How About That O-line?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I realize CJ has been getting the props and they are well deserved. But aside from a couple bad plays, that O-line went beast mode. I love watching the Rams being able to pound it like that. Let's go into frisco and do it again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Damn right. Goff also had quite a bit of time to throw when they had to throw. Offensive line deserves a lot of kudos for this game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope they got their mojo back for good. It was nice to see them imposing their will on Arizona. Arizona had darn near every defender in the box, and it didn't make a damned difference.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I realize CJ has been getting the props and they are well deserved. But aside from a couple bad plays, that O-line went beast mode. I love watching the Rams being able to pound it like that. Let's go into frisco and do it again.

Nah, let them come to LA.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/nfl-rams-offensive-line-rankings-2018-pff/

PFF ranks Rams' offensive line 6th best in NFL for 2018 season
By: Cameron DaSilva

usatsi_11444963.jpg

It’s no coincidence that the Los Angeles Rams have been far more efficient, explosive and consistent since revamping the offensive line in 2017. Jared Goff has turned into a Pro Bowler and Todd Gurley is the reigning Offensive Player of the Year, partly thanks to the play of the big men up front.

For most of the season, it was the best unit in the league. However, John Sullivan’s play has fallen off, Andrew Whitworth has slowed down a bit at left tackle and Rodger Saffold had trouble with the likes of Fletcher Cox.

Still, the Rams’ offensive line earned high marks from Pro Football Focus, which ranked it sixth in the NFL this season. The teams ahead of the Rams are the Steelers, Browns, Colts, Patriots and Eagles.

After such a hot start, the Rams offensive line getting exposed over the second half of the season was one of the more significant reasons for their offensive lull. Most notably, center John Sullivan’s play fell off a cliff down the stretch. After allowing four pressures through the first seven games, he allowed 32 over the last nine. Still, it’s one of the few lines in the NFL to have five starters play over 1,000 snaps.

None of the Rams’ offensive linemen made the Pro Bowl or PFF’s All-Pro team, but Rob Havenstein was deserving of both honors. He was the third-highest rated tackle in the NFL by PFF’s standards and did a phenomenal job blocking many of the league’s best pass rushers.

Saffold is still wildly underrated at left guard, though that could change this offseason if he signs a big contract in free agency. Whitworth is a known commodity, while Austin Blythe is an unsung hero after replacing Jamon Brown.

It wasn’t a perfect season by the Rams’ offensive line, but it was still a very impressive one.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wow. After years of poor OL play, we finally have a top 10 unit. Wow.
I'll skip the trip down bust lane, I'm sure someone else will pick that up.
But what an addition Whit & Sully have been, though we might want to figure out what's going on w/ Sully. Saffold no longer the best OL'er we have (by comparison), he now has equals on either side of him. Big Rob rounding into the top RT in the league (can't underestimate them top RT's). Blythe proving to be an amazing draft value. With Noteboom waiting in the wings, gosh. Finally.