how can I record rams games?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I'm wanting to record all this season's games via my pc. I need a tv tuner but I have no idea what to go with so I need some suggestions. Cheaper is better, I have win vista on my pc, I'm using charter cable and would like to record in hd. I've heard some cable companies won't let u record some channels in hd... like espn. Is this true? And it doesn't matter if it's a dual or single tuner because I don't need to watch or record multiple channels. Thanks in advanced... trying to get my pc ready before Friday so I can record the 1st preseason game.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I bought a Hauppauge a really long time ago for the nix or windows support. I want to say 3 years ago.

I liked the linux driver support option myself as I ran a lesser machine quieter (120mm fans running at lower RPMs and big quiet 5200RPM HDD mounted with rubber).

I did the OTA, but that card supported cable connections if that's the kind of thing you're into. Anyway I really just liked the driver support on that card. The remote was nice as well.

All good until someone spilled water on my box. Doh! At least it was cheap. All in all a really fun project. I just kept it cheap and low power and noise.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
#1. YOu need a 2 core or even better 3-core pc. I worked it in 2010 with Applian software: replay video capture. I think it is $49. Though there are some 'free' ones too, per Rams dude....I didn't know how to use the free one.
OR
#2. But the easiest thing to do is go on pirate bay, and download them every week. THough that could
end some day; THE FILES have no viruses. These guys are 'paid' to do this, so there is no 'stuff'
going on with viruses. I have done this since 2010. All Hi-Def....I have a few of those 'condensed' games
from last years. (Saints, Bears, Colts, Seahawks [#2]) if you want I can send them to you....via email.

So, I have every game from 2011-2013 in hi-def 1.5 to 4 gigs per game.--and most of 2010

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm wanting to record all this season's games via my pc. I need a tv tuner but I have no idea what to go with so I need some suggestions. Cheaper is better, I have win vista on my pc, I'm using charter cable and would like to record in hd. I've heard some cable companies won't let u record some channels in hd... like espn. Is this true? And it doesn't matter if it's a dual or single tuner because I don't need to watch or record multiple channels. Thanks in advanced... trying to get my pc ready before Friday so I can record the 1st preseason game.
Oh ya, I forgot my computer has a 'video' card that cost $100....this is necessary for 'recording' via computer.
Apple's computers do it easily, I am told!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Oh ya, I forgot my computer has a 'video' card that cost $100....this is necessary for 'recording' via computer.
Apple's computers do it easily, I am told!
Wow we went opposite routes on that. I went with the integrated AMD or Radeon GPU but I had 8gb of cheap low voltage RAM to support it plus virtualization. Definitely only a 2ghz dual core though.

Cool to hear from someone else who did the PC DVR.

Cheers!

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
You'll have to buy some equipment if you don't have it already, which could get costly.
If you don't want to go through the trouble of recording the games, just download them!

I do basically the same thing as SteveBrown. I download a torrent of the game later that night or the next day.