talent" at the position on this team than ANY of those 10-6/13-3 teams. Two things have stymied this team and held it back ... 1) youth (still learning the NFL game) and 2) Injuries. The younger guys are going to have another yr under their belt, so they should be better prepared and wiser. We NEED to have a little luck on the injury front. Man ... .the OL and WR positions have been hit for what seems like 5-6 straight yrs ... and then the SB injury..... we NEED some better LUCK there.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I just got back from being outside, and despite conflicting reports, I'm happy to report that the sky is not falling.

Ladies? What's it look like in your neck of the woods?
Sky is fine...a little overcast. more worried 'bout my wheels falling off than the sky falling! :ROFLMAO:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good luck man. Had that happen on New Years Eve - sure can spoil a party mood.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Good luck man. Had that happen on New Years Eve - sure can spoil a party mood.
how did that turn out for ya? I'm just hoping I can limp it back. It resets itself if I stop for a bit ... then after about another 45 min's of driving, it does it again...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mine was a little different. Turbo was clogged and I had to go a little ways and park then do that again about five times. Not a BMW but a Passat. Had to have the intake and oil pump replaced to the tune of about $1100 (good German motors mechanic otherwise it would have been more). Ended up buying a new car and having the old car towed to the mechanic. It ran fine afterward but we were wanting a new car anyway so....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sky is fine...a little overcast. more worried 'bout my wheels falling off than the sky falling! :ROFLMAO:

Good luck to you. Hope you get home safely.

On my first date with my wife I took her to Monterrey. On the way down there from San Jose my crappy old station wagon started making this awful sound. The car was hard to control on that scary ride down Highway 17 and then south on Highway 1 but I was stubbornly determined not to have it ruin our first date. I turned the stereo way up to muffle the noise and acted nonchalant. Dumbass....I know.

Got there safely and as luck would have it we ran into(not literally) two of her girlfriends who drove her home. I made it back and the next day took the car to a shop. The mechanic put it up on a lift and one of the rear wheels immediately fell off. I told him what had happened and he called me a liar. Said there's no way anyone could have driven that far in the condition that wagon was in.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Mine was a little different. Turbo was clogged and I had to go a little ways and park then do that again about five times. Not a BMW but a Passat. Had to have the intake and oil pump replaced to the tune of about $1100 (good German motors mechanic otherwise it would have been more). Ended up buying a new car and having the old car towed to the mechanic. It ran fine afterward but we were wanting a new car anyway so....

Good luck to you. Hope you get home safely.

On my first date with my wife I took her to Monterrey. On the way down there from San Jose my crappy old station wagon started making this awful sound. The car was hard to control on that scary ride down Highway 17 and then south on Highway 1 but I was stubbornly determined not to have it ruin our first date. I turned the stereo way up to muffle the noise and acted nonchalant. Dumbass....I know.

Got there safely and as luck would have it we ran into(not literally) two of her girlfriends who drove her home. I made it back and the next day took the car to a shop. The mechanic put it up on a lift and one of the rear wheels immediately fell off. I told him what had happened and he called me a liar. Said there's no way anyone could have driven that far in the condition that wagon was in.

Well it drives just fine until it goes into the FSM ... .so I'm hoping that it will get us home. I live too far away to leave it here and no other way to get back... plus ... don't have the cash to get it fixed right at the moment so.... if I can just make it home, then I can have my Indy guy look at it and then decide my next action. just sucks having to worry so much. Have about 200 mi's to go to get home.....