how bout Fisher HC and Turner OC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I believe both coached for the LA Rams during the 80s. Fisher could bring his leadership and hard-nosed D, while Turner would add his offensive expertise and I believe he would be good for Bradford.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Excuse the French but PLEASE no fucking way to Norv. Fischer I could deal with. Norv? I just don't know that I could even stomach looking at the guy. I have always thought he did so little with great talent - especially as other teams progressed through the season. What would he do with our team? No thanks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't mind Norv Turner as an OC.

However, I think we're going to have to wait to see who we get as a GM. That needs to be done first, and then let him assemble the staff he wants.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RamFan503 said:
Excuse the French but PLEASE no fucking way to Norv. Fischer I could deal with. Norv? I just don't know that I could even stomach looking at the guy. I have always thought he did so little with great talent - especially as other teams progressed through the season. What would he do with our team? No thanks.

Norv is an awesome OC. Much better than McDaniels. See his strategy against Ravens on SNF??

As a HC, his problems were special teams and their overrated kicker. He's had good teams. He won't be HC, but whoever gets him as OC, well it'll be good times.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Norval Turner??? REALLY??? No. I watched him suck a D here in Washington, and have no idea how he has managed to get jobs since. His resume consists of winning with a team full of all stars in Dallas and not much else. Dude looks like he caught fire and someone tried to put him out with an icepick.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
Norval Turner??? REALLY??? No. I watched him suck a D here in Washington, and have no idea how he has managed to get jobs since. His resume consists of winning with a team full of all stars in Dallas and not much else. Dude looks like he caught fire and someone tried to put him out with an icepick.....

Well said and exactly what I think about the dude - even the ice pick.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Jeff Fisher will interview with the Rams per ProFootball Talk and Peter King.

I wonder who will be the GM hmm. 10 more mins til Demoff

bluecoconuts

Legend
ljramsfan said:

If they hire Jeff Fisher, or any HC before they hire a GM, then SK is an idiot. Frankly they shouldn't even interview any potential HC until they have their GM in place.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ljramsfan said:

You saying you think it will be KD?

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

If they hire Jeff Fisher, or any HC before they hire a GM, then SK is an idiot. Frankly they shouldn't even interview any potential HC until they have their GM in place.

If the Rams win in the long run, would Kroenke still be an idiot?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

Is that like asking "if the Rams continue losing and there is no one in the stands to watch them, are they still losing?" :sly:

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
ljramsfan said:

You saying you think it will be KD?

The GM better bring in the personnel. Already know Fisher is an excellent HC.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

Well not really I guess, but I just don't think it would be smart to hire a HC before a GM. Get the right GM in place, and then let him assemble his staff.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

Long term winning in the NFL is predicated on teamwork and cooperation. The template for FO cooperation is GM and HC on the same page. If the owner rests between them (hiring the HC first), you might get a few playoff appearances and maybe even SB championship, but a 10-year run? No.

For 30 years, Georgia's Rams insisted on running their own process, and once the Carroll/Klosterman well ran dry, the consistent winning stopped. One 3-year spike convinced everyone at Rams Park that they were doing it right, and Shaw made it worse by putting the accountant over the HC.

I sincerely hope Stan isn't turning back the clock.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

Well not really I guess, but I just don't think it would be smart to hire a HC before a GM. Get the right GM in place, and then let him assemble his staff.

The Rams hired Devaney first. In 2009, Spags still had to hire his staff during the combine. I would love it if the Rams had their HC in place BEFORE the week of the 20th of January.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

The Rams hired Devaney first. In 2009, Spags still had to hire his staff during the combine. I would love it if the Rams had their HC in place BEFORE the week of the 20th of January.
Spags was hiring his staff during Senior Bowl week. Maybe you meant that?

Lesson

Oh, really?
Ram Quixote said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
ljramsfan said:

Spags was hiring his staff during Senior Bowl week. Maybe you meant that?

Yes. I got the combine confused with the Senior Bowl.

All I remember is that he was still hiring his staff during some evaluation gathering in his hotel room.