How Concerned Are You About the Rams O-Line? --RandyK/D.Farr

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
How concerned are you about the Rams O-Line on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being maximum concern? Randy K and D’Marco Farr both rate it a “4”. The youth of the line is the biggest concern, along with Saffold’s injury history and the questions about Robinson's development.

Listen to O-Line Discussion

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven't listened to the piece yet, but I think it's difficult to rate without seeing them on the field together.

I am concerned, but I'm more like a 3 until I know what we got. At least we have some youth, which is a double edge sword, but feels good for a change.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The only thing I'm comfortable with at the moment is safety in numbers. Creating competition.
We've brought in 4+ guys that are going to be fighting heavily for positions. We needed new blood at the position and we now have it.
I just hope we can get a couple of them developed quickly.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With last years OL cadre we were concerned about aging wear & tear & injuries & surgeries. A Youth concern was never thought of......

Starter Scott Wells>Aging worn down injury/surgery wear & tear.
Starter-Jake Long> Aging injuries-surgeries wear & tear.
Starter-Davin Joseph>Aging several yrs of injuries wear & tear.
Starter-Rodger Saffold>Multiple injuries & pending reconstruction shoulder surgery.
Reserve-Barrett Jones> Back to back injuries & surgeries.
Reserve-Demetrius Rhaney>Knee injury

I will take a"Youth Concern"for a breath of fresh air from years of the other!

WvuIN02

Starter
Ugh...the Rams might have the worst OL in the league. Hopefully in a couple of years this new crop of guys will be replacing some of those names above....looks worse seeing it on paper.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
With last years OL cadre we were concerned about aging wear & tear & injuries & surgeries. A Youth concern was never thought of......

Starter Scott Wells>Aging worn down injury/surgery wear & tear.
Starter-Jake Long> Aging injuries-surgeries wear & tear.
Starter-Davin Joseph>Aging several yrs of injuries wear & tear.
Starter-Rodger Saffold>Multiple injuries & pending reconstruction shoulder surgery.
Reserve-Barrett Jones> Back to back injuries & surgeries.
Reserve-Demetrius Rhaney>Knee injury

I will take a"Youth Concern"for a breath of fresh air from years of the other!
Well, ROD got what we wanted. An oline heavy draft.
Now we have to get a couple of them ready to play this year.

Alan

Legend
Dodgersrf just glad we didn't get a lump of coal:
That's like saying I wanted a Lamborghini Gallardo for Xmas and got a Chevette instead but I'm still happy.

images
generalleechevy222.jpg

But the Chevette is a big upgrade over last year's Yugo. :LOL:
images

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I have a hard time listening to D’Marco Farr

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yeah well, people on the internet and tv think they "reached" for every single one of them. So it doesn't count.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Right now I'm at a 3, I guess.

If we sign a Blalock type for OG, I'm down to a 2.

Once camp reports and preseason give us some actual evidence, I might be anywhere between a 1 and a 5. Lol.

My point is that this question is now a bit like asking the jury for the verdict BEFORE the evidence has been presented.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah well, people on the internet and tv think they "reached" for every single one of them. So it doesn't count.
We should take that as a complement.
Seattle has been one of the worse teams drafting the past few years according to those experts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Rob Havenstein starts early @ ORT who was a Round 2, Pick 25 (57) (from Panthers)....can take up where he left off in his final game as a collegian then I will be pleased! Lets the Draft Lizards of wisdom continue on.......

Did we not also get with that Havenstein selection Round 3, Pick 25 (89) (from Panthers) & Round 6, Pick 25 (201) (from Panthers)???????

After the second round ends the draft picks thereafter devalue quickly and all mush together.

I so happy :Dthat we have a great new cadre of youthful OL'ers & could careless that those great wizards think reach each & every time.

Jamon Brown OLG/ORG
Andrew Donnal ORT/OLG/ORG
Cody Wichmann ORG
Darrell Williams OLT
David Wang OC/OLG

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
5 until I hear some encouraging news from camp that we have a starting five that look like they are going to gel. Kind of hard to visualize a stout unit coming from all this youth at the NFL level. Maybe the future is bright but not so sure about this season. Fingers crossed. :unsure:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can it really be any worse than last year. At least they have depth and upside.

Exactly. In years past, the line would peak at the beginning of the season, and worsen as inevitable injuries to aging vets would occur. This way we can reasonably expect improvement as the season goes along. I'm looking forward to the change.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, it's like this:

We don't know how it ends and it's frustrating. Will they unleash the big boys or will it just be another tease?

We'll have to wait and see!

frustration-o.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but I think it's difficult to rate without seeing them on the field together.
I'm going with this too CGI...I have my doubts..as @Alan has so eloquently posted, it's like wanting/expecting a Ferrari and getting a Yugo...We'll see...

Ugh...the Rams might have the worst OL in the league. Hopefully in a couple of years this new crop of guys will be replacing some of those names above....looks worse seeing it on paper.
this made me laugh, and since I'm a lil hung over, that's a good thing...Optimist are you?