How About Some Receiver Love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
They'll draft Austin's replacement this year or pick a cheap speed guy from FA. All we need is someone who can return kicks and is a threat on sweeps.

Those guys are a dime a dozen and usually much cheaper than 10mil per :puke:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Loved seeing the Watkins w/ a lil Woods show....

Sammy Watkins...will get everyone loose....

I LOVED JARED GOING TO SAMMY EARLY AND OFTEN

and Woods too....

I was in my car when Higbee dropped that dime near the goalline..

WTF is wrong with him? Gonna look at the recording soon...waiting for that condensed version in here.

Be easy on Higbee when you watch the replay.....it was a tough ball to catch, hit him square in the hands lol. I dont know what is wrong with him, but he looks slow and passive to me, not a good combo.

TexasRam

Legend
DB made a great play on that. Plus Higbee has become a good blocker, imo he takes too much grief from Rams fans.

I've rewatched the game paying attention to the blocking. Higbee has improved as a blocker. There are times when he really battles and wins the block. He still loses some battles and has a long way to go but is getting better. His drop was
Due to the safety pulling his arm right as he catches the ball. And that safety is a strong dude with ripped arms. I'll give Higs a pass on that one.

Blythe played virtually all of the second half and played as good as Sullivan. That is the good news. The entire line was very very solid. Along with Gurley and the TE's there was zero assignment mishaps. Carrier is a huge piece to the puzzle.

jap

Legend
It still seems so surreal that the Bills gave us their starting WRs---both of them! I know Sammy & Robert are super happy to be in a receiver-friendly offense. With both WRs going over 100 yards last night, will we see Sean spring Tavon on few long routes to test the 'Boys' defensive discipline? With our offense of earlier years, the 'Boys' secondary would flock to Tavon like moths to a light. With Sammy & Robert storming the secondary, they will probably try to lock down Sammy & Tavon, and take their chances with the slower Robert.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hats off to Les and McVay too. They were monitoring the Watkins situation way back in March. Way to get it done. A second round pick was a risky deal for a possible one year rental, but they can let Tavon go and give his moolah to Sammy. I hope Watkins gets many more games like this last one to keep him happy in LA.

I was speculating about the trade and recalled that Les said the extra second round pick was a key factor in being able to move to number one and draft Goff. The Bills clearly need a QB so maybe that was part of Les' pitch to get Sammy. Now the Bills have the extra second that could help them move up.

nighttrain

Legend
It still seems so surreal that the Bills gave us their starting WRs---both of them! I know Sammy & Robert are super happy to be in a receiver-friendly offense. With both WRs going over 100 yards last night, will we see Sean spring Tavon on few long routes to test the 'Boys' defensive discipline? With our offense of earlier years, the 'Boys' secondary would flock to Tavon like moths to a light. With Sammy & Robert storming the secondary, they will probably try to lock down Sammy & Tavon, and take their chances with the slower Robert.
Robert and Kupp
train

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
I have to be honest, in that I had no idea Woods was such a capable receiver. Dude did a great job last night. Impressed, to say the least!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope I am not the only one that finds the irony with this.
I mean, the day after the MOST EXCITING RAMS GAME in years!?!?

I mean....Quick and Britt....never knew who they were till combine time....

Woods and Watkins....I dreamed, begged, pleaded for some how they'd be drafted....I wanted Quick...and Britt, cause we DIDN'T have a Sammy.....AND we were forcing the ball to a guy....

See the difference in this?

Since this is an ongoing topic....more clarity...Does anyone think that some, if not all of our former players, would benefit from a McVay? Or even our old linemen would play better with a Kromer?

I mean....coaching matters....Not only that, McVay's plays, with Kromer seem to set up blocks better. That Tavon jet-sweep has ALWAYS looked good to me...faking it, giving it to him...passing or running Gurley off it...It works...but it seems to have opened the field for our QB...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yep great stats lines:
* Woods, caught 6 of 7 Targets for 108 yards w/ a long of 31 Yds. an aver. of 18.0!
* Watkins, caught 6 of 7 targets for 106 Yards / 2 TD's / a long of 47 Yards / and a 17.7 average!
And Goff used a lot more receiver's too!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yep great stats lines:
* Woods, caught 6 of 7 Targets for 108 yards w/ a long of 31 Yds. an aver. of 18.0!
* Watkins, caught 6 of 7 targets for 106 Yards / 2 TD's / a long of 47 Yards / and a 17.7 average!
And Goff used a lot more receiver's too!
yep , the Buffalo connection did ok last night

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Wood played a lot tougher than I thought possible....maybe the Redskins "series" put a little sass in to his game...he was 'wow' good...been waiting for that from an Ram WR.
Then, we DOUBLE IT UP with Watkins!!! Without the Watkins trade our offense doesn't go.....and if Watkins misses the Dallas game....instead of 24, we may only put upt 13...he is that big for us.

Kupp
is Kupp, and he will always be there...nice third down conversion...makes it look easy!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I loved Woods receiving performance and love his physicality helping in the run game but his aggressive physicality has its risk too. Last week there was the Offensive PI and this week he had another play where that aggressive physical nature almost spelled disaster................ when he attempted to block down the DE but whiffed and instead crashed shoulder first into Whitworth's left knee. Fortunately no injury for Whit. but it was a scary second.

On the receiving group, it seems like a different one steps to the forefront each week. Kupp made the splash in week 1 but this week he was relatively quiet, while Watkins had a quiet opening week but broke out last night. I like that the receiver group has so much depth now.

I have been hesitant to mention this until now but I think our Rams could emerge as having one of the bettter overall skill groups on the league this year if they can stay healthy. They have a diverse array of weapons now at WR & TE, plus top athletic talent at RB and gadget back.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
Tremendous job last night with Jared finding our open guys and an even better job of our PLAYMAKERS making plays baby!!!

I bet Buff feels really dumb seeing their former boys succeeding very well in the early going... let's just get Watkins locked up and put one less FA behind us.
I have a feeling austin money will soon be in Watkins pocket. Trade bait!

Ram65

Legend
Woods got it started. Nice throws by Goff. Woods set the tone early. Then Watkins gets involved with some nice third down plays and of course the over the shoulder catch for 47 yards. Nice 1-2 punch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta agree on Woods. It was so nice to see him bounce back like he did with clutch catches last night. That catch he made down the sideline on a beautiful throw from Goff was just ridiculous, with the guy in his face and yet it looked like he sucked the ball in. Just glorious.

I LOVE this receiver corps. And tbh this offense in general. Not only are they getting it done through three games, but more importantly they have NOT reached their potential as a unit yet. As Goff continues to mature in this offense we are going to see more and more efforts like that where these guys take over games.

Watkins is settling in nicely. Woods coming off great game. Kupp (who had a SICK crackdown block on the Gurley pitch for 20 yards or whatever) is also going to have some games where he dominates and racks up big yards.

Keep saying sustained passing game is not about a #1 wideout so much as it is the number of mismatches you can force offensively. And right now the Rams are way up there in number of mismatches. Defenses gonna have a rough time vs our offense all year man.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, the day after the MOST EXCITING RAMS GAME in years!?!?

I mean....Quick and Britt....never knew who they were till combine time....

Woods and Watkins....I dreamed, begged, pleaded for some how they'd be drafted....I wanted Quick...and Britt, cause we DIDN'T have a Sammy.....AND we were forcing the ball to a guy....

See the difference in this?

Since this is an ongoing topic....more clarity...Does anyone think that some, if not all of our former players, would benefit from a McVay? Or even our old linemen would play better with a Kromer?

I mean....coaching matters....Not only that, McVay's plays, with Kromer seem to set up blocks better. That Tavon jet-sweep has ALWAYS looked good to me...faking it, giving it to him...passing or running Gurley off it...It works...but it seems to have opened the field for our QB...
Our current coaching staff ? the guys who you think would make the likes of quick Britt better players .. they don't agree with you .... I'm gonna side with them